PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL tells Jonathan Vilma that Gregg Williams ratted him out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm angry at the Saints (coaches and players) who are making me side with Goodell right now. There's really no one to root for in this scenario.

I heard Williams didn't sign the affadavit until this last Friday. If that's true it seems very suspicious to me.

And you know the legal teams will turn that into all shades of gray with regards to coercion and back room deals. i would think the commish needs to get multipel sources to confirm this.

Once Goodell is finished punishing the players, Goodell should punish himself for the replacement officials fiasco.

24 hours in a locked room with Rex Ryan . . . and no food.

If it's true that Williams didn't sign this until last Friday it basically means that the league didn't have this evidence on file at the time of the suspension which is sort of odd.

If you don't believe in Bad Karma,look at these Saints....they are paying the price so far for the evil doings.

If you don't believe in Bad Karma,look at these Saints....they are paying the price so far for the evil doings.

I'd say it has more to do with their play caller. Look at their record last year when Payton was not on the sideline, hell look at Brees' career before Payton was calling his plays.

News Just in.

The Washington Post has just confirmed Gregg Williams is in fact Deep throat.

Thats another mystery put to bed.

LOL, that was put to bed ages ago, when Mark Felt died.

I heard Vilma's lawyer on M&M this morning and he insinuated that Gregg Williams only signed the affidavit out of fear of Goodell and the fact he may never coach again if he didn't. I found that a bit strange, given I can't imagine what locker room would even want a snitch as their coach.

Last edited:
Wait, what? o_O

You think he was gong to take the rap on his own? Fair play to him for bringing the culprits down with him I say. Stop being stupid.

The funny thing is, most of you who like to comment never even read the press release!!!!

The players only got their bans rescinded because of a wording technicality.

Where the hell do you reach that conclusion? Of course I read the press release. Whatever point you're (poorly) attempting to make, it doesn't change the fact that Williams is selling out his players over participation in a program that he instituted. This makes him a scumbag.

On the bright side, now it's pretty much guaranteed that he'll never work in the NFL again.

And Cerullo whom Vilma's supporters were crowing swore he never said a thing about Vilma offering a $10K bounty to the commissioner also signed an affidavit stating not only did he see it as Williams attested, but he collected the money off the table and handed passed it on to Williams. Williams didn't recall the exchange in his affidavit, and that is now what Vilma's lawyer is hanging his hat on. Guy is also batting .000 in his player defense cases. But making a boatload of cash in the process.

If Vilma persists he's eventually going to get Payton and Vitt in lot worse situation then they are currently in because he's going to force them to choose between being out of the game for good via perjuring themselves or cutting their own locker room throats.

Interesting read. Regardless of whether the NFL held something over his head to get him to sign this, there's no way he agrees to all that if it's not true, IMO.

To me the most interesting parts are that the system was there before Williams got there.. Pay for cart offs and stuff was added later. But the big one I think is that no bonuses were paid for plays that penalties were called... Including illegal hits. Only clean hits got bonuses. If what this says is true the whole system seems a lot less barbaric.

What benefit is it to Williams to rat him out? He's already suspended indefinitely

To me the most interesting parts are that the system was there before Williams got there.. Pay for cart offs and stuff was added later. But the big one I think is that no bonuses were paid for plays that penalties were called... Including illegal hits. Only clean hits got bonuses. If what this says is true the whole system seems a lot less barbaric.

Yes

The fundamental issue is that NO got punished not because they had done this but because they ignored the quiet request(s?) to cease and desist, continuing the practice and then lied about it to the Commissioner.

Last edited:
Why is any one surprised by this?

1) I am not a huge fan of Goodel, but I figured he had a reason to suspend the players that he suspended.

2) The coaches confessed.

3) The coaches reinstatment was contingent on cooperating.

4) Cooperation in these types of matters always includes naming who else particpated.

Therefore it was pretty obvious from the start that Williams and Peyton named players that got suspended and the league was resisting making that completely public, but I thought it was pretty transparent all along that Goodel was operating on the basis of Peyton and Williams statements.

Wow just wow..........Vilma and the Saints fans would never have expected this,
A deposition proclaiming the truth is not ratting on anybody. Lying is not an option. If you've done something that requires lying to protect you then tough **** for you. Don't do that. The little conspiracy is over. The protection racket broke down. What do you think Williams' options were after thumbing his nose at the league for years and finally getting caught? You think he should have lied again?

And what's worse is that nobody in this thread is pissed off at Vilma. You all got pissed off at Pollard, but not Vilma for doing it intentionally. You are truly confused. If you don't like the idea of your guy getting whacked by the NFL mafia then why would ***** about Greg Williams who came out with it a day late and dollar short? I mean the racket is history by that time and Vilma should have STFU and taken it like a man. He is supposedly a man, right?

A deposition proclaiming the truth is not ratting on anybody. Lying is not an option. If you've done something that requires lying to protect you then tough **** for you. Don't do that. The little conspiracy is over. The protection racket broke down. What do you think Williams' options were after thumbing his nose at the league for years and finally getting caught? You think he should have lied again?

And what's worse is that nobody in this thread is pissed off at Vilma. You all got pissed off at Pollard, but not Vilma for doing it intentionally. You are truly confused. If you don't like the idea of your guy getting whacked by the NFL mafia then why would ***** about Greg Williams who came out with it a day late and dollar short? I mean the racket is history by that time and Vilma should have (Please be quiet - edited) and taken it like a man. He is supposedly a man, right?
There's plenty of Bountygate related threads where public ire has been directed toward the implicated Saints players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back