PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Television viewing this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiggins!

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Don't know if it's been posted, if so, appologizze.

CBS and Showtime announced the roster for "Inside the NFL" moving from HBO to Showtime this fall. James Brown, Phil Simms and Chris Collinsworth. A fourth person will be added each week. They're not sure if it's a full-time 4th person or a rotating analyst.

NBC announced Dan Patrick will join the Sunday Night football night in America show. So, Costas, Patrick, Keith Olberman (that's what they're trying to re-create from the old SC days), Collinsworth, Tiki and the Bus along with Peter King. Alot of talking heads!

Just wanted to put it out there.

Oh good! Football Night in America is just adding more and more to their cast of thousands. Maybe they should have learned from ESPN's NFL Primetime and stick with two guys. Granted there aren't two guys in the 30 or so guys they got employed on their Sunday night show as good as Chris Berman and Tom Jackson. That is sad when you can't outclass Jackson.

Olbermann and Costas are just horrible at doing recaps. Olbermann seems to only have two emotions these days - robotic and santimonious. Costas has always sucked. He has a baseball temperment for a football show.

None of the so-called analysts provide any real insight.

The worst thing to happen to football in recent years was to take away the Sunday recap show from ESPN. ESPN does so many things wrong and that was one of the few things he did right.

Olberman on FNiA means no watchie for me. OTOH, Simms and Collinsworth on ItNFL sounds enticing as I like both of them.

Olberman on FNiA means no watchie for me. OTOH, Simms and Collinsworth on ItNFL sounds enticing as I like both of them.

very curious about simms and collinsworth. If done right, they could have very good "chalkboard breakdown"

James Brown is very vanialla, he just has to stay out of the way.

I love Dan Patrick. Olbermann should stick to writing and hating George W. Bush: the two things he's best at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes