PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL teams having difficult time selling playoff tickets

The NFL is in the fantasy business these days. They didn't think out the possibility that the casual fan and a neutered game might suffer attendance wise.

If you lived 25 min away...would you have gone? Because with a 3 hour ride each way..i wouldn't go to any games

No... it's a wallet thing. The gas bill is part of the expense. The ride generally only deters me from night games. I am not 25 anymore, and the night games hurt the next day, even if I keep the adult beverage consumption to a minimum. If I had the disposable cash flow, I could always go to my father's place in RI.

That stupid angst is still driving me.

Don't worry GenX buddy, soon the most selfish generation of all time will be shoved in nursing homes and we'll crush the world's problems with our generation's relentless pragmatism. It's going to be a glorious transformation marked by our paradoxical cynicism and idealism.

I wouldn't sit through a 4 hour NFL experience in GB this weekend with those conditions for free, even if I was a diehard Packers fan. If you're wearing enough layers and protection to not get frostbite everywhere and a deadly case of hypothermia, can you even make noise to support your team? Can you clap?

Can't wait to see the inevitable 49ers players who are "too tough" to wear long sleeves...I would put a lot of money on the Packers, regardless of their fans hands freezing together mid-clap. :D

seems now that Indy sold all their tickets

so IND-KC seems to be now sold out

also Green Bay now looks sold out

seems not yet sold out @ CIN

seems that also CIN game is now sold out

I know one way to easily improve the game experience -- stop blasting ear-splitting mostly c**p music from the second the ball is blown dead to the second the next snap happens. God forbid we might want to discuss the play with a seatmate.

I hear you rl. My son and I were talking about that at the Browns game a couple of weeks ago. As the prices are going up, the stadium experience is getting worse, not better.

It seems that the NFL is experiencing the confluence of events that they've most likely been expecting. For the past few years or more they've understood that they're competing against large screen HD TVs and the comfort of people's homes and have been trying to amp up the fan experience inside the stadium with things like larger video screens, wi-fi, etc. The other issue is the price of tickets, parking, and all of the other ancillary expenses that go along with a trip to the stadium. There has to be a tipping point when it comes to how much fans can afford, and it looks like it's closer to being reached. The difficulty in selling out playoff tickets just might be one more sign of that.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back