PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL teams having difficult time selling playoff tickets

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps Green Bay Packers fans have little faith in this year's team.

How else to explain why as of Tuesday evening there were 11,000 tickets still remaining, according to a team spokesperson, for Sunday's NFC playoff game at Lambeau Field against the San Francisco 49ers?

The Packers have a streak of 319 consecutive sellouts (301 regular-season games and 18 playoff games) and nearly 100,000 people on their season-ticket waiting list.

Green Bay isn't the only team having trouble selling out for this weekend's games, with the Indianapolis Colts and Cincinnati Bengals also faced with thousands of unsold tickets.

The Colts, who have sold out 137 of their last 138 games, have "slightly less than 6,000" tickets they need to sell to avoid having their Saturday game against the Kansas City Chiefs blacked out in the Indianapolis area.

NFL rules say teams must sell out games at least 72 hours prior to kickoff to ensure they will be shown on local television. The league extended the deadline to Thursday at 4:30 p.m. because Wednesday is a holiday.

Thousands of unsold seats at Lambeau Field - ESPN

Cincy could win the next 3 SBs and still have blackouts...but GB?

Regional economies + post-Christmas wallet crunch? :confused2:

Weather + price + expectations are at play. Who wants to mortgage the house to freeze their butt off watching their team lose?

Saturday
Kansas City Chiefs (+2.5) at Indianapolis Colts, 46.5
New Orleans Saints (+2.5) at Philadelphia Eagles, 54

Sunday
San Diego Chargers (+7) at Cincinnati Bengals, 46.5
San Francisco 49ers (-3) at Green Bay Packers, 48

I was going to give a knee-jerk answer since my brother and friends refused to go to Foxboro like we have so many prior years for playoff games. They are not sitting through the cold anymore. Wimps.

But then the Colts? A dome team? Wha?

Who wants to mortgage the house to freeze their butt off watching their team lose?

Tickets are pretty cheap on stub hub for the packers...cincy you can get tix for $70 bucks each...not a lot

Going to Lambeau is on my Bucket list

I said this to my wife on sunday and she was in full agreement,would be such an experience.

One of my guiding principles in life is always be somewhere that it is convenient to have diarrhea. This plus doing calisthenics every 30 seconds to let the people who apparently bought their ticket so they could ignore the game and focus on paying $13 for a bottle of beer and the long, traffic-laden journey to the stadium makes live games a love/hate thing for me. I would do 1-2 games a year, typically, and that was just about right.

I think stadiums are going to deal with this more and more and if the answer continues to be 'black out the game' then the NFL is going to look woefully out of touch.

That's a good wife.

Indeed, since we first started dating in 2005, marriage in 2007 onward, her football love/knowledge has grown, still she likes the tight pants, lol...

Tickets are pretty cheap on stub hub for the packers...cincy you can get tix for $70 bucks each...not a lot

Compared to the pats were cheapest face value is 90$. Just think of what it's like in Jacksonville you could most likely walk up and pay under 20$ for good seats.

OT: Teams having hard time selling playoff tickets

Going to lambeau is on my bucket list but......

Ticket + plane + hotel + car OR a new 60" led tv.

My brother in law has really timed out trips to other stadiums well. He went to a Notre Dame game on a Saturday and then went to Lambeau the next day to watch the Packers. Another time he went to see Michigan at the big house on a Saturday then saw the Bears at Solder on a Monday night. He's done similar in September doing a baseball\football combo in the same city like going to Baltimore, AZ and others.

If you're planning a trip like that I really think it's the way to do it since you're paying for airfare why not get the most out of it you can.

Going to lambeau is on my bucket list but......

Ticket + plane + hotel + car OR a new 60" led tv.
Only 60? Are you installing it in the john? :D

In all seriousness, I've mentioned a possible Green bay trip next season to several of my friends, a few (ahem) r Packer fans and they were interested. It would be a good thing..to experience the "frozen tundra"!!!! even if it were in Sept, with other Pats Fans. Keep it in mind.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back