PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Supplemental Draft

I think LaKendrick Ross is an interesting prospect. I do not know much about the others.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2123871-nfl-supplemental-draft-2014-reported-date-format-rules-eligible-prospects

So do the Patriots......

"Today, big LaKendrick Ross had his pro day before 12 NFL teams. Ross has entered the NFL’s Supplemental Draft. The Eagles, Chiefs, Rams, Niners, Cardinals, Bears, Raiders, Texans, Colts, Falcons, Patriots and one other.
Ross weighed in at 360 pounds and looked amazing. The NFL scouts were flocking around the physical specimen while he ran his 40 yard dash as well as did positional drills."

Raiders were one of 12 teams in attendance for LaKendrick Ross' pro day | NFL Draft Diamonds

Last edited:
worth a look at.....benched 225 47 times...... not bad......can dunk.....but he is 6-4/6-5

Has Belichick ever taken any player in the Supplemental Draft?

No the last player taken was Je’Rod Cherry the season before Belichick became HC.

J'Juan Cherry was the supplemental pick. Je'Rod had been a 2nd round pick of the Saints in the mid-90s.

In case you can't get enough of mock drafts, even really incredibly stupid ones, here's NFL.com's mock supplemental draft:

2014 supplemental mock draft - NFL.com

If you don't feel like scrolling through reams of crap that looks like this

16. Miami Dolphins (8-8) - Pass
17. Dallas Cowboys (8-8) - Pass
18. Chicago Bears (8-8) - Pass
19. Baltimore Ravens (8-8) - Pass
20. Green Bay Packers (8-7-1) - Pass
21. San Diego Chargers (9-7) - Pass
22. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) - Pass
23. Arizona Cardinals (10-6) - Pass
24. New Orleans Saints (11-5) - Pass
25. Kansas City Chiefs (11-5) - Pass
26. Indianapolis Colts (11-5) - Pass

He predicts the Jets will take Ross in Round 5 and the Dolphins will take Shead in Round 7, and offers absolutely no explanation for why. I assume it's a poor attempt at a joke.

In case you can't get enough of mock drafts, even really incredibly stupid ones, here's NFL.com's mock supplemental draft:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000364030/article/2014-nfl-supplemental-mock-draft

he predicts the Jets will take Ross in Round 5 and the Dolphins Shead in Round 7 and offers absolutely no explanation for why. I assume it's a poor attempt at a joke.

Actually, it was the Jet's Round 6 pick....not 5th.

I've got my Supplemental Draft Party all set. I am have three of my friends I really don't like and only call when everyone else is busy over. On the menu is the leftover Chinese food from tonight and whatever beers that are left from my July 4th BBQ. I have purchased my Supplemental Draft Guides (more of a pamphlet really). It is going to be one hell of a time.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000364030/article/2014-nfl-supplemental-mock-draft

he predicts the Jets will take Ross in Round 5 and the Dolphins Shead in Round 7 and offers absolutely no explanation for why. I assume it's a poor attempt at a joke.

It must be a joke. He has the Horrible Harbaughs trading picks and then passing with them.

Not to mention that the draft order hasn't even been released yet

It must be a joke. He has the Horrible Harbaughs trading picks and then passing with them.

Moreover, IIRC, that's not even how it works. Teams get a list of players who are available, and then it basically works like a sealed bid auction.

No executive wants to sit around for that long to do nothing.

I've got my Supplemental Draft Party all set. I am have three of my friends I really don't like and only call when everyone else is busy over. On the menu is the leftover Chinese food from tonight and whatever beers that are left from my July 4th BBQ. I have purchased my Supplemental Draft Guides (more of a pamphlet really). It is going to be one hell of a time.

Awesome.....

Once again, awesome........

Two weeks until training camp.. then all of these thread will just be a memory!!

Can't see the Pats even getting a sniff at him, but it would be nice if they did. They need one more fat ass by my count.

Can't see the Pats even getting a sniff at him, but it would be nice if they did. They need one more fat ass by my count.

And based on their reported pursuit of Kevin Williams, it seems they agree with you.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back