PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Strength of Schedule Ranking

Neither Baltimore or Seattle played in Dallas, so that may or may not be meaningful. Baltimore played in Detroit, so eschewing that over a night game with Pitt could mean they want the champ on at night or it could just be a schedule quirk.

I'm not sure we have enough information either way at this point, though it'll be one of the first things I look at when the schedule comes

While I would very much like NE/Dallas to be the Thanksgiving night game. I just get the feeling NFL is gonna want its cake and eat it too. Meaning Dallas and NE games on Thanksgiving and scheduling NE/Dallas as a 4pm National Sunday CBS game or SNF game.

And isn't Thursday games now division games?

While I would very much like NE/Dallas to be the Thanksgiving night game. I just get the feeling NFL is gonna want its cake and eat it too. Meaning Dallas and NE games on Thanksgiving and scheduling NE/Dallas as a 4pm National Sunday CBS game or SNF game.

And isn't Thursday games now division games?

You may be right, sounds reasonable enough.

Regarding division games, both Dallas and Detroit played division foes this past year, but Detroit played Houston in 2012 and Dallas faced Oakland in 2013, so it would have to be a recent change.

About the only downside to winning it all is the schedule this coming year will have even more Prime time games meaning more tired mornings at work.

HOME
Buffalo - Possible opening night
Miami Dolphins - Possible Monday or Thursday night
New York Jets -
Jacksonville Jaguars -
Tennessee Titans -
Philadelphia Eagles - Sunday night
Washington Redskins -
Pittsburgh Steelers - Either opening night or Sunday night

ROAD
Bills - If Bills aren't opening night at home I think this will be either a Monday or Thursday night Game
Dolphins - If the home game isn't Monday or Thursday this one will be.
Jets -
Houston - Could land on Sunday, Monday or Thursday
Indianapolis - They don't usually do back to back years on Sunday night but this might be an exception given the ratings bonanza.
Dallas - I think this will be the Thanksgiving game but if not then Sunday night.
Giants -Possible Sunday, Monday or Thursday
Broncos - If Peyton is back it's Sunday night.

EDIT: I'm not saying they will all be prime time just that a lot of them have the potential. I know the league caps it.

Well, if I had to pick the two divisions I wanted for next year, it might be the two we got.

The AFC South has a potential surprise team (Houston), but I'd rather play the Colts, the heavy favorites in that division, than three teams in the North (Pitt, Cinci and Baltimore) and three teams in the West (KC, Denver and San Diego).

The NFC East isn't a physical division like the North or the West, and the South has at least a couple of teams that might surprise next year - three, in fact.

We won on our last regular season trip to Denver in 2011. Tebow was at qb. Worst part of that game was Andre Carter getting hurt. He had been playing well up to that point.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

Atlanta will still end up going 6-10

I posted this last year, but this is the easiest Patriots schedule to remember:

1) Both Peyton teams + the Washington team he wishes he played instead in SB 48
2) Every team in New York, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Florida,
3) Except replace Buccaneers with Titans (same thing)

Last edited:
If Brady, Revis and Gronk stay healthy all year this could be 16-0. Dallas is the only threat unless Denver gets it's act together. I can't believe how easy this schedule is. I mean compare next seasons schedule to this season. I liked that we played so many good teams this season because it prepared us for the playoffs. The only thing that could make next season better is if we don't have to face Baltimore in the playoffs. They are the only thing standing in the way to a SB appearance in #50.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back