PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Statement on Pats/Rams taping story

Status
Not open for further replies.

makewayhomer

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
"We were aware of the rumor months ago and looked into it. There was no evidence of it on the tapes or in the notes produced by the Patriots, and the Patriots told us it was not true."

from Mike Reiss

Last edited:
What other lame allegations are they going to make against the Patriots? This is so pointless.

Great lets move on and for those that dont want to move on, like Steve Young, Marshall Faulk...Shame on You...

Yes, and then we have Matt "they never contacted me" Walsh.

This story will never go away. :rolleyes:

I found a link to this, a posting on Fan Nation, over on the Planet.

"I know people who worked for the Pats back when Walsh was employed. For all of you clinging to hope that this will bring down the Pats......I ask you for a little time until all of the facts come out. Then, please by all means, pass judgment at that time. You will see what a hoax this is!!

Matt Walsh had multiple issues as an employee of the Patriots. When he finally crossed the line, he was fired. The Patriots chose not to press legal charges at the time. I think they were overly generous, but I guess they wanted the kid to have a second chance. This guy was a real beauty....always looking for the spotlight. He used to brag that he was going to be "somebody famous" all of the time. I guess he finally figured out a way to get his 15 minutes.

Way to go...Matt....you got your 15 minutes,,,,now let see how good the media is at investigating your past. I sure hope for your sake, they don't investigate what happened at Springfield (or are you trying to forget about that).

Is that why you want ESPN to cover your legal damages?

Has that issue resurfaced or are you just getting lonely out on the island?

If you only knew what I know, you'd realize that this guy has "zero" credibility!!"

You know, when I read about Matt this AM I instantly had a feel for him. A couple of times in my life I've had dealings with very charming people who were pathological liars and borderline sociopaths. Thing is, the really good ones, after they are outed, just move on - often after weaseling their way out of any judgement or punishment, and reinvent themselves somewhere else and start the process all over again.

I found a link to this, a posting on Fan Nation, over on the Planet.

"I know people who worked for the Pats back when Walsh was employed. For all of you clinging to hope that this will bring down the Pats......I ask you for a little time until all of the facts come out. Then, please by all means, pass judgment at that time. You will see what a hoax this is!!

Matt Walsh had multiple issues as an employee of the Patriots. When he finally crossed the line, he was fired. The Patriots chose not to press legal charges at the time. I think they were overly generous, but I guess they wanted the kid to have a second chance. This guy was a real beauty....always looking for the spotlight. He used to brag that he was going to be "somebody famous" all of the time. I guess he finally figured out a way to get his 15 minutes.

Way to go...Matt....you got your 15 minutes,,,,now let see how good the media is at investigating your past. I sure hope for your sake, they don't investigate what happened at Springfield (or are you trying to forget about that).

Is that why you want ESPN to cover your legal damages?

Has that issue resurfaced or are you just getting lonely out on the island?

If you only knew what I know, you'd realize that this guy has "zero" credibility!!"

You know, when I read about Matt this AM I instantly had a feel for him. A couple of times in my life I've had dealings with very charming people who were pathological liars and borderline sociopaths. Thing is, the really good ones, after they are outed, just move on - often after weaseling their way out of any judgement or punishment, and reinvent themselves somewhere else and start the process all over again.

I really loved his interview, he said I might have something that I might disclose, but I might be scared for my family, but if the monies right screw my family!

You know, I do wonder why he was fired.

Naturally, ESPN and CNNSI have absolutely NOTHING about the NFL or the Patriots statements on this. It's just vile the way they can twist this and ignore whatever doesn't make up thier mudslinging ways.

Naturally, ESPN and CNNSI have absolutely NOTHING about the NFL or the Patriots statements on this. It's just vile the way they can twist this and ignore whatever doesn't make up thier mudslinging ways.

ESPN ran a breaking news story on it about the same time this thread appeared.

That is what they are supposed to say the night before the Super Bowl.

But, if now there is evidence what happened months ago and what the Patriots "said" does not matter.

But, if there is no evidence what happened in the last two days is a travesty and the media eventually letting go and shrugging their shoulders won't give this organization or it's fan base that time back.

So...I guess the only thing left for them to do is start over at 0-0 on Monday and do it again, troll. You know, if the haters keep pissing this outfit off Manning's fear of being one and done in career Superbowls could be well founded.

I am talking about ESPN.com. They have a video clip (not even the top video clip) and that is all. There is nothing about it on the top of the website in the box that says "Spygate: More than meets the eye?". Which is where people looking for this story will go.

Great lets move on and for those that dont want to move on, like Steve Young, Marshall Faulk...Shame on You...

Steve Young is sh!tting in his pants as Tom Brady gets ready to break more records,.....this is all about Jealousy......Marshall Fu(k should shut his overrated pie hole.......go F' yourselves boys......!

Who knew that the Achilles heel of the mighty Rams - the Greatest Show on Turf with some of the greatest players that ever played including Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, Tory Holt, etc. - was information available only at their walk-through?

Belichick's even more of a genius than anyone gives him credit for.

You know, I do wonder why he was fired.

Especially since he was fired on Martin Luther King day in 2003, right in the middle of a Super Bowl run, in the middle of the playoffs....

Especially since he was fired on Martin Luther King day in 2003, right in the middle of a Super Bowl run, in the middle of the playoffs....

Well, yeah, but not ours. January 2003 we didn't make the playoffs. Our 2003 team was making a playoff run in 2004.

Still, being fired is never all that good, no matter when it happens.

"We were aware of the rumor months ago and looked into it. There was no evidence of it on the tapes or in the notes produced by the Patriots, and the Patriots told us it was not true."

This means nothing, the NFL is just covering its own a** with this statement. If something does come out, the league can say "the Patriots lied to us!" and Goodell can point to his first Spygate statement where he said more sanctions would be on the way if the Pats didn't tell him everything.

So the hope is that the Patriots are 100% confident that there never was a a tape to begin with, or that it has long since been run over by Ernie Adams' car.

u know wut, we should go 19-0 next yr....just to piss everyone off a little tad more....

cuz people are getting pathetic, and man ohh man is the NFL not becoming enjoyous anymore....

lucky the pats are just that good...

I am talking about ESPN.com. They have a video clip (not even the top video clip) and that is all. There is nothing about it on the top of the website in the box that says "Spygate: More than meets the eye?". Which is where people looking for this story will go.

Some people use more than one source of electronic media for their entertainment and news sources, btw! ;)

Anyways, espn must have updated espn.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3227245

Report: Source claims Patriots taped Rams before Super Bowl
ESPN.com news services

Updated: February 2, 2008, 7:03 PM ET

This story includes the Pats response as well as the NFL's response.

Hardly a "balanced" headline, of course. ESPN, like all media outlets, is looking for drama to get ratings/money.

Soon they will start saying that its the Patriots fault for global warming. It'll get childish as more allegations surface.

Gotta love Drew Bledsoe, telling it like it is! Go get em Drew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes