PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL sideline reporters protocol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady just performed a miracle with his team. It was a special moment for him that he wanted to share with his team mates. She shoulda left the guy alone after the started runnin.

He also looked very focused on what just happened, sometimes folks should just wait.. what she asked was not all that significant anyways..

No offense shocker, but even though I say I will never again be amazed by fans acting like babies, I still get amazed.

Are you crying that a 100 pound sideline reporter 'bothered' Tom Brady? Good grief Sally, get a grip on reality.

I thought it was funny as hell, especially when she chased him down the field.

Just wondering why she didn't ask for permission....

I had the feeling all night Brady was uneasy about something. for all we know he may have been uneasy about a lunatic possibly in the stadium.

He should have stuck his tongue down her throat lol

For the record, yes, Brady does have a reputation as being classless amongst fans of other teams. Just ask Charger fans who will then point you to his comments about Marty Schottenheimer after the '05 game. :rolleyes: And, also for the record, I'm not saying that I agree with it.

In terms of proper protocol for a post-game interview, it usually goes like this.

1) NFL teams are made aware that the network doing the game (ESPN, FOX, CBS etc) will be looking for a post-game interview IF they utilize a sideline reporter. (CBS does not anymore during the regular season).

2) The interview will be live if there's time allotted in their broadcast window or taped.

3) The network (producer and reporter) will inform the team's media relations director they will be looking for an interview.

4) Sometimes, the team's media relations contact will say, "just grab the player of the game." Other times, they media relations person will say "find me or so...so (another media relations contact) and we'll coordinate and help you get the person."

note: I did see highlights of brady walking with Stacey James after the game but i was at the game and did not see what happened and since it sounds like it was a cluster bleep...i'm not surprised i haven't seen it again!

5) The reporter always has someone in their ear from the truck asking them..."Did you get him yet? Where is he? Do you have him?"

This becomes very rushed at times and that's where confussion sets in as well. Players also are talking to other players either on their own team or the opposition...and yes...the last thing they want to do is an interview right away but again, networks are sometimes pressed for time and they are "forced" to grab someone right away.

Like I said, I haven't seen the interview but someone asked for protocol and that's 99 percent of the time what it is. Hope that helps.

This sucks! We're never gonna shake this damn spygate ****.

as far as i know, because of the bucks the networks pay for broadcasting rights, they can get interviews on the sidelines after the game as they desire. makes sense to me.

In terms of proper protocol for a post-game interview, it usually goes like this.

1) NFL teams are made aware that the network doing the game (ESPN, FOX, CBS etc) will be looking for a post-game interview IF they utilize a sideline reporter. (CBS does not anymore during the regular season).

2) The interview will be live if there's time allotted in their broadcast window or taped.

3) The network (producer and reporter) will inform the team's media relations director they will be looking for an interview.

4) Sometimes, the team's media relations contact will say, "just grab the player of the game." Other times, they media relations person will say "find me or so...so (another media relations contact) and we'll coordinate and help you get the person."

note: I did see highlights of brady walking with Stacey James after the game but i was at the game and did not see what happened and since it sounds like it was a cluster bleep...i'm not surprised i haven't seen it again!

5) The reporter always has someone in their ear from the truck asking them..."Did you get him yet? Where is he? Do you have him?"

This becomes very rushed at times and that's where confussion sets in as well. Players also are talking to other players either on their own team or the opposition...and yes...the last thing they want to do is an interview right away but again, networks are sometimes pressed for time and they are "forced" to grab someone right away.

Like I said, I haven't seen the interview but someone asked for protocol and that's 99 percent of the time what it is. Hope that helps.

assuming, then, that no NFL team will refuse a request to interview the player of the game by a network that is part of a multi billion dollar media buy, she was doing her job.

Awesome. This is the type of answer I was looking for. How'd you get your info? I can't find anything on it anywhere....

This sucks! We're never gonna shake this damn spygate ****.

Embrace the Hate, oh relatively new poster. Embrace the Hate! It will unleash the Power of the Force within you and make you a true Patriots Knight in the battle against the evil Empire of ESPN and most of the rest of football fandom.

assuming, then, that no NFL team will refuse a request to interview the player of the game by a network that is part of a multi billion dollar media buy, she was doing her job.

Correct. I just a you tube clip up on boston.com.

My guess was that the truck told Suzy to grab brady, we've got about 30-seconds before we go to oakland. She was near him and they went to her too soon which is why it looked like it was a mess.

Most of the interviews done you have the reporter, looking into the camera with the player waiting by his/her side. Looks nice and neat. Sometimes though, stuff gets rushed and that's what you get last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back