PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL R.O.W. nominees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkedout

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why Addai is a nominee this week for gaining 2.4 ypc against us? He has no chance of winning it but I just don't understand the nominee. The other rookie RB in that game had a 4.8 ypc avg?

His coach gave him more carries and they won the game. I am one of those fans who believes the Pats should have given Maroney the ball more often in the second half instead of relying on our receivers who were, let's face it, pretty mediocre. Winning matters, which is how Givens got all that money.

Last edited:
Mack Herron said:
His coach gave him more carries and they won the game. I am one of those fans who believes the Pats should have given Maroney the ball more often in the second half instead of relying on our receivers who were, let's face it, pretty mediocre. Winning matters, which is how Givens got all that money.

Which has nothing to do with the question asked.

I believe the answer is because he hasn't won one yet. It was a foolish premise for nomination, as his 2% of the vote would appear to indicate. Perhaps Polian is on the nominating committee and just wanted to see the guy he drafted nominated in a week in which he matched up against the guy he wanted to draft. :D

MoLewisrocks said:
Which has nothing to do with the question asked.

I believe the answer is because he hasn't won one yet. It was a foolish premise for nomination, as his 2% of the vote would appear to indicate. Perhaps Polian is on the nominating committee and just wanted to see the guy he drafted nominated in a week in which he matched up against the guy he wanted to draft. :D

Thanks for the reply MoLewisrocks.

In one of the recaps of our games on NFL.com they called Addai a "legitimate rookie of the year contender". I REALLY hope that was just in-the-moment style hyperbole, cause the guy was getting stuffed every time they gave him the ball against us.

On the other hand, ESPN Countdown had a debate about the rookie of the year so far last week, and of the four nominees Addai wasn't even on the list. For what it's worth, one of the two guys arguing took Maroney.

checkedout said:
Can someone tell me why Addai is a nominee this week for gaining 2.4 ypc against us? He has no chance of winning it but I just don't understand the nominee. The other rookie RB in that game had a 4.8 ypc avg?

I was a little surprised to see him on that list too. I think it's because it was the "game of the week" and Addai had a score and was on the winning team. Maroney didn't do enough against the worst rushing defense in the league to get on there I'm guessing.

I have heard them giving Maroney his due from time to time. I guess the media hype of Bush in the first 1/4 of the season got me watching his back! I mean, they kept reporting his "all purpose" yards per game and hype, hype hype, then I look it up, after game 4, and Maroney was having WAY more "All-purpose" yards too!!

Thanks for letting me vent! :D

workhorse said:
I was a little surprised to see him on that list too. I think it's because it was the "game of the week" and Addai had a score and was on the winning team. Maroney didn't do enough against the worst rushing defense in the league to get on there I'm guessing.

You are right Horse, Maroney didn't do enough to be on the list. But my point is that he gained twice as many ypc as Addai, what defence you are up against shouldn't matter and hasn't in the past. Just wondering who picks the nominees.

checkedout said:
You are right Horse, Maroney didn't do enough to be on the list. But my point is that he gained twice as many ypc as Addai, what defence you are up against shouldn't matter and hasn't in the past. Just wondering who picks the nominees.

I think it comes down to the fact that Addai scored a TD and was on a winning team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes