PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Publishes NEW Personal Conduct Policy

seems overly complicated.

That is to say it should be like this

step 1.) you are being investigated for a crime?

Step2.) You are suspended without pay, either you did it, or you put yourself into a position to be accused of doing it, in either case you made a poor judgement choice

step 3a.) You are found Guilty: your suspension is extended by X amount of time based on number of strikes

Step 3b.) You are found innocent: Congrats welcome back, maybe you should sue that person that just slandered you, also maybe hang with a better crowd and stop making it rain at 3am in seedy stripclubs.

step 4.) rinse and repeat

seems overly complicated.

That is to say it should be like this

step 1.) you are being investigated for a crime?

Step2.) You are suspended without pay, either you did it, or you put yourself into a position to be accused of doing it, in either case you made a poor judgement choice

step 3a.) You are found Guilty: your suspension is extended by X amount of time based on number of strikes

Step 3b.) You are found innocent: Congrats welcome back, maybe you should sue that person that just slandered you, also maybe hang with a better crowd and stop making it rain at 3am in seedy stripclubs.

step 4.) rinse and repeat
Step 2 is pretty absurd.

The NFL issued a new personal conduct policy on Wednesday. The NFL Players Association responded with the issuance of a statement.

“Our union has not been offered the professional courtesy of seeing the NFL’s new personal conduct policy before it hit the presses,” the NFLPA said. “Their unilateral decision and conduct today is the only thing that has been consistent over the past few months.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ateral-imposition-of-personal-conduct-policy/

But you have fewer two-a-day practices now!

Unless I'm reading this wrong, I wonder if Aaron Hernandez can claim some back pay now.

I don't see how.

I also think the death penalty takes to long so maybe I'm biased.
Chasa murdered my dog.

Now you have either murdered my dog, or put yourself in a position to be accused. Would it be appropriate for your boss to fire you, or suspend you without pay?

I'm sure there has to be some reasonable proof of conduct violation. Thats why that 49ers player (name escapes me) never had anything done to him after he was accused of Domestic Violence. Rice, Peterson and Hardy all had reasonable proof of violations which is why they are in the mess they are in now.

Chasa murdered my dog.

Now you have either murdered my dog, or put yourself in a position to be accused. Would it be appropriate for your boss to fire you, or suspend you without pay?

"Seriousness of the charges" = yet another incredibly stupid NFL decision

Chasa murdered my dog.

they could suspend me without pay, but then when i prove that I infact did not kill your dog, You are going to enjoy your time in bankruptcy as I sue you for damages(Lost wages, past and present) as a result of your Lies, on top of whatever criminal charges you recieve due to lying to the police, and possibly in court as well.

It gets worse:

Under the new personal conduct policy, the player has no right to remain silent. “Because the Fifth Amendment’s protection against self-incrimination does not apply in a workplace investigation, the league will reserve the right to compel an employee to cooperate in its investigations even when the employee is the target of a pending law enforcement investigation or proceeding,” the new policy states.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...olicy-disregards-fifth-amendment-protections/

Yeah, the CBA was a great victory for the players, and the NFL should definitely be in charge of handling criminal conduct.

michael-jordan-laughing-gif-i16.gif

I am sorry, I don't want to even discuss this crap. Goodell is deploring a CYA strategy.

There has to be criminal conduct involved in the way this league headed by Goodell is making these "decisions". I first cried out like a lone voice in the wilderness back in 2007 that this utter scumbag is an organized crime figure. RICO is RICO...you don't need a bunch of goombahs sporting fedoras and wearing $5000 alligator shoes to recognize the FACT that this complete jerk of a human being is also engaged in illegal, criminal activity.

When...when are the feds going to do a complete investigation of this cretin and his "business" decisions the last 8 years??

If you put the choice to NFL players today that they can have either fewer two-a-day practices or remove the personal conduct policy, I would imagine that the majority would take fewer two-a-day practices. To the typical NFL player, who will never be subject to the personal conduct policy, I think practices is a bigger issue.

Not saying I agree with the policy, just pointing out that I think players are pretty happy with the lesser practices.

they could suspend me without pay, but then when i prove that I infact did not kill your dog, You are going to enjoy your time in bankruptcy as I sue you for damages(Lost wages, past and present) as a result of your Lies, on top of whatever criminal charges you recieve due to lying to the police, and possibly in court as well.

The point is that people are accused of things they didn't do all the time. Saying they should be suspended immediately upon accusation is absurd.

The reverse is also true, people are often found not guilty for things they did. Should Big Ben have been allowed to waltz back into the league since he never went to trial?

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back