PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[NFL Propaganda] NFL would like you to think they are wearing Brady down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he ? I see no upside for a multi millionaire who's cemented his place in NFL history and who's married to a multi millionaire to NEED those extra games/extra cheques...

These reports can go to Hell, where Robert Kraft resides.

More propaganda being spread from that NY office to combat the recent pro Brady, Goodell is a coward/idiot articles that have been put out there recently.

These aren't the droids your looking for. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Why would he ? I see no upside for a multi millionaire who's cemented his place in NFL history and who's married to a multi millionaire to NEED those extra games/extra cheques...

These reports can go to Hell, where Robert Kraft resides.

Especially given the fact that the NFL has a terrible record in federal court and an injunction would be granted immediately that would allow Brady to play.

I've had friends who kept pestering the hot chick across the hall for a date and would always say they're "wearing her down". Didn't work out so well for me - ahem, I mean them in the end.

According to Jason Cole of Bleacher Report, the NFL is of the HOPE it will “wear [Brady] down and get him to accept a deal that will include him missing games as a result of the Deflategate investigation.”

Fixed it for you.. Why would he take a punishment with games missed when he already (unless he gets an injunction) will miss games. So this is how they explain the unreasonable delay in a decision? It's a tactical move to wear him down?????
They really are clueless. I think they are used to going against guys who really need those paychecks and are willing to compromise and sacrifice a few games for the remainder of the paychecks. They haven't faced an opponent who is likely one of the top, if not the top player in total assets and the wear-withal (?sp) to stand up to the league...The longer the delay goes on, the worse Goodell and the league look and the more time for more writers like Lupica etc to get on the Support Brady bandwagon ......

I have said all along that unlike Kraft with the lost draft picks, I think I will support Brady with whatever decision he decides since this is about him more than the team. That said, I will be very disappointed in him if he lets Goodell and the NFL wear him down and cave on a suspension. I don't want Goodell winning in any way.

If this does not add to the Goodell is not an impartial arbitrator perspective, I do not know what does. Delaying a ruling in hopes of forcing the player to accept a penalty the player doesn't believe is fair shows the unfairness of the process and also goes against the CBA which requires Goodell to render a decision as soon as practicable not whenever is most beneficial to him.

The NFL is in their last efforts over this arm wrestling, while Brady is smiling and didn't even sweat.

That's their tactic postponing the decision, trying to make him give up tired, wear down, them they start to release this kind of leak trying to create a story.

It's pathetic.

Its disgusting that the NFL is treating its best player like this.
He did nothing and they want to pin a punishment on him for some strange reason, and have decided that the right thing to do is 'wear him down' so he won't stand up for himself.
Embarassing.

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 21m21 minutes ago
Matt Chatham retweeted WEEI

NFL believes a lot of things. They're usually wrong. Statement dropped to manufacture pressure on TB, nothing else.

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 17m17 minutes ago
In the 'ol handbook on how the NFL tries to force outcomes in disputes w/ players we're on pg 17 now: 11th Hour Pressure thru Media Partners

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 8m8 minutes ago
Kessler has dominated the NFL in court recently & now he's got another strong(er) case. Idea that out-of-the-blue he capitulates is fantasy

Matt Chatham ‏@chatham58 2m2 minutes ago
The NFL official that believes the league is in deep doo-doo...yeah, he's not allowed to leak stuff right now.

Goodell on the kayak and Kessler is the shark.
shark-kayak.jpg

Fixed it for you.. Why would he take a punishment with games missed when he already (unless he gets an injunction) will miss games. So this is how they explain the unreasonable delay in a decision? It's a tactical move to wear him down?????
They really are clueless. I think they are used to going against guys who really need those paychecks and are willing to compromise and sacrifice a few games for the remainder of the paychecks. They haven't faced an opponent who is likely one of the top, if not the top player in total assets and the wear-withal (?sp) to stand up to the league...The longer the delay goes on, the worse Goodell and the league look and the more time for more writers like Lupica etc to get on the Support Brady bandwagon ......
I don't think the argument is necessarily that he doesn't want to miss the paychecks. Pretty sure they're well aware that he doesn't need them. I think the argument (which has been put forth in many places) is that his competitive nature is such that when TC starts, he wants to be able to focus on football and not have this hanging out there. I think they're likely wrong in that thinking, but I think that's what the thinking IS.

Stalling tactic, wouldn't surprise me if goodell finally make a decision in late August.

Its disgusting that the NFL is treating its best player like this.
He did nothing and they want to pin a punishment on him for some strange reason, and have decided that the right thing to do is 'wear him down' so he won't stand up for himself.
Embarassing.

That strange reason would be herr goodell and his lackeys saw this as a way to make the public's opinion about him change and make him look tough after the absolute beating he took with the domestic abuse stuff.
Go after Tom Brady.

Ray Rice punched his wife

Adrian Peterson beat his kid

Greg Hardy beat a woman, threatened to kill her and threw her on a pile of guns.

Brady may or may have not known that a ball attendant may or may not have taken air out of some footballs which has been dis-proven by science dozens of times since.

Yet Brady is the one that has been treated by the public and mediots like he did a heinous crime.

Love the idiots that crow about "integrity of the game". Really? NFL's golden boy Aaron Rodgers went on record saying he tries to play with illegally over inflated footballs.

"Ya but what he does is gamesmanship and the refs catch it"

Do people honestly believe he would continue to do it if the refs caught it every time?

I have said all along that unlike Kraft with the lost draft picks, I think I will support Brady with whatever decision he decides since this is about him more than the team. That said, I will be very disappointed in him if he lets Goodell and the NFL wear him down and cave on a suspension. I don't want Goodell winning in any way.

I for one would not if Brady goes the coward Kraft route! Why would he spend all that $$$$ on lawyers who are the best in the business if he's just going to surrender in then end? I know both him and his wife have $$$$ to burn but come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back