PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Promoting Uncivilty and mixed messages..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady talked the talk. In the end, the Seahawks walked the walk. I don't really see the problem here.

What talk are you referring to?

trash talk.......brady does it.......many great pats have done it over the years

what is so damned amazing is how many fans here are so offended even though nobody directed anything at them

people need de-sensitivity training

Brady talked the talk. In the end, the Seahawks walked the walk. I don't really see the problem here.

That is not the point. He won and can say whatever he wants.

The point is that the NFL should be promoting civility and sportsmanship on their network, so the kids and those with kids brains, can get a positive image of the sport.
That was the point before political forum grudges hijacked the thread.

That is not the point. He won and can say whatever he wants.

The point is that the NFL should be promoting civility and sportsmanship on their network, so the kids and those with kids brains, can get a positive image of the sport.
That was the point before political forum grudges hijacked the thread.
NFL.com is competing with ESPN and all the other lower-common-denominator sports websites. They're going to do what sells, just like the rest of them.

Last edited:
trash talk.......brady does it.......many great pats have done it over the years

what is so damned amazing is how many fans here are so offended even though nobody directed anything at them

I can think of one Patriot who takes the talking off of the field: Brandon Spikes, who is our village idiot. The Seakchickens may be a classy organization with Sherman being their resident idiot. That doesn't remove the classlessness from this situation.

For the Patriots, the talking typically stays on the field where it belongs. I hope Brady sends Sherman an invite to his HOF induction party.

For two days now the NFL on its web site has featured Sherman of the Seahawks berating Brady as he walks off of the field. Seems somewhat duplicitous of their so called standards of the "brand" by doing this is promoting poor sportsmanship and uncivil behavior....

There have been a few highlights since then, or perhaps it is as simple as the vitriol for the patriots by the NFL is greater than their need for civility..

0ap1000000080747.jpg
For two days now the NFL on its web site has

i actually agree with you on this

if the nfl is going to fine and flag unsportsmanlike conduct, they need to not publicize it like profootballtalk does

i'm thinking it's a webmaster who wants to drive up site hits via sensationalism ala profootballtalk's business model

the point here isn't about the trash talking

we all agree it goes on and if you talk the talk, you walk the walk or take what comes when you eat your crow

the point here is nfl.com should be more professional and not promoting this IMO

they're not espn or profootballtalk

they shouldn't sensationalize crap...

now this story on the nfl site is much better

an actual explanation that shows the seahawks actually started the smack talk

Early Tuesday morning, Sherman explained the whole kerfuffle on "NFL AM."

"We didn't have any conversation before the game; it was during the game that the conversation actually happened," Sherman said on NFL Network. "During the game, I think it was 23-10 at the point, and it was a TV timeout and we were all standing over there, and you know a small, little conversation was had."

Sherman said that his teammate Earl Thomas told Brady, "I could have got you on two of those, I dropped two and I could have got you two."

At that point, Sherman says Brady "Looked up at the scoreboard and looks back at us like, 'Man talk to me after the game, talk to me after we close this game out.'

"It was one of those things that Newton's third law of motion applies. It's one of those things where every action has an equal or greater reaction and that is kinda what this deal came down to"

There's so many things to applaud Sherman here for. First of all, he got up to appear on-air at 5 a.m. PT and sounded coherent. Second, he broke out Newton's third law of motion. Sherman even gave Brady his due.

"I have great deal of respect for everything Tom Brady has done in his career, his Super Bowls, MVPs, he's a tremendous player, he's done a lot of great things," Sherman said.

Last edited:
Seems to me the OP was just stating that promoting poor sportsmanship isnt really a good idea, especially with younger people idolizing these players. Kinda go's against their bogus image they claim to create. IMO. Plus that @hole(Sherman) pisses me off :p

Right, I don't have a problem with Sherman confronting Brady if Brady really said 'see me after he game'. EDIT: Brady's comment was more innocuous than it was first made to seem. Pretty much just saying that all that crap doesn't matter, just the score at the end. I'm not surprised Sherman misinterpreted it, though.

I do have a problem with it on the front page of NFL.com. Low class move.

Last edited:
now this story on the nfl site is much better

an actual explanation that shows the seahawks actually started the smack talk

Oh man, I love his explanation of Newton's 3rd law. I'm surprised he even kinda of knows what it is.

Two players trashed talked on the field and one a bit off it.

Neither was really derogatory.

Both in the end complimented the other.

Really, who cares...

The more you link and discuss it the longer it lasts.

I can think of one Patriot who takes the talking off of the field: Brandon Spikes, who is our village idiot. The Seakchickens may be a classy organization with Sherman being their resident idiot. That doesn't remove the classlessness from this situation.

For the Patriots, the talking typically stays on the field where it belongs. I hope Brady sends Sherman an invite to his HOF induction party.

he might be YOUR village idiot

they're football players.......you're not

Oh man, I love his explanation of Newton's 3rd law. I'm surprised he even kinda of knows what it is.

'Cept, yaaa, he got it wrong.

Sherman's Worldview:
"It was one of those things that Newton's third law of motion applies. It's one of those things where every action has an equal or greater reaction and that is kinda what this deal came down to"

Newton's Worldview:
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

For one, I'm glad I don't live in Sherman's World. ;)

The simple result of this post game tweet and pic by Sherman means all across the country, little 9-12 year old kids on football, soccer, or any any fields will make it a point to get in their opponents face after a win and....."You mad bro?" them.

The simple result of this post game tweet and pic by Sherman means all across the country, little 9-12 year old kids on football, soccer, or any any fields will make it a point to get in their opponents face after a win and....."You mad bro?" them.

probably better than 90% of the previous options

It's a fact that Brady never said what Sherman claimed he did, but some twits fell for it.

It's a fact that Brady never said what Sherman claimed he did, but some twits fell for it.

so what? either way, what difference does it make?

people whining because of some chest pounding trash talk after a game?

guess it was OK when rodney harrison or ty law or tedy bruschi or lawyer milloy did it, right?

but only now that wittle tom bwady is at the recieving end, all his dingleberries are getting offended.

the publicity is good, too........everyone needs to be talked up

so what? either way, what difference does it make?

people whining because of some chest pounding trash talk after a game?

guess it was OK when rodney harrison or ty law or tedy bruschi or lawyer milloy did it, right?

but only now that wittle tom bwady is at the recieving end, all his dingleberries are getting offended.

the publicity is good, too........everyone needs to be talked up

wittle tom bwady may very well be why your therapist might say as a Jets fan, you've spent two years here posing as a Pats fan and the sessions are not working.

Man, this is like an endless circle. Where are the links to TB selling $ch!t after the the game in the public realm. There is no disputing they all talk trash on the field, even TB himself admits that. Aren't we talking about in the media and the chat medium? I'm not offended. I think he's a jack hole, but I'm not offended. Rex does't offend me either, but....Uh.. nevermind, bad example :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back