PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL poster boy living it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifax_Pats_Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Sup gang, have not been on in a while but the recent Patriot activity is getting me stoked for '07. In the meantime...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17613693/

...that cigar is probably a little less round than he is used to...:D. Live it up now boy cause we are coming...

It still pains me that we let his legacy of being a chocker off the hook but it is what it is. We now need to make sure he's one of many one and done SB champions.

Like I tell all Colts fans... Manning now goes down in history with the rest of the great SB quarterbacks like.. Ben Rothlisberger. Also fun to remind them that in his entire career, he's only got one win further than Rex Grossman.

Also the reason you didn't see Brady do this in '01 was because he knew he would win more.

Last edited:
I believe Manning's reputation as a choker will be renewed in the next few years. If he doesn't win another SB yet plays 6-7 more seasons and makes the playoffs consistently, he could have 1 title out of 11-12 playoff appearances. I strongly feel that he won't get another ring because there isn't any urgency to get one now...that and Dungy will probably retire after next season.

I just hope the 'choker' label doesn't get put on Brady if we exit the playoffs in embarrassing fashion for a 3rd consecutive year. I don't want us to become the Yankees of football - mystique, success, yet no ring. 2 seasons is enough of this BS.

I can't stand the guy because he just comes off the wrong way all the time when I see him, but he was bound to win one sooner or later and I'm not real worried about it.

It's not about winning one here and there, it's about can you win a bunch of them, and I like our chances of continued success much more than the colts.

You have to give them their due, they have been really really good the past few years and deserved to win one sooner or later. Would it have been fun if he kept choking and the pressure kept building? sure! but give him credit, he got it done, and he really is a tremendous talent. If he was more gracious, none of us would begrusge him his due, it's just his personality that gets us.

With any great run of success, by any great NFL team through history, they didn't win it all every single year, they just won a bunch in a short period of time, and here and there their toughest competition would pull one out. It's beent that way with the Packers of the 30's, the Bear's of the 40's, the Packers of the 60's, the Steeleres of the 70's and the 49ers of the 80's, and it's that way now with the Patriots of the 01's !! Yeah the Steelers got one here, the Colts got one there, and I expect maybe the Chargers, Broncos, or Seahawks may get one here or there too, but as long as there's also a steady diet of Patriots one's all around them, it will continue to be an incredible run of success for this franchise, and may even become historic!

time to put the colts down again thats all there is to it .we've gotta reclaim our crown!!!!!!!:singing: :singing:

Man you guys sure are obsessed with the Colts. :D

hey Manning is a very good QB, no doubt about it. for some reason he had a complete team around him this year. damn, where did their D come from? he would never have beaten KC or Balt without them.

PS he doesnt know Jack about cigarss. that one is not even lit.
PPS he doesnt know much about doing models either

Looks to me like he's enjoying sucking on that cigar a little too much :eek: :D

Whatever I'll give Manning and the Colts their due. Manning's too talented not to get at least one and they did earn that ring last year. The Pats have noone to blame but themselves since they are the ones that couldn't close the lid in the second half. For the record I believe we also would have easily beaten the Bears.

But this is far from "over" for the Pats dynasty. We loaded up big time this year and I'll be surprised that we aren't early favorites to win the superbowl in 2007. Oh yeah wait I forgot that the media hates us and Peyton is their darling. Oh well I like playing the underdog role better anyways. Let's get ring #4!! :rocker:

Last edited:
I believe Manning's reputation as a choker will be renewed in the next few years. If he doesn't win another SB yet plays 6-7 more seasons and makes the playoffs consistently, he could have 1 title out of 11-12 playoff appearances. I strongly feel that he won't get another ring because there isn't any urgency to get one now...that and Dungy will probably retire after next season.

I just hope the 'choker' label doesn't get put on Brady if we exit the playoffs in embarrassing fashion for a 3rd consecutive year. I don't want us to become the Yankees of football - mystique, success, yet no ring. 2 seasons is enough of this BS.

Jesus what an awful post.

I can only imagine your embarrassment were we not even make the playoffs one year (gasp)

Like I tell all Colts fans... Manning now goes down in history with the rest of the great SB quarterbacks like.. Ben Rothlisberger. Also fun to remind them that in his entire career, he's only got one win further than Rex Grossman.

One Super Bowl means nothing in the history of the NFL.

Take it for what it is. I believe Manning is one of the top ten QBs(#10 of course) of all time and I've never been able to stand him. The fact is that having the rivalry between the Pats and Colts only adds to this being one of the golden ages of the NFL. Similar to the Steelers and Cowboys. It only makes it better because the day that #12(#3 on my top ten, but continually advancing) is being enshrined in Canton, Ohio he can thank Peyton Manning along with his 5 or 6 SB champinships for helping him get there!!

Man you guys sure are obsessed with the Colts. :D

I apologize for all the whiners in this thread. Peyton is enjoying his much deserved victory lap and that is as it should be.

Hosting Saturday Night Live is a bad idea, though. He'll never top Brady.

Isn't Hee Haw on anymore?

2006 Postseason...

12 Quarterbacks...

None threw more INTs than Peyton.

None threw more TDs than Tom.

None had better leading receivers than Peyton.

None had worse than Tom (you could argue Garcia).

Yeah, that Brady with his 12-2 record is on the verge of becoming a perpetual loser.

And what would the Colts ever do without that Peyton???:rolleyes:

2006 Postseason...

12 Quarterbacks...

None threw more INTs than Peyton.

None threw more TDs than Tom.

None had better leading receivers than Peyton.

None had worse than Tom (you could argue Garcia).

Yeah, that Brady with his 12-2 record is on the verge of becoming a perpetual loser.

And what would the Colts ever do without that Peyton???:rolleyes:

While Manning lives it up, I was more impressed when someone told me that Brady is spending alot of time this offseason doing workouts in GB!

.......but then I found out that didn't stand for Green Bay after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back