Palm Beach Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Ravens-Texans game thread

Undecided on this one. I would prefer to not face the Ravens D, but Houston's is likely better if they can win in Baltimore.

Hopefully they beat each other up.

Re: Ravens-Texans game thread

I'd rather face the Ravens. Houston has a lot of young, athletic talent on defense, and IMO the Patriots' brain trust is at its best game-planning against known quantities, especially at QB.

But the way these playoffs have gone, it's hard to bet against the home team.

Would like to see us get a chance for payback against the beatdown the Ravens gave us a couple seasons ago.

Once again, dome team in the outdoors in January, I want the dome team.

Once again, dome team in the outdoors in January, I want the dome team.

Fair that, but early forecasts show no signs of actual winter approaching.

I don't know if the Patriots have an answer for Foster and Johnson, so I am rooting for the Ravens, although it kills me.

I'm rooting for quadruple OT.

It will be a little hard to get a read on how either of these teams will play us, since each team today figures to stack against the run and play ball-control.

Give me the Texans - the Ravens are a battle tested team who know the playoffs. The Ravens will be out for blood against the Pats and match their intensity. I also like the Pats chances against a team that has a rookie QB and will have to win running the ball - one dimensional teams are easy to strategize for/play into BB. The Texans are also a Dome team that would have to come up to NE in what could be frigid and/or bad conditions. This is a no brainer.

If the Texans beat Baltimore on the road, they'll have essentially won their SB.

In the least, let's hope these teams beat each other up and it's a close one.

No matter who wins, we'll all be celebrating after the game...this is the last time we will have to here that senile bastard Dan Deirdorf until September!! Whom did Greg Gumbal piss off, going from Simms to him?

Quite the start for Houston.

running sideways... uggghh.

Dont want to ssee the texans. Our D will striuggle with their zone running game and nothing to lose game play and their lbs will be able to disrupt our passing lanes.

NFL Playoffs: Texans at Ravens
By: John Morgan

In a game all Pats fans will surely be watching, the Houston Texans take on the Baltimore Ravens in the early playoff game on Sunday; the winner will travel to Foxboro to play the Patriots a week from today....

To come out aggressive, throw the ball on the first two plays successfully and then not be able to convert on a 3rd and 1 with the top running game in the NFL - dissappointment. That was a momentum changer right there. The Texans are going to need to eat clock/score TD's. That was a major missed opportunity.

d%#*!@t they needed a TD there. EFF.

I decided to root for Baltimore, and I'm trying, really I am. But it's just not happening.

Undecided on this one. I would prefer to not face the Ravens D, but Houston's is likely better if they can win in Baltimore.

Hopefully they beat each other up.

Heh - -the age-old conundrum: The team you want to win because they'd be easier suddenly looks better when they win.

I thought that would have been a good place to play action - show that Ravens team that they are there to get aggressive and be unpredictable. Set the tone. To get stuffed on a vanilla running play outside with Foster was just too predictable.

I prefer the Ravens..Texans are younger and more talented, IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes