PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Playoffs: Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough point my friend. I still think he would have been better than who was out than last year (James Sanders too). Meriweather did get a lot of hate with his whole involved in that shooting or w/e it was last year but, some of the same people applauded Dennard for punching a cop. If Meri had gotten his head on straight, could have(still could) been a really good player.

no, Meriweather use to give up big plays whenever he missed a hit. That type of play style would only get penalties in this nfl.

Seattle just got ATL to committ a false start pushing it from an easy 3rd and 2 to 3rd and 7. Great adjustments by Carroll and company once again!

I hear you. I think that's what was frustrating about Meri. He just didn't have his head on straight. Then after getting voted into the Pro Bowl as a reserve, he started thinking he was Polamalu or something.

Good point on the pro bowl there. Didn't do him any favors. Meriweather did have a habit of coming up with some clutch plays. McCourty and Gregory aren't a bad combo right now. Gregory has been a different player since coming back from injury.

no, Meriweather use to give up big plays whenever he missed a hit. That type of play style would only get penalties in this nfl.

meri didnt have the skills required to be successful in teh NFL from a physical standpoint, nvm mentally

he couldn't handle the speed

Good point on the pro bowl there. Didn't do him any favors. Meriweather did have a habit of coming up with some clutch plays. McCourty and Gregory aren't a bad combo right now. Gregory has been a different player since coming back from injury.

good or bad way?

if we face ATL, our TEs are gonna have career days

I'm surprised at how much success the Falcons are having against Seattle's corners thus far.

49ers will overwhelm either of these teams next week.

Well, that was ******ed.

That's pretty impressive.

Huge 4th down stop for the Falcons

thats so cool to see, the whole D line for ATL stopped unabated to the QB after realizing the screen

wow

Gutsy call that went wrong....

That could be the game changer play right there. May come back to haunt them.

The fullback dive on 4th and 1 seems to work like 10% of the time, much like the goal line fade.

That might have been the worst consecutive playcalling I have ever seen.

Seattle had a legit chance to get back in it there, defense needs a stand now

49ers will overwhelm either of these teams next week.

ATL O is a lot like GB, but ATL can run apparently

defense its a whole diff story, unlike GB and their folly, ATL will be able to contain CC much more than GB

Seattle was said to be a hot and dangerous team. And Atlanta didn't end the regular season so hot. But The Falcons are the ones taking it to Seattle right now. And it's proving hard for even the Seahawks secondary to contain them. Still anyone's game. But can the Hawks overcome a 2 TD deficit? I don't think they are really built to be a comeback team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back