PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Playoffs: Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Divisional Round Breakdown: Packers at 49ers

The San Francisco one has transformed a bunch of underachievers.

So in other words he's getting the most out of his players. Isn't that the traits of a great coach. I wasn't in agreement with how he handled the Smith/Kap situation (although that may prove me wrong someday) but overall he's done a fantastic job looking like 2 straight NFCC appearances for a previous losing team.

Baltimore was not a strong team before he took over. They were wildly inconsistent and in 2007, the year prior to him taking over, they were 5-11. Since he took over, they've made the playoffs EACH season, that is damn impressive as much as I don't like him.

Their D was a monster -- but they lacked a QB (and, to a lesser degree, wide receivers). Even though I don't think he's great, Flacco was a huge, huge upgrade.

punt coming...and another SF TD.

Mike the Brit I think you have it backwards. John Harbaugh more or less turned the Ravens around minus Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Jim Harbaugh inherited one of the best rosters in the NFL and then played to his QBs strengths as opposed to his weaknesses. He also greatly simplified the defense.

Niners D flying around the ball. Jennings had to make that play. GB barely getting the ball snapped.

So in other words he's getting the most out of his players. Isn't that the traits of a great coach. I wasn't in agreement with how he handled the Smith/Kap situation (although that may prove me wrong someday) but overall he's done a fantastic job looking like 2 straight NFCC appearances for a previous losing team.

Absolutely my point -- why I rate Jim much higher than John.

After this game get ready for talks about a harbaugh SB.

Absolutely my point -- why I rate Jim much higher than John.

I don't know which one's which lol but if you're saying SF's one > Bal's one I agree

Mike the Brit I think you have it backwards. John Harbaugh more or less turned the Ravens around minus Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Jim Harbaugh inherited one of the best rosters in the NFL and then played to his QBs strengths as opposed to his weaknesses. He also greatly simplified the defense.

Do you think so? Of course, we all knew that Crabtree and Davis etc. were talented, but, Patrick Willis and Gore apart (oh, and Staley) the word that I remember was that SF was full of busts.

Their plays are so tricky that the cameraman is so confused. Fox tv crew have no idea at times where the ball is. I wonder how the greenbay defenders feel lol.

That kind of solidifies my point, you can argue all day over how good the talent was pre and post each coach taking over but one thing constant is they both win with previous losing teams. They deserve credit

Green Bay defense optional

God can't save the Packers now. ;)

What's the record for most yards in a playoff game?

They're gonna get over 600 yards of offense.

Wow.

I thought this was supposed to be a statement game from Rodgers.

Good point by Aikman. Investing high round draft picks on lineman doesn't endear you to the fans, but it sure is a way to sustain excellence once you have decent skill players.

They're gonna get over 600 yards of offense.

Wow.

I thought this was supposed to be a statement game from Rodgers.

probably 7 or 800. Still 7 mins to go.

I agree. I just don't think Green Bay is well-rounded enough to go all the way. Aaron Rodgers is a great player, but they need a more balanced offense and a better defense. San Fran seems like a much more complete team to me, and more physical. The Giants pounded Green Bay, and I think SF will eventually wear them down as well.

I've been saying SF-Seattle in the NFCCG all the way, with Seattle winning, and I'm sticking to it.

As predicted, 49ers a much more complete team, wearing GB down. Much more physical. Over 550 yards offense, over 300 yards rushing. Dominant.

Green Bay has a great QB and passing game and can embarrass lesser teams, but to win it all they're either going to need to get lucky, hope they get on a sustained hot run, or they're going to need to make some major investments on defense and in building a more balanced offense, IMHO. Sort of like the 2010 Patriots.

LMAO this is just humiliating

Dom capers can fire himself..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back