PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Playoffs - Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers - odds, preview and prediction

oh great, bob costas reminding the nation that the ravens own the patriots in the playoffs

They do still have their strengths though. If our O-line doesn't play it's best it can completely ruin the whole offensive game plan. Baltimore's pass rush will be the best we've seen all season.
Wait, I thought that was Detroit...or was it Denver...or maybe it was the Bills....or the Jets?

This ferocious pass rush wasn't able to shut down the Texans with Case Keenum playing QB.

Honestly I think it could go a number of ways.

The Pats play their A game, meaning the OL is once again stout, giving TB time to shred the Baltimore secondary. Revis and Browner suffocate Baltimore's WRs and Wilfork, Branch and Siliga shut down the run. Pats cruise.

Or, the Pats could play their D game where the OL is awful and Suggs is teabagging Brady all evening. McDaniels forgets how to play call while thinking about Matt Ryan/Colin Kaepernick and the offense sputters and dies. Browner commits PI all night and the Ravens move the ball with ease. Ravens win by a bit.

Or anywhere in between. It mainly comes down to the OL I believe. But my point is that the Pats hold the keys. Baltimore isn't gonna come into our house and dictate the game unless WE let them.

Browner needs to remember he's playing Jump Ball Joe and the refs will throw those flags. Hopefully he's ready for that.

You know at least Peyton is not an ***hole, i dislike him because of the media ballwashing, his stat padding and his lack of big moment ability for a supposed great. However as a person and off the field Manning is as decent as it gets.

Suggs on the other hand is the ugliest person inside and out in all of sports. I can't think of someone that disgusts me more than he does. I never wish a season ending injury on anyone but if he gets one i have beaming grin on my face for a good few hours.

Not worried about this game. They have no answer for Gronk/Jules/LaFell. Webb on one of them and no one on Gronk. Give them a healthy dose of LGB right at Suggs to tire him out. Let's blow them out, I'm feeling a Cincy like offensive showing. Can't wait to see who Revis locks up

Wait, I thought that was Detroit...or was it Denver...or maybe it was the Bills....or the Jets?

This ferocious pass rush wasn't able to shut down the Texans with Case Keenum playing QB.
But that's Baltimore even in 2012 they had games where they laid ducks.

A lot like the Giants no?

You know at least Peyton is not an ***hole, i dislike him because of the media ballwashing, his stat padding and his lack of big moment ability for a supposed great. However as a person and off the field Manning is as decent as it gets.

Suggs on the other hand is the ugliest person inside and out in all of sports. I can't think of someone that disgusts me more than he does. I never wish a season ending injury on anyone but if he gets one i have beaming grin on my face for a good few hours.
Tell that to the woman doctor he teabagged.

The Patriots are a better football team than the Ravens this time. That was not the case in the previous playoff matchups.

I expect the Pats to win this game. Hopefully the OL will help make that happen.

What difference does it make when they have a week to come up with strategies on taking out Gronk's ankles or ACL? It would truly be a miracle to come out of this game unscathed.

Florio even looks like a douche on tv...

Is he deliberately trying to look like a young Ronald Reagan?

Note: I liked Ronald Reagan and am not trying to slam anyone, just surprised that I haven't heard anyone mention the resemblance before.

What difference does it make when they have a week to come up with strategies on taking out Gronk's ankles or ACL? It would truly be a miracle to come out of this game unscathed.

Then maybe it's long past time the Pats punch them in the mouth for a change. I'm tired of the "soft" label. Make them feel pain next week and they won't even think of that crap.

#6 seed comes to Foxboro. Couldn't have worked out any better. If NE can't beat the worst seeded team at home being the #1 seed, they don't deserve to go further. Simple as that.

That 2009 blowout loss doesn't mean a whole lot IMO. Not only was it 5 years ago but in any game where your QB vomits all over the field you usually get beat. Anyone actually expect Brady to play like that again?

And Ray Rice ain't walking through that door...

#6 seed comes to Foxboro. Couldn't have worked out any better. If NE can't beat the worst seeded team at home being the #1 seed, they don't deserve to go further. Simple as that.

Yep. It really is that simple.

And we would know they had no shot in the SB anyway.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back