PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL playoffs: Arizona Cardinals at Carolina Panthers - odds, preview and prediction

RelocatedPatFan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
ESPN to air first playoff game - What should we call it?

Heard on the radio that the Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers 4:20 PM EST today is the first time that ESPN will air a playoff football game. While I haven't checked my facts on that, I'll take it at face value.

Given how unlikely that either of these teams would advance to the next round (if they weren't playing each other), what should we name the game?

The "I couldn't care less" bowl seems to be the right message, but lacks that "je ne sais quoi".

Let's have some fun with it and remember it's for posterity (and feel free to let your feelings for ESPN shine through).

go cardinals......

Heard on the radio that the Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers 4:20 PM EST today is the first time that ESPN will air a playoff football game. While I haven't checked my facts on that, I'll take it at face value.

Given how unlikely that either of these teams would advance to the next round (if they weren't playing each other), what should we name the game?

The "I couldn't care less" bowl seems to be the right message, but lacks that "je ne sais quoi".

Let's have some fun with it and remember it's for posterity (and feel free to let your feelings for ESPN shine through).
The "Still better ratings than baseball bowl".

The 'poetically bad first ESPN playoff game' bowl.

The bowl game ain't bad that's on now

NFL playoffs: Arizona Cardinals at Carolina Panthers - odds, preview and prediction

John Morgan

Two teams with vastly differing records that are heading in equally opposite directions meet in the first game of this season's NFL playoffs. The Arizona Cardinals have won four more games than the Carolina Panthers did this year, yet find themselves list

Continue reading...

Panthers are winning this one. Book it

This will be a 6x3 game, I'm not watching this ****

I'm calling it the "2nd bye week bowl" (for the next opponent)

This is the chief Indy playoff game part 2. Az is like kc last year, peaked early then fell apart at the end

Panthers I think. Gutted for Arizona, but if any team gets their QB injured they are in trouble. If any lose their second they are boned!

Its disgusting that a team like Carolina, that finished with a losing record is hosting a playoff game...

The Nobody Else Wanted to Broadcast the Cardinals Getting Completely Destroyed While the Audience
Changes Channels at Halftime Bowl.

will the stadium even sell out? Do Panthers fans actually care?

Hope the Panthers win, just to make Seattle's game not a complete walkover. (I'm picking the Cowboys to win, thus Seattle getting the winner of this game)

At least the Panthers would have a 20% chance against the Seahawks, as opposed to the Cardinals 0% chance. The Panthers have played the Seahawks each of the last 3 years (although all in Carolina) and each game was extremely close.

2012: Seahawks 16 Panthers 12
2013: Seahawks 12 Panthers 7
2014: Seahawks 13 Panthers 9

Not really the first considering ABC & ESPN are the same thing on different channel numbers. But, I'm actually excited for this one. Go Panthers!

I understand that I am a little demented, as I watched the Titans/Jags game a few weeks ago.

But are there really football fans who will not be watching this game? In a month we'll be begging for pre-season games again. :(

Since Gruden is announcing the game I'm going with the "love that guy bowl"

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back