PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL players rank Tom Brady among league’s Most Overrated

They also list Michael Crabtree and Suh as overrated. Dumb list. A poll of an elementary school would gather similar results.

"Sports Illustrated asked 180 NFL players to name the most overrated player in the league. Here are the results"

?[/QUOTFurther research shows that Brady got 2% of the votes as the most overrated player. Thus, of 180 votes cast, Brady received just between 3 and 4 first place votes. Now, there's a commanding statistic.

I see the article is from 10/25/2012 ... He got voted #4 on top 100 ... i guess some of the dummies changed their mind/vote, or maybe just a love/hate thingy :confused:

This thread is stupid because that's the dumbest thing that I've ever heard. That's the same thing as saying guys like Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, or Johnny Unitas were overrated in their primes. Perhaps Walter Payton and Peyton Manning while we are at it. Tom Brady is and still is every bit of elite as he has been the last several years. He keeps his body, in tip top shape, his mind fresh, and football IQ looks like it increases with each season as he gets older. The MASTER of the know huddle and pre-snap reads, his methodical and surgical dissection of defenses is unlike anything the game has ever seen. Kind of like Michael Jordan, this guy simply doesn't age and still plays the game better than any body at his position, and better than anybody has ever played at his position. His accomplishments, and accolades exceed all of his HOF peers, with less weapons and talent around him then any of him have ever had, despite him have great defenses because they all have had great defenses, and he nearly won it all without one. And if everyone so claims that Rodgers is the best, then how come he keeps getting knocked out of the first round of each post season by elite defenses? Particularly SF, who after holding down NE's offense 41 points was taking by storm from the hands of Tom Brady because he is simply that good and has the best refuse to loose spirit in the game, and ever seen in football. But that same SF defense kept Rodgers down during the post season. And for Rodgers, the no defense excuse is invalid, because Brady has took his team to two AFC Championship games and even almost won the SB with a 32 ranked or 31st ranked defense. Even greats like Ray Lewis, and Darrelle Revis took the time to address the NFL on how they think Brady is the best in the game and the best ever, and many of players around the league still feel the same. Just ask everyone who has went up against him whether it be coach or player, and ask them if they think he is overrated. This guy lost Hernandez due to injury last season for a few games and Rob Gronkowski for most of the season and still orchestrated an all time offense.....

To be honest, outside of Brady's inclusion, the rest of that list looks spot on. People have positioned some good players as great players. For the players to identify that, is fine with me. Conversely, there are a lot of great players who don't receive the recognition their play deserves.

Actually what I think is funniest about this list is the fact that Sanchez is the #2 most over-rated QB

Think about that for a second.

Mark "Butt Fumble" Sanchez

The guy who everyone already knows, sucks.

... and he's STILL the SECOND MOST overrated player in the league

That's impressive!

To be honest, outside of Brady's inclusion, the rest of that list looks spot on. People have positioned some good players as great players. For the players to identify that, is fine with me. Conversely, there are a lot of great players who don't receive the recognition their play deserves.

I agree except I might add Troy Palamalu to Brady here.

I think one reason for the Brady doubt is that the Pats always have the top rated offensive line. And his long ball is still questionable. But of course the vote itself is stupid, I agree.

They also list Michael Crabtree and Suh as overrated. Dumb list. A poll of an elementary school would gather similar results.

It's better to be overrated then not rated at all.

I think one reason for the Brady doubt is that the Pats always have the top rated offensive line. And his long ball is still questionable. But of course the vote itself is stupid, I agree.

No, it really isn't.

Code:
[U]
30+ yard averages since 2002:[/U]

Brady  	7.1 of	25.8	310.1 yrd	3.2 TD	2.0 INT

Peyton 	9.1 of	26.6	386.4 yrd	4.5 TD	1.7 INT

BigBen 	7.3 of	20.9	354.7 yrd	3.6 TD	2.1 INT

M Vick 	5.5 of	23.4	268.4 yrd	1.6 TD	1.8 INT

Rivers 	7.7 of	26.1	344.7 yrd	3.1 TD	2.0 INT

Rodgers	8.5 of	22.8	403.0 yrd	3.8 TD	1.8 INT

Flacco 	8.0 of	31.4	358.0 yrd	3.4 TD	1.6 INT

Eli M	7.8 of	27.1	352.4 yrd	3.4 TD	1.9 INT	

Brees	8.1 of	22.5	373.4 yrd	4.0 TD	2.1 INT

All these player lists remind me of when Matt Light explained player pro-bowl voting.
They finish their meeting and want to get on the field when some assistant says, "Wait up guys." Then he hands out ballots and the players are like, "I know him, and I know him, and I hear that guy is good, and can I go now?"

Brady was never the most accurate deep ball thrower but I don't know if that would be a reason for a player to call him overrated.

The spygate question might be though. You know other players (Suggs, Clark, Smith, Harrison come to mind) still talk about it so it's still out there and it's not a stretch to think a few uninformed players probably still believe Brady was a huge beneficiary from the filming.

That is one of the dumbest list I have ever read .

Spot on?

Please explain how Tebow or Mark Sanchez are over rated when 99% of all analyst think they are the worse that have ever played ?

It's about over exposure apparently not playing ability .

Spot on?

Please explain how Tebow or Mark Sanchez are over rated when 99% of all analyst think they are the worse that have ever played ?

It's about over exposure apparently not playing ability .

I'd say yes and then I thought of Captain Over Exposure, Peyton Manning

Ironman, please PM me with Gwyneth Paltrow's phone #. Thanks!

I don't care about poles like this, but I wonder where Peyton is on this list. He was far more overrated last year than Brady. The way ESPN went overboard to argue that he hasn't lost anything on his passes when you could clearly see that his intermediate to deep passes all floated last year and praising him for picking apart really bad teams on his schedule without mentioning how he struggled against good teams last year for the most part.

The list is from last year, guys.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Back