PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Players and Finances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure these guys are the exception BUT going with a FA is not the end-all/be-all either since so many of them washed out in early 2008. In Poz's rookie year, the Dow hit 6500 at one point. See where it is now, you FA would have to be a moron to not achieve an excellent return for you.

I bet the rookies from 2005 who played until 2010 are probably wondering where all their money went.

Lots of bad FAs but the odds are with guys doing better that way than 'investing' in a cousin wanting to open a restaurant, etc.

I think there's a difference between getting paid a lot and being rich.

For many players, they got paid a lot. But they're not necessarily rich. They may own a lot of nice things, but they may not have a ton of money actually saved up.

Some obviously do invest, and hopefully in the right things, as there's no reason to take huge risks with huge sums of money. But they are people after all, and a lot of people aren't investing much, if any, of their income. I'd be surprised if players are better about it than the general population.

I think there's a difference between getting paid a lot and being rich.

For many players, they got paid a lot. But they're not necessarily rich. They may own a lot of nice things, but they may not have a ton of money actually saved up.

Some obviously do invest, and hopefully in the right things, as there's no reason to take huge risks with huge sums of money. But they are people after all, and a lot of people aren't investing much, if any, of their income. I'd be surprised if players are better about it than the general population.

I think you meant people aren't "saving" their income. Not "investing."

I haven't invested my income now for over two years. I've been out of the market since George W. Bush was president.

I think you meant people aren't "saving" their income. Not "investing."

I haven't invested my income now for over two years. I've been out of the market since George W. Bush was president.

Nah, just too stupid last night to type clearly :rofl: But yes, I meant saving. The investing comment was related to how some players picked poor investments like a friend's restaurant idea or similar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye