Tags on ESPN at 10:20 am

Wow, uh..so this is pretty bad....=[

BionicPatriot said:
Wow, uh..so this is pretty bad....=[

"Dire as Dire can be."

Get ready for no football in 2008

Sean Pa Patriot said:

F*ck it. Let's just win two more Super Bowls between now and then. Whatever will be, will be.

Not good news? Or is it?

It seems no CBA by 10 PM tonight could potentially rip apart teams who have banked their future on an extension. Apparently the Pats are not in such a situation but teams that are serious Pats foes, like the Steelers and, especially the Colts, are.

So would it really be bad for the Pats to find the Colts and/or Steelers having to toss aside a few key players sometime tonight?

Obviously, it would be best to get a deal done, but maybe not until after teams like the Colts have to cut some key players.

Sean Pa Patriot said:

Wow..I hope the Celtics get good real soon!

I agree with you though seriously..No CBA agreement = NHL all over IMO.

Just makes me sick, they have a good thing , and they blow it... I cant be sympathetic with either party, but I hope Johnathan Kraft doesnt bet the franchise in a card game, since he say if he were a beating man it would get done. Well guess what its not done...

It really stinks..I feel sad for football..Upshaw better get on a plane and go hide..I think the players will remove him ASAP...if they have any sense...IT is a dark day for football..really sad days...I feel like Upshaw really ruined it for his players...60%??? A bit laughable..I think he needs to answer to the players in his union..not available last night..so??

Bobs My Uncle said:
Not good news? Or is it?

It seems no CBA by 10 PM tonight could potentially rip apart teams who have banked their future on an extension. Apparently the Pats are not in such a situation but teams that are serious Pats foes, like the Steelers and, especially the Colts, are.

I've been reading this board for over a year, but finally decided to register. I'm not here to talk smack, just talk football. The Steelers aren't actually in that bad of shape. The $7M over the cap figure is including Jerome's salary, which is just over $5M. Once that is adjusted as well as releasing turnover Tommy, Willy Williams, and possibly Mike Logan we'll be a few million under. Our main hit this year is Jeff Hartings who has a $8M hit. They'll either release him and sign him for less or our new center will be Okobi or we'll draft one. I personally hope they can resign Jeff for a more cap-friendly deal and release Okobi (he's due to make $2M I think).

Anyway, not sure how much I'll post, but I enjoy reading what everyone has to say.

Pats726 said:
It really stinks..I feel sad for football..Upshaw better get on a plane and go hide..I think the players will remove him ASAP...if they have any sense...IT is a dark day for football..really sad days...I feel like Upshaw really ruined it for his players...60%??? A bit laughable..I think he needs to answer to the players in his union..not available last night..so??

Upshaw overplayed his hand, left no time and no wiggle room, forced the owners to band together and say F*** this! They've actually done it, they've all cut their own throats -players, owners, agents . . . everyone. Welcome to Major League Baseball, goodbye to the NFL. The Golden Goose is now cooked and that's Gene Upshaw standing there holding the match. Played chicken and lost it for everyone. Screw them all! :bricks:

Last edited:
[[[
Steelgal said:
I've been reading this board for over a year, but finally decided to register. I'm not here to talk smack, just talk football. The Steelers aren't actually in that bad of shape. The $7M over the cap figure is including Jerome's salary, which is just over $5M. Once that is adjusted as well as releasing turnover Tommy, Willy Williams, and possibly Mike Logan we'll be a few million under. Our main hit this year is Jeff Hartings who has a $8M hit. They'll either release him and sign him for less or our new center will be Okobi or we'll draft one. I personally hope they can resign Jeff for a more cap-friendly deal and release Okobi (he's due to make $2M I think).

Anyway, not sure how much I'll post, but I enjoy reading what everyone has to say.

Welcome.

Steelgal said:

Welcome! I enjoy intelligent posts from other teams' fans. Its the trolls I cant stand.
Perhaps you are right, and your Steelers aren't in that bad shape against the cap. Still, doesn't allow for any significant additions through F/A or the draft, while still remaining under the cap. The Pats are under the cap right now, and we are still concerned about the cuts that are coming, to stay that way while still being able to participate actively in this offseason.
I think we can agree, though, that some teams have effectively stepped in the doo doo (Colts), betting that the deal was done and that they would have over $100 mil cap room, with the ability to spread the bonus money out.
Dont forget, all that bonus money now comes due in 2006. So how does the Steelers bunus hit look?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGE.

Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!

CTPatsFan said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGE.

Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!
:rofl:
Time for the Lifebouy

Steelgal said:

Welcome to the board.

antisteelers.gif
:D

football will be ok regardless

I don't like change but regardless what happens at midnight football will continue to be the top sport.

Forget the doom and gloom. A new CBA would be good but the PATS will figure it out and we will win the next SB whatever the labor climate is.

Here's to hoping no agreement by tonight! The Colts will be screwed!

I guess we'll go with no CBA, live an uncapped year and have no football in 2008. I'm sorry to be such a pesimist..But everytime I feel optimistic about this, somethings goes wrong :p So hopefully in due time everything will work itself out, but the NFL, without a doubt, has a fire in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots