PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL on CBS announcer pairings

Status
Not open for further replies.
NBC's presentation is gorgeous. I love the graphics, the cuts of players dressed up, and for all the hate he receives I really like Cris Collinsworth.

Everything is so much sharper. CBS isn't far behind, but NBC dresses it up a whole lot better than CBS.

FOX's games are terrible. ESPN is middling.

The Fox games week 2 are:

AZ-NE
Minn-Indy
TB-NYG
NO-Car
Wash-StL
Dal-Sea

IMHO, we should get the #1 crew but none of the games are very tantalizing.

Hopefully NO vs Car will draw Buck and Aikman. I can't stand listening to them. I dont even think they like each other.

Last edited:
No way......Fox's video quality is better than CBS and the DD audio is 10 times better:rocker:

Huh? Thought Fox is 720p vs 1080i for CBS? That's a visible resolution difference with large screens. The 720 progressive scan does track rapid motion better than the interlaced 1080 though.

It sucks being in the Buffalo/ NY market. I don't think I will see a lot of Pats games this year sadly especially if Buffalo is in contention this year.

Fret not, babe. There are plenty of options available to you...

1. NFL Sunday Ticket
2. Bar
3. Stream games online

Living in Florida, especially growing up in a Dolphins market, these are the three options that I've had to resort to.

Huh? Thought Fox is 720p vs 1080i for CBS? That's a visible resolution difference with large screens. The 720 progressive scan does track rapid motion better than the interlaced 1080 though.

I prefer 720p over interlaced on my LCD,I agree 1080i is better on larger screens(over 50in),but I'd much rather have the superior rapid motion for football.Also,and it may be related to Comcast,the Dolby Digital on CBS is absolutely,lifeless.....Excellent on Fox,baseball and Football.......The sound on Pats football on CBS in Boston is horrid.Not dynamic and I have to turn it up,way louder,than Fox or NBC(the best,imho).

Fret not, babe. There are plenty of options available to you...

1. NFL Sunday Ticket
2. Bar
3. Stream games online

Living in Florida, especially growing up in a Dolphins market, these are the three options that I've had to resort to.

Well I don't have Direct TV, so how do I get games online..lol

·Cleveland @ Cincinnati Bill Macatee/Steve Tasker
ugh
·Buffalo @ Cleveland Spero Dedes/Steve Beuerlein
ugh

Well we know the bottom 2 crews for CBS.

For Fox I like Tim Ryan.

How exactly are Nantz and Simms going to call a game on FOX?

Good question. Not possible, in my opinion.

Apologies, I meant Aikman and Buck.

The point I was attempting to make was that Fox would probably rather promote an NFCE game than a game involving an AFC team (the Pats), and that they will therefore most likely not be using their #1 broadcast team on the Pats game - nor will they likely be broadcasting it outside of New England and Arizona.

Last edited:
The Fox games week 2 are:

AZ-NE
Minn-Indy
TB-NYG
NO-Car
Wash-StL
Dal-Sea

IMHO, we should get the #1 crew but none of the games are very tantalizing.

I bet you a wooden nickel the #1 team is at Dal-Sea. According to Fox it is COWBOYS and other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes