PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Offseason Cuts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't have used the franchise tag on him either. I don't know if he's worth even half of that.

Titans safety Michael Griffin cut today.

That is quite a strange turn of events for Philly if it does indeed happen. Makes sense, though - Foles seems like a fit for what Pederson likely wants to do.

I don't see how Philly miscalculated here. To run the risk of Sam Bradford @ 18m/per is madness.

I saw Atlanta released Justin Durant. Good be a decent depth signing at LB

I don't see how Philly miscalculated here. To run the risk of Sam Bradford @ 18m/per is madness.
I was saying it's a strange turn of events overall for Philly as far as having Foles, trading him for another QB, then trying to get him back a year later. Ya don't see that every day!

I was saying it's a strange turn of events overall for Philly as far as having Foles, trading him for another QB, then trying to get him back a year later. Ya don't see that every day!
Gotcha. That franchise is in a death spiral.

Raiders cut Nate Allen.

The combination of a big cap number and ineffectiveness due to injury made Nate Allen very expendable, despite the fact that he is only 28 and Oakland's defense was awful.

NFL: Raiders release Nate Allen

Safety Nate Allen, one of the Raiders' big-ticket items in free agency last year, was released Tuesday, the club announced.

Allen, 28, played in five games with three starts. He injured a knee that didn't require surgery in the season opener against Cincinnati and went on injured reserve/designated for return.​

Raiders cut ties with free-agent bust Nate Allen

When Allen returned in Week 10, he played ineffectively both in coverage and as a tackler, although he did have an interception in a 24-21 win over Tennessee. Allen re-injured his knee and was placed on injured reserve on Dec. 30.

Allen signed a four-year contract with a total value of $23 million last season, He received $6.9 million for his troubles, a including a $4 million roster bonus. He played six years with the Philadelphia Eagles, who made no attempt to re-sign him, intercepting 10 passes.

If Allen were to remain on the roster three days after the Super Bowl, a $4.9 million salary for 2016 would have been guaranteed.​

Bills cut Percy Harvin

Bills cut Percy Harvin
I thought Harvin signed a 1 year deal? EDIT: Looks like it was a 3 year deal but had an option this year, supposedly constructed for a small 2015 cap number and big cap numbers the consecutive two years.

I wonder if Bill still would be interested in bringing Harvin here. He tried last year and Harvin idiotically chose Rex...

That is quite a strange turn of events for Philly if it does indeed happen. Makes sense, though - Foles seems like a fit for what Pederson likely wants to do.

Doesn't matter if he's a fit or not. Even if they bring him back they are still out their 2015 4th round pick and their 2016 2nd round pick. Rams rape another team. Crazy stupid trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back