PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL: No Violation by Favre; $50k fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Response from Sterger's lawyer: Sterger lawyer blasts NFL’s decision on Favre | ProFootballTalk

“My client and I are extremely disappointed, but not surprised, at today’s NFL announcement that Brett Favre did not violate the NFL ‘workplace conduct’ policy,” Conway said. “While I am not privy to how Mr. Goodell reached such a finding, we strongly disagree with his conclusion that there was insufficient evidence to support a violation of the policy. To the contrary, our evidence and the personal testimony of Ms. Sterger clearly showed a pattern of lewd and offensive behavior by Mr. Favre that lasted all of the 2008 season.

“As noted in the NFL’s release, ‘there was no evidence to suggest that Sterger engaged in any inappropriate conduct.’ In addition to the offensive messages, there was ample evidence to show that the sexually explicit photographs were part of Favre’s inappropriate behavior. Our evidence clearly showed that the photos were sent by Favre.

“Likewise, Mr. Goodell completely failed to address the complicity of the New York Jet organization in Favre’s conduct. The evidence was explicit that Ms. Sterger’s personal telephone numbers were provided to Favre by still-current employees of the New York Jets. This was done without Ms. Sterger’s knowledge and consent.

“Furthermore, the fact that the League took the step of fining Favre for ‘not being candid in several respects during the investigation’ is disturbing in the message it sends. It clearly shows that an NFL star player was given preferential treatment and tells all other players that failure to cooperate may cost you some money but will not result in other punishment. Additionally, today’s decision is an affront to all females and shows once again that, despite tough talk, the NFL remains the good old boys’ league.”

A damning response by her lawyer

I hate Favre as much as the next guy but you guys are taking this to another level. It's none of the NFL's business what to consenting adults do with their freekin cell phones. The feminization of America.

I hate Favre as much as the next guy but you guys are taking this to another level. It's none of the NFL's business what to consenting adults do with their freekin cell phones. The feminization of America.
How do you know it was consensual?

Would you feel the same way if your daughter worked for a company, and a guy in another department who was greatly admired by both her boss and everyone else at the company (and made 100x the salary she did) sent photos of his junk to her?

Besides, the far bigger issue is the hypocrisy and cover up by Goodell.

Last edited:

Did you read this ... at all?

he evidence was explicit that Ms. Sterger’s personal telephone numbers were provided to Favre by still-current employees of the New York Jets. This was done without Ms. Sterger’s knowledge and consent.

Geez, I'd settle for the literacy of America.

Yes, because everyone knows females are the weak ones.

I would LOVE to see you tough talking boys go through one tenth of the pain of something like childbirth. You'd be begging for the end, I promise you.

Ive always wondered why Favre never sent Sterger pics of his feet?

They can be quite erotic you know.

Besides, the far bigger issue is the hypocrisy and cover up by Goodell.

Exactly. He has a horribly skewed view of the world and it's killing the NFL.

While the statute of limitations may be up for a civil suit, the potential for a criminal prosecution still exists. I doubt this will happen, but a civil suit against the NFL for its handling of the case might be in the cards.

Maybe those "crazies" at the UFL are on to something.

I would LOVE to see you tough talking boys go through one tenth of the pain of something like childbirth. You'd be begging for the end, I promise you.

OK but try prostrate surgery, you woosies

My Sisters are as mean as snakes, let me tell you.

I learned the hard way.

If she sues, I'd love to know what her damages could be since it's been two years since she saw a cell phone vid of Favre playing with his wanker. If there was physical injury the two year wait would make sense.

I really dont see how this even matters I mean he is going to retire and 50K for Brett his like spending money at a dollar store so I doubt he even cares if Goodell wanted this to be a serious punishment he would have a long time ago so he could have suspended him a couple games and ended his crap streak that way.

It's not two consenting adults. It's one adult getting another adult's phone number from her employer, then sending photos of his junk to her.

Forget the penis (from media reports, it's pretty forgettable anyways). The intrusion on this woman's confidential information from an employer alone is enough for a lawsuit.

Would you be happy if your boss gave our your home address and telephone number to anyone that asked?

According to all my guy friends, it wasn't that bad. Lots of waiting, some had to go get some things in the middle for their wives. What's the big deal? ;) j/k

I am curious, what is the difference between what Big Ben did and what Favre did in terms of the Code of Conduct (or whatever it's called) that the NFL holds it's players too? In both cases it was the word of the woman against the player, was it not?

In my opinion, the biggest pile of BS in this whole thing is that the guy who gave out Jenn Sterger's phone number, without her knowledge, apparently gets off scot-free. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that at work without getting fired.

$50,000 Fine? That's like $16,666.66 per inch.

Looks like Farve was intercepted again.

Do you have a job?

Sterger was a co-worker.

Forget the politics for a moment. This is a case of the NFL Commissioner/lawyer blowing off an incident in which one very influential high-profile employee texted unsolicited explicit photos of their private parts to another employee. The phone number was provided by a member of management.

They all work by association for the NFL.

This was not forwarding an off-color joke by e-mail, this is creating a hostile work environment. Even the idiots on The Office don't go this far. Maybe that's Brett's next stop.

This is one that doesn't look like it's going away judging from what Sterger's lawyer stated.

NFL finds no violation by Favre of league policy.

Fines Favre $50k for lack of cooperation.

i.e. Brett would not show his schlong to Roger.

I'm not sure the phone is the issue ... unless i'm seeing it wrong how they prove it was Favre who sent them. Most of us this would not be an issue but they must leave their phones unattended in their locker all the time and the lockers are open, no doors. Unless Favre shows his junk then really there is little to no case here. But he still is a piece of crap.

why are the jet's off the hook on this one?

shouldn't that employee be disciplined or was he and i missed it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back