PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL: No Violation by Favre; $50k fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
SanAngeloState have you met Pujo over on the other thread. If not you should. You guys deserve each other.

Right, anyone who disagrees with you "defender of all things womanly" is a brute.

Quick, some damsel in distress is calling. Now is your chance!

2 years??

Wow, that's short!

(that's what she said)

This was funny earlier in the season but it is now drawn out and pointless. The NFL didn't have much of a choice - you can't really "suspend" a guy who is not cleared to play and if common sense prevails, will finally be hanging it up after Sunday. It would be a completely empty gesture.

Favre definitely did something wrong, all the evidence points to it, but this lady just needs to shut the eff up and file a civil suit already, if the the amount of waffling her lawyer has done hasn't cost her the opportunity yet (and from the above posts it looks like it has). The league got more important tasks to deal with than Favre being another kind of gun slinger and this lady being an attention grubber. If it is a legal matter, let the law handle it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just messed up. They fined him 50k but found no violation of league policy? How does that even happen? They can't fine him unless he has done something wrong but they concluded he did nothing wrong. This is a lame resolution to the matter.

This is just messed up. They fined him 50k but found no violation of league policy? How does that even happen? They can't fine him unless he has done something wrong but they concluded he did nothing wrong. This is a lame resolution to the matter.

Very much so. In fairness to Favre, he now needs to fork over $50k to the league because he didn't cooperate with an investigation regarding a matter that he potentially had nothing to do with.

I liken this ruling as the NFL is essentially accusing Favre of obstructing justice.

I do think he acted inappropriately and I can't stand the guy and sometimes life isn't fair but this seems wrong to me.

Last edited:
I like this decision...although it would have been better with no fine.

He had a flirtatious relationship with this chick, full of sexual banter and whatnot, most likely. She waits until she needs some publicity or money and then springs it on him....bam! She'll probably appear in playboy soon, then maybe on a reality show. He sent a picture of junk, she is junk. Somehow I doubt that if Favre barely knew her, he'd send this to her. Has he done it before?

I think it only became news the week they played the Jets because the Jets wanted it to become a distraction to Minny.

Right, anyone who disagrees with you "defender of all things womanly" is a brute.

Quick, some damsel in distress is calling. Now is your chance!

Since I am a woman, I feel I have a right to defend all things womanly. But actually I was just thinking that two really ill-informed people should meet up.

Not surprised by this, although I do not agree with the ruling. How can the league find no violation when there are supposedly pictures and messages delivered to this woman while both worked for the Jets? Furthermore, the fine for lack of cooperation is merely a feeble attempt to mask the stench of a putrid handling of the matter by the league.

This was basically a sack of the judicial system in the nfl. Goodell did not have the balls to do anything to this "legendary" character. Neither he nor his staff were ever going to do anything about it. Feel sorry for Jen Sterger. She really got the shaft in this whole affair. Favre is just lucky they ran out of stones to throw at him I guess.....I think I am just going to get some franks and beans....while I read the rest of your reactions on here..........

People have been getting fined for hits that did not draw a flag this season. The NFL isn't really required to have any consistent logic in these matters - they're a private enterprise with the right to create their own stupid rules. Was Michael Vick ever actually suspended for what he did? The year in jail was a federal thing, and the league never sanctioned him during that time.

The determined Favre wasn't as cooperative as he should have been and that is fine.

But I got no sympathy for how this woman and her attorney handled this. It happened in 2008. Where was this story last year? The league could have been in a great position to impose a penalty that would have had a very direct consequence on Favre's drive to get back to the Superbowl. They waited until Favre was a beat up, lame duck, sideline strolling QB and now they're upset that the league has no real room to impose a meaningful suspension. Sorry folks, should have just brought the accusations of wrong doing forward rather than trying to time it for maximum publicity.

Feel sorry for Jen Sterger. She really got the shaft in this whole affair. .

I'm on the fence. On one hand she had every right to sue Favre and the Jets for sexual harassment, etc. On the other hand, to keep her career in tv going, she kept quiet.

Last edited:
the nfl would never suspend favre, he is too big of a ratings grabber. that is probably why they dont suspend players on defense for illegal hits. if they were to suspend only non stars it would be to obvious what the motivation was. the nfl only cares about one thing...money. nothing else.

I'm on the fence. On one hand she had every right to sue Favre and the Jets for sexual harassment, etc. On the other hand, to keep her career in tv going, she kept quiet.

Suing would have been a hard thing to do if you thought it would ruin your career. She probably just hoped it would go away. But it hasn't and her future prospects probably have been ruined. Who will hire her now? I hope she files a big ass lawsuit.

Suing would have been a hard thing to do if you thought it would ruin your career. She probably just hoped it would go away. But it hasn't and her future prospects probably have been ruined. Who will hire her now? I hope she files a big ass lawsuit.

I agree. I'm sure that went through her mind.

Nothing about the way her lawyer has handled this could possibly help her career. Civil suit was the only right thing to do.

Anyway, this is a dead story now. Let's all think happy thoughts about All American Hero Joe Webb forcing Vick to play an extra playoff game and get hit some more! :rocker:

Nothing about the way her lawyer has handled this could possibly help her career. Civil suit was the only right thing to do.

Anyway, this is a dead story now. Let's all think happy thoughts about All American Hero Joe Webb forcing Vick to play an extra playoff game and get hit some more! :rocker:

If I were Jen I would sue Favre, The Jests, Goodell & Deadspin.

Last edited:
Goddell handed Favre a Willy Wonka Golden ticket to his retirement. Ket's hope the lady sues the living cr@p outta Favre and walks away with a wheelbarrow full of his cash.

I bet she doesn't sue. You really have to be signed up to sue because those lawyers are going to drag you through the mud for every mildly suggestive thing you have ever done. As an NFL cheerleader, I imagine that would be a long list full of insinuations, false accusations, and probably even some true accusations that she hoped would never leak out. It would become less about what Favre did and more about whether or not she is worthy to accuse. And of course every woman's favorite, the "she clearly asked for it" defense would certainly weigh in. It is unfortunate, but I bet she doesn't sue and he just gets away with it.

I agree, absolutely ridiculous. If there was a suspension, I bet they'd wait another week so he wouldn't even have to serve it this season and then he could retire.

So let's see. Taping something from the wrong part of the field = major violation, 1st round choice taken away. Sending pictures of your junk to female reporters = okay. Interfering with an actual game by tripping players = okay.

This is completely bizarre. Favre makes a mockery of the league with his diva act and sends photos of his genitalia to a fellow NY Jets employee and gets fined for "failing to cooperate?" Are you kidding me?!?

For those of you with jobs, what would happen at your workplace of you sent the hot chick in the PR department a photo of your genitals? Fired? Definitely! Prosecuted? Probably.

My guess is Rex Ryan served as a character witness and convinced Commissioner Goodell to go easy on Brett since he has nice feet.

I like this decision...although it would have been better with no fine.

He had a flirtatious relationship with this chick, full of sexual banter and whatnot, most likely. She waits until she needs some publicity or money and then springs it on him....bam! She'll probably appear in playboy soon, then maybe on a reality show. He sent a picture of junk, she is junk. Somehow I doubt that if Favre barely knew her, he'd send this to her. Has he done it before?

agree ..............

For those of you with jobs, what would happen at your workplace of you sent the hot chick in the PR department a photo of your genitals? Fired? Definitely! Prosecuted? Probably.

Got a wicked pissah hot date out of it. Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back