PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL: No Violation by Favre; $50k fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, poor Brett.....getting sucked in by this skank's feminine wiles! What could he have done about it? Nothing. He was helpless under her evil female spell, I tell you, helpless!

I didn't say "poor Brett". I'm saying people do things with boyfriends/girlfriends which they would get in trouble with doing to other people. He may have assumed she would like it. Maybe they had that kind of relationship. How do you know?

No you're getting ahead of things here. This hasn't been officially swept under the carpet yet.

Officially no. But after seeing this ridiculous ruling, I have no faith anything else will be happening in the trip issue.

I think that this may be next or she will post it all out on Facebook or youtube and make the NFL look like chumps.

Favre will slink back to Mississippi and Goodell will be left holding the bag. This is not going to be going away anytime soon.

I'll wait for the Lifetime movie.

Or not.

This is probably the closest you can get to punishing a violation, but not officially tarnishing a HoF career. Favre should be sending naked pics to Goodell for this.

Gutless, pathetic, transparent, embarrassing. Goodell -- just when I Thought it was impossible, he sinks to a new low. "Not cooperating." Oh, gee, OKAY! Thanks for looking into it.

Last edited:
Favre is the darling of the NFL. Is anyone really surprised at the outcome?

Last edited:
This thread is a perfect example of recreational outrage.

If my girlfriend sends me naked pictures, can I get her arrested/fired for exposing herself to me? Why not? If she sees me walking out of the shower naked, can she get me arrested for exposure?

Favre is the darling of the NFL. Is anyone really surprised at the outcome?

There is nothing saying that Sterger can't still sue if she doesn't think the punishment was adequate. She said she wouldn't sue if the NFL disciplined Favre.

Lack of cooperation? Why should Favre, who's the equivalent of the defendant in this situation, be required to cooperate with the jagoffs trying to find evidence to punish him, and get fined for not doing so? Just how many fundamental rights are we going to demand these athletes surrender?

Lack of cooperation? Why should Favre, who's the equivalent of the defendant in this situation, be required to cooperate with the jagoffs trying to find evidence to punish him, and get fined for not doing so? Just how many fundamental rights are we going to demand these athletes surrender?

Rights? What rights? This isn't a court of law. This is the NFL one-man discipline squad.

Goodell is judge, jury and executioner. See Spygate, New England Patriots.

Last edited:
Just wait till next August when Brat Perve lets it out that he may return. Goodell is an *****.

If my girlfriend sends me naked pictures, can I get her arrested/fired for exposing herself to me? Why not? If she sees me walking out of the shower naked, can she get me arrested for exposure?

The problem is that this all occurred between employees and a recreational/sexual relationship b/t/w Favre and Sterger has been denied by both parties.

Depends on the age of the girl whose pictures are on your computer/cellphone and whether your wife wants to press charges.

Missed by a mile.

This isn't an action between two consenting adults. This is the equivalent of you sending pictures of your junk to a co-worker who doesn't want to see it.

You may be unaware but Jenn Sterger IS NOT Brett Favre's girlfriend or wife. She was an employee of the Jets at the same time he was an employee of the Jets. And the pictures and texts were unwanted.

so typical of nfl. they fine favre to appease the media/fans but dont say if he did anything wrong to keep his image intact. As long as favre wins its good for the league ...disgusting..:rolleyes:

i wonder if BB wouldve "not cooperated" during cameragate issue if it was just going to result in a lesser punishment.

I guess I must have missed the part where Favre and Sterger were in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship.

Having worked in Fortune 500 companies, sexual harassment is a huge issue for any organization that makes a lot of money. It extends beyond an employee and their direct supervisor; it applies in particular to any person at one level in the company hierarchy being harassed in any manner by any person at a higher level in the organization.

Favre, making $12 million per year and seen as the face of the franchise, would certainly qualify as being in a position to make others in the organization feel intimidated and fearful of retaliation if reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots