PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL: No Violation by Favre; $50k fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
NFL finds no violation by Favre of league policy.

Fines Favre $50k for lack of cooperation.

Whitewash complete. Next issue...

All the fans should send 'junk' photos to Goodell. :eek:

NFL finds no violation by Favre of league policy.

Fines Favre $50k for lack of cooperation.

Not surprised by this, although I do not agree with the ruling. How can the league find no violation when there are supposedly pictures and messages delivered to this woman while both worked for the Jets? Furthermore, the fine for lack of cooperation is merely a feeble attempt to mask the stench of a putrid handling of the matter by the league.

Wow.... :eek:

So did they find that the messages were not his or that they were but didn't pose any violation?

Remember what happened to Isaiah Thomas when they tried to whitewash things. They riled up quite a few women. I would not be surprised if Goodell is besieged on this one.

I've hated Goodell since Spygate but I recognize that it's because I'm a Pats fan however, this is truly disgusting. Delaying his ruling until there's one game left in the season and then just a fine. It's impossible to have any respect for this man or his ridiculous decisions.

I've hated Goodell since Spygate but I recognize that it's because I'm a Pats fan however, this is truly disgusting. Delaying his ruling until there's one game left in the season and then just a fine. It's impossible to have any respect for this man or his ridiculous decisions.

I agree, absolutely ridiculous. If there was a suspension, I bet they'd wait another week so he wouldn't even have to serve it this season and then he could retire.

So let's see. Taping something from the wrong part of the field = major violation, 1st round choice taken away. Sending pictures of your junk to female reporters = okay. Interfering with an actual game by tripping players = okay.

Did anyone really think the NFL was going to suspend Brett Favre with his supposed final game coming up? It's about as shocking as the NCAA allowing Cam Newton and Terrelle Pryor play their bowl games.

I like this decision...although it would have been better with no fine.

He had a flirtatious relationship with this chick, full of sexual banter and whatnot, most likely. She waits until she needs some publicity or money and then springs it on him....bam! She'll probably appear in playboy soon, then maybe on a reality show. He sent a picture of junk, she is junk. Somehow I doubt that if Favre barely knew her, he'd send this to her. Has he done it before?

From ESPN...

"The forensic analysis scan could not confirm that Favre sent the pictures to Sterger"

LOL! Are you ****-ing kidding me?! Do you know how EASY it is to trace where a ****-ing cell phone picture was sent from?! If this happened at a high school between two students, a local cop would have finished this case in a day and the kid would be suspended.

But the NFL (with help from the FBI, apparently) took 86 DAYS to only then just say "Lol, we can't confirm it's him durrr".

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Has he done it before?

http://www.businessinsider.com/more-women-coming-forward-with-favre-allegations-2010-10

He's an old creep. Why the **** do you just assume Sterger flirted back with him? Because she's done Playboy before? That makes her a whore who was begging to see pictures of Brett Favre's penis? Please.

Last edited:

He had a flirtatious relationship with this chick, full of sexual banter and whatnot, most likely. She waits until she needs some publicity or money and then springs it on him....bam! She'll probably appear in playboy soon, then maybe on a reality show. He sent a picture of junk, she is junk. Somehow I doubt that if Favre barely knew her, he'd send this to her. Has he done it before?
Yeah, poor Brett.....getting sucked in by this skank's feminine wiles! What could he have done about it? Nothing. He was helpless under her evil female spell, I tell you, helpless!

Its a prickly issue. Let's look at the circumstances.

-A NY Jets employee provided Brett Favre, who at the time was also a NYJ employee a phone number of a woman who worked there.

-Favre sent her photos of his privates

-She has chosen not to press charges vs the NYJ or Favre

-The league, who has a personal conduct policy, has fined Favre $50k who will be out of football (I think??) in 2011

-The NYJ have chosen not to press charges vs Favre

IMO, the real travesty is Sterger not sticking up for her rights and suing the pants off the NYJ and Favre for sexual harassment.

I gotta think that they paid her off or she was having an affair with Favre and lied about it. The problem is that Favre admitted to call her and she admitted to receiving the calls so it would have been a legal struggle and not a clear cut victory for her. Who knows.

Last edited:
I agree, absolutely ridiculous. If there was a suspension, I bet they'd wait another week so he wouldn't even have to serve it this season and then he could retire.

So let's see. Taping something from the wrong part of the field = major violation, 1st round choice taken away. Sending pictures of your junk to female reporters = okay. Interfering with an actual game by tripping players = okay.

No you're getting ahead of things here. This hasn't been officially swept under the carpet yet.

I think every QB in the league should now pressure his teams PR dept. for the number and then text his junk to his team sideline reporter candy to underscore the merit of this decision...

I'm so sick of this league feeding the egotistical beast, and in this case one that probably couldn't have passed his neuro exam before he was concussed...

If he attempts another comeback next season I may take matters into my own hands... If he conducts another presser this season I may need a new television. If he plays this week I hope they cart him off the field and straight to an assisted living facility. You could see it in his eyes last night, had he been cleared and active he'd have forced his way into that game once the Viqueens got up...

I think only Mike Tyson may have had a less dignified winding down of his career. Still, I don't understand why the League should have any interest in Brett Favre's wiener.

Its a prickly issue. Let's look at the circumstances.

-A NY Jets employee provided Brett Favre, who at the time was also a NYJ employee a phone number of a woman who worked there.

-Favre sent her photos of his privates

-She has chosen not to press charges vs the NYJ or Favre

-The league, who has a personal conduct policy, has fined Favre $50k who will be out of football (I think??) in 2011

-The NYJ have chosen not to press charges vs Favre

IMO, the real travesty is Sterger not sticking up for her rights and suing the pants off the NYJ and Favre for sexual harassment.

I gotta think that they paid her off or she was having an affair with Favre and lied about it.

I think that this may be next or she will post it all out on Facebook or youtube and make the NFL look like chumps.

Favre will slink back to Mississippi and Goodell will be left holding the bag. This is not going to be going away anytime soon.

I don't know if that's accurate or not. From what I have read she (skank or not) was not looking for any money. Supposedly it was Bus Cook looking to see how much it would cost to make this go away back in October; she was pushing for an apology/admission and/or suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes