PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL No. 1 Player --- Tom B!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady's starting to get alot of love recently....Unanimous MVP, The Brady 6, now
#1 among his peers, Lewis and Revis having a lovefest over one their biggest rivals and calling him one the greatest of all time.

We need 1 more.

None better. Well-deserved!

Brady...please keep the fire buring for at least 7 more years....

How lucky we all are to have watched and to continue to watch Brady. I hope to see him play live before he retires...

Well deserved to say the least...

As good as the award was his reaction to winning was classic a rant about football being a team game and he could accomplish nothing without his teammates and coaches. Totally deflected taking any credit for his standing.

This is the reason he is such a great player and leader he totally get it when it comes to the game.

As good as the award was his reaction to winning was classic a rant about football being a team game and he could accomplish nothing without his teammates and coaches. Totally deflected taking any credit for his standing.

This is the reason he is such a great player and leader he totally get it when it comes to the game.

Yeah i saw that...complete class act, he also showed alot of respect towards Manning. And on the other end of the spectrum is Adrian Peterson being upset over no.3 which is too high for him in the first place imo.

Last edited:
who cares what he is on some stupid list. It's a farce. The only thing that matter is SBs and tom has come up lacking in that recently. A choke fest last year and going back quite a few years actually. Sickening.

I want him to win big again and again in the only game that matters...the SB. I just hope he hasn't changed and become a choker from what used to be nerves of steel...his life has changed now that he's hollywood tom instead of underdog tom. Just hopign he can pull it together and WIN.

Methinks you are in dire need of a very large glass of homer koolaid. Your opinions have become polluted from the repetitive drivel of rival fans, turning your thought process into mush.

who cares what he is on some stupid list. It's a farce. The only thing that matter is SBs and tom has come up lacking in that recently. A choke fest last year and going back quite a few years actually. Sickening.

I want him to win big again and again in the only game that matters...the SB. I just hope he hasn't changed and become a choker from what used to be nerves of steel...his life has changed now that he's hollywood tom instead of underdog tom. Just hopign he can pull it together and WIN.

Why is this list a farce? There's nothing better around with the lockout and it's nice to see that our guy gets the respect that he deservers from his peers.

And winning a SB has alot more to it than Tom Brady just "pulling it together". To be the best you need to be good in all assets of the game...during last years loss we made mistakes on offense,defense,special teams and even in the coaching department.

Killer stuff

Anyone get T. Sizzle's response yet?

He did a beautiful tribute. About three minutes on how hard he works, how hard he studies, how the game comes so easy to him because of his football knowledge and vision, and how tough he is. He outlined dutifully why Ryan Fitzpatrick is the greatest player in football and the No. 1# player in the NFL.

Makes me want to see him get the chance to bring home one more trophy, one more ring, one more SB MVP. Maybe this is the year.

Would you say that to his face?

Those exact words. Would you say them right to his face? Then would you be ready to go out to the parking lot and settle it like men, just you and him?

Because you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how much I might disagree with it. I just want to know, would you say that right to him and then back it up?

Last edited:
I honestly didn't know who they would present first when they got to #2 last night. And then I saw Gruden begin gushing over Peyton, it took a few seconds for it to sink in that they were ranking him 2 and Brady 1.

I'd say it's really splitting hairs between the two of them, but as other posters have mentioned, Brady did have the better year in 2010.

As for Aaron Rogers ranking, some had him above those two players (like Florio). But his track record is clearly too short. He could have a fantastic season next year and assert himself as the best, but until he does that he shouldn't be above those two. There was a time in Carson Palmer's career in which he was annointed the next Brady/Manning, but we were wrong about that (maybe not all of us). Albeit there are obvious differences between Palmer and Rogers, the point is that we shouldn't jump the gun on a "momentum stock," that is Rogers. Another year of elevated play and yes he could be up there. And he has the strong supporting cast around him to do that.

As for Ray Lewis....hmmm. I think everyone will place the same asterisk over his name when it comes up at #4. I interpreted the list as a 'who's the best going into 2011' - as opposed to what once was. That being said, the Ravens will certainly miss him when he does retire, as their fans have already professed. 35 is darn old in football doggy years.

Tom Brady is the Joe Montana of our generation; Peyton Manning is the Dan Marino of our generation

Best tagline I have seen yet specifically addressing this debate between Manning and Brady..... THANKS- TheGodinaGrayHoodie

"Tom Brady is the Joe Montana of our generation; Peyton Manning is the Dan Marino of our generation".

Not getting this one and not a big fan of the comparison either.

Not the getting the 'this generation' 'our generation' thing nor getting the fact that the comparison within the comparison needs to be made in the first place.

One thing I do get is that football is a team game. I think players have roles and jobs they need to do and they need to be prepared for these roles and jobs in practice. They need to be executed in practice to give our head coach the confidence they can deliver in games.

I think Brady's work ethic is well documented, and this recognition well deserved. However the team helped Brady as well and that evaluation of talent and that performance of talent is identified and built by the coach(es) in practices and games. Patten made great catches here and there, Moss wasn't bad, and the best of them all Troy Brown, let's just say he made a couple plays...

Look, as far as the comparisons go, let's just say Brady is good, damned good. He works hard and is dedicated to his craft. So Marino never won a SB, so Manning took a while to win one, so what. I am content to call them both great qb's and just leave it at that.

We won a couple SB's yes, and Brady is phenomenal at playing that position.

Hopefully we'll get to celebrate 'the next one' sooner rather than later....

Last edited:

Why does it matter to you? You can always wear your "Packers World Champs" t-shirt, and your "Saints World Champs" Sweatshirt, your "Colts world Champs" caps, your "Mavericks World Champs" shorts, your "Auburn BCS Champs" underwear and your "Canucks Stanley Cup Champs" jacket.

You rock, Brady is a loser.

Not to pile on, but...let's not forget that come the playoffs, there is near zero margin of error. It's sudden death -- not a best of seven dual. We'd all prefer the superbowls, but "farce" and "sickening" are harsh words.

:bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey