PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network's Top 10 Patriots of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinatieri is only a kicker and does not belong on that list eh?

What were you guys saying when he kicked those game winning FGs in the SBs? - Were you saying at that time that he was one of your favorite players ever as a Patriot? - I bet you did

If Vinatieri was still a Patriot instead of a Colt, none of you would be bashing him for JUST being a kicker - Lets not BS each other here O.K.?

Too many Pats fans say gone AND forgotten when it comes to a special player who is now on another team - Thats kind of sad.

Without Vinatieri I can almost guarantee you that we lose at least one of those 3 SBs - He was Mr. Clutch and deserves the respect at this time that he garnished back then.

Next time you're going to chip in your 2 cents, feel free to read the thread first. I've already personally addressed every point that you made multiple times, and I'm far from the only one.

Next time you're going to chip in your 2 cents, feel free to read the thread first. I've already personally addressed every point that you made multiple times, and I'm far from the only one.

No offense, but just because "you" have already personally addressed every point in someone's post doesn't mean a member can't weigh in with their opinion. A similar comment can be made that, since you've already addressed every point, why do you still feel a need to refute each new poster's comments?? Just as many people appear to agree with PATRIOTSFANINPA's opinion as yours, but apparently you think it's only acceptable to repeat "your" side of the argument.

No offense, but just because "you" have already personally addressed every point in someone's post doesn't mean a member can't weigh in with their opinion. A similar comment can be made that, since you've already addressed every point, why do you still feel a need to refute each new poster's comments?? Just as many people appear to agree with PATRIOTSFANINPA's opinion as yours, but apparently you think it's only acceptable to repeat "your" side of the argument.

PATRIOTSFANINPA posted this:

If Vinatieri was still a Patriot instead of a Colt, none of you would be bashing him for JUST being a kicker - Lets not BS each other here O.K.?

If someone puts Vinatieri in their top 10, that's fine. That's their opinion, and I have my own, and that's that. But to say that you know why my opinion is what it is becomes ridiculous and, frankly, stupid, when I and others have stated repeatedly not only that that isn't the case, but pretty clearly why it isn't the case.

I responded to the post because it was directed specifically at a couple of people that included me. It accused me of BSing everyone here because clearly it's impossible to leave Vinatieri off of your list without being some bitter, jilted fan, which is dumb not only because I've consistently been pro-Vinatieri on this site (which isn't particularly relevant to this specific thread), but also because Pyper and I have been totally forthcoming and clear about our reasons for why we didn't include him. If someone calls you a liar, it at least warrants a response.

Last edited:
PATRIOTSFANINPA posted this:

If someone doesn't put Vinatieri in their top 10, that's fine. That's their opinion, and I have my own, and that's that. But to say that you know why my opinion is what it is becomes ridiculous and, frankly, stupid, when I and others have stated repeatedly not only that that isn't the case, but pretty clearly why it isn't the case.

I responded to the post because it was directed specifically at a couple of people that included me. It accused me of BSing everyone here because clearly it's impossible to leave Vinatieri off of your list without being some bitter, jilted fan, which is dumb not only because I've consistently been pro-Vinatieri on this site (which isn't particularly relevant to this specific thread), but also because Pyper and I have been totally forthcoming and clear about our reasons for why we didn't include him. If someone calls you a liar, it at least warrants a response.

Well said.

Yeah Troy Brown definately needs to be on that list.

Vinatieri at 4 is absurd. He had one amazing season in 2001 that included two legendary kicks. The rest of his time here was average to good at best. In '03 he missed a ton of FG's, missed two in the SB(one blocked, to be fair) before hitting the game winner. The game winner in '04 was like 20 yards. Loved what he did here but way overrated.

Glad to see Drew getting some love and remembered as being one of the best Pats. He deserves to be on that list like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back