PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL networks ranks Top Ten Draft Steals and the Top TEN most versatile players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawky77

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Checked a couple of pages and did not see this subject. If i missed it sorry.

Watching NFL channel today and they had a show called Top Ten Draft Steals in NFL history.

They went Ten thru One....during the entire show i figured Brady would never be mentioned because he is still playing and who rates a player until his career is over....Well our BOY is rated the NUMBER ONE DRAFT STEAL in the history of the NFL and he has several more years to play, we all hope.

Nice interview with Piolio (sp) were he says they had Tom going a lot higher on their board but they kept passing because they had other needs more pressing and after all they already had a QB. But in the sixth round they had to take him because he was so much more valuable then anything else on the board. LOL

ON the Top Ten Most Versatile Players in NFL history show The Pats had two players Troy Brown and Mike Vrable.

All in all we were well represented and all selections were under the BB regime.

Requesting spelling filter to turn VRABLE into VRABEL.

Requesting spelling filter to turn VRABLE into VRABEL.

I don't think it's a spelling error so much as an abbreviation
Very Reliable and ABLE...............

I would say Johnny Unitas as a 9th rdr was a better steal than Brady, but Johnny U was cut by the team that drafted him, the Pittsburgh Steelers, before latching on with Baltimore. So he wasn't really a steal for the team that drafted him.

For once on of these list got it right. Brady is the greatest steal ever. He is just starting the prime of his career and his just might have four rings. I think that when he is done he will have Six rings

I would say Johnny Unitas as a 9th rdr was a better steal than Brady, but Johnny U was cut by the team that drafted him, the Pittsburgh Steelers, before latching on with Baltimore. So he wasn't really a steal for the team that drafted him.

strongly disagree, and not just as a homer... brady very well could be the best player in history... the only player ahead of him in my mind is montana... brady still has about 6 more years, and montana was picked 3 or 4 rounds higher.

That was a much smaller league then -- 16 teams or fewer. Even an 11th round pick would have been picked earlier than Brady was.

Your point was a non-point. If they traded him, he can't be a steal to any team...c'mon pony, you usually make very good points.

But not this one.

Let's stop the Unitas vs Brady comparison since Johnny can't be included on this list of top draft steals. If you don't agree, I'd ask you to which team was he a steal? Certainly not the team that drafted him...thus nullifying him from consideration on this list.

Last edited:
Your point was a non-point. If they traded him, he can't be a steal to any team...c'mon pony, you usually make very good points.

But not this one.

Let's stop the Unitas vs Brady comparison since Johnny can't be included on this list of top draft steals. If you don't agree, I'd ask you to which team was he a steal? Certainly not the team that drafted him...thus nullifying him from consideration on this list.

Unitas wasn't traded until very late in his career, basically after it was done. He was released by the Steelers, never making it through his first training camp. Picked up the next year by the Colts, and sat on the bench for several games before an injury to George Shaw got him in the game. Similar to Brady, he never went back to the bench.

Unitas might be considered one of the top draft day blunders......often the media looks at blunders as #1's that don't make it, IE Leaf, but has anyone done a list of players cut by their original team, only to make it big elsewhere. In this example, there can't be anyone else that would be #1 than Johnny U, of the Baltimore (I never played in Indianapolis, so don't list me as playing there, HOF) Colts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back