PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network Top 100 - Players 21-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not bias just pointing out physical facts as i see them, and as reported. I didn't see that brought up in this discussion, and thought it might add to it. Bigger hands and longer arm length are important for a TE/WR/QB.

Michael Vick, who stands barely 6-0, has has an 8½-inch hand. However, Drew Brees, who stands just 6-0½, has a hand of 10¼. I think this gives Brees more control over the ball. They are advantages. Assuming 2 great TE's, 1-2 inches in arm length can make a big difference on the field.

Are you still saying Graham has bigger hands, despite both of the sources you cited saying he doesnt?
Also, are you still saying 1/8th of an inch of hand size has any relevance whatsoever?

I can't believe you are continuing this.
You do realize that at the combine the player is ACTUALLY MEASURED right?
You do realize that how players are listed on a roster for height and weight is a joke as far as accuracy right? Can I cite that to prove 400lb Ted Washington was really 315?

There is one fact. He was MEASURED at 6'6 1/4 at the combine. Are you telling me he shrank 1 3/4 inches from Miami to the combine, then grew 3/4s?

You are taking what HE ASKS TO BE LISTED AT on the roster, and calling that proof in the face of an actual measurement.

I can pretty well assure you that BB doesn't know, or care whether he is 6'6 1/4 as he 100% for certain was 2 years ago, or is now 6'7.

You are fighting a losing battle in this argument.

im not fighting at all andy :) if you want to believe he's 6'6 go right ahead. Good thing the combine has such amazing measuring experts, lol, while every other team Graham has EVER played on measured him completely inaccurately ,lol. Hell, I'm sure they didn't even bother to measure him at all for basket ball, college ball, saints,and if Graham would stop lying about his height this wouldnt even be a funny issue :) Im sure the combine did a fine job. All the rest of them are just nuts :)

Last edited:
im not fighting at all andy :) if you want to believe he's 6'6 go right ahead. Good thing the combine has such amazing measuring experts, lol, while every other team Graham has EVER played on measured him completely inaccurately ,lol. Hell, I'm sure they didn't even bother to measure him at all for basket ball, who cares right :)

Dude, seriously, you are way off on this.
Teams do not report MEASURED height and weight. They report what they want to, and often manipulate. Do you really think Charles Barkley was 6'6?
The combine makes and report a TRUE MEASUREMENT. Very often, it conflicts with the way the college reported the height and weight of the player, and also can conflict with the way the NFL team does.
Your argument is that Graham was measured a 6/6/1/4 and says he is 6'7 so it is naive to believe he is 6/6 1/4. If Gronk says he is 6'11 and the Patriots list him that way, did he grow 4 3/4 inches?

Dude, seriously, you are way off on this.
Teams do not report MEASURED height and weight. They report what they want to, and often manipulate. Do you really think Charles Barkley was 6'6?
The combine makes and report a TRUE MEASUREMENT. Very often, it conflicts with the way the college reported the height and weight of the player, and also can conflict with the way the NFL team does.
Your argument is that Graham was measured a 6/6/1/4 and says he is 6'7 so it is naive to believe he is 6/6 1/4. If Gronk says he is 6'11 and the Patriots list him that way, did he grow 4 3/4 inches?

Im not having an augment , we all know Graham is 6'7 ,because College football, basket ball, the saints measure him, and he says he's 6'7.
Your argument is only the combine say he's 6'6. Thats 4 source to your 1 andy.
Check the height .
New Orleans Saints | Roster

Your saying were all wrong, and the combine sets the gold standard for measuring. Graham is 6'7

Im not having an augment , we all know Graham is 6'7 ,because College football, basket ball, the saints measure him, and he says he's 6'7.
Your argument is only the combine say he's 6'6. Thats 4 source to your 1 andy.
Check the height .
New Orleans Saints | Roster

Your saying were all wrong, and the combine sets the gold standard for measuring. Graham is 6'7

I'm sayin the combine is right and the other sources have no requirement of accuracy.
I can easily see why they would round 6/6 1/4 up.
There is only one VERIFIED measurement.
Your sources also say he used to be 6'8. Did he shrink.

Once again. He was actually measured once.
Teams do not report verified measurements.
You are way to smart to be playing so aloof on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it on good authority that Gronk is really 6'8".

I'm sayin the combine is right and the other sources have no requirement of accuracy.
I can easily see why they would round 6/6 1/4 up.
There is only one VERIFIED measurement.
Your sources also say he used to be 6'8. Did he shrink.

Once again. He was actually measured once.
Teams do not report verified measurements.
You are way to smart to be playing so aloof on this.

Ive seen him in person andy his 2 inches over Colston , easy. He's probably a little taller than 6'7, I always thought. I don't know maybe they measured him with shoes on :) , but you don't exaggerate by 2 inches, thats just silly.
And with out seeing how guys are measured at the combine, Im not sure I would be giving them the VERIFIED tag,lol.
Like we all believe the USDA is checking everything.
It's fine with me if you want him to be 6'6 and we all think he's 6'7. Youll see for yourself if we scrimmage. Just see what he looks like when he chats with Gronk, or Ballard, Gallary. Then youll know

Last edited:
Ive seen him in person andy his 2 inches over Colston , easy. He's probably a little taller than 6'7, I always thought. I don't know maybe they measured him with shoes on :) , but you don't exaggerate by 2 inches, thats just silly.
And with out seeing how guys are measured at the combine, Im not sure I would be giving them the VERIFIED tag,lol.
It's fine with me if you want him to be 6'6 and we all think he's 6'7. Youll see for yourself if we scrimmage. Just see what he looks like when he chats with Gronk, or Ballard, Gallary. Then youll know

No offense bud, but eyeballing him next to another receiver who you aren't sure of his height either doesn't count as a another accurate source. Andy is right, the combine is the only true measurement we can trust. Teams say what they want to. That includes college football and basketball teams who aren't held to any standards. The combine spits out the numbers their instruments tell them and would benefit nobody by lying.

Last edited:

Now you are saying that you believe what he says he is over an actual official measurement because you don't know how they measure?
They measure by using a measuring device and taking a measurement of the height of the player.
Excuse me if I believe that is more accurate than you seeing him in person.

Even if you were correct, Gronk measured the EXACT SAME at the combine.
EXACTLY the same. So if you want to believe Graham is 6'7 then Gronk is too.

YOU are the one who brought measurables into it CITING THE COMBINE NUMBERS. How can any of them be considered viable if they can't even figure out how to take a height measurement?

The point to start with, is that your argument is tainted when you show proof they are the same height, then state Graham has a height advantage on top of showing Gronk has larger hands and saying Graham has an advantage is hand size.
I don't know why you cannot just accept that you were wrong.

Now you are saying that you believe what he says he is over an actual official measurement because you don't know how they measure?
They measure by using a measuring device and taking a measurement of the height of the player.
Excuse me if I believe that is more accurate than you seeing him in person.

Even if you were correct, Gronk measured the EXACT SAME at the combine.
EXACTLY the same. So if you want to believe Graham is 6'7 then Gronk is too.

YOU are the one who brought measurables into it CITING THE COMBINE NUMBERS. How can any of them be considered viable if they can't even figure out how to take a height measurement?

The point to start with, is that your argument is tainted when you show proof they are the same height, then state Graham has a height advantage on top of showing Gronk has larger hands and saying Graham has an advantage is hand size.
I don't know why you cannot just accept that you were wrong.

Your right andy by your belief, seeing that everyone lies but the combine, its possible colston is a 4ft 11 white guy for all we know,lol. That would make Graham 5'1.

Graham over Gronk? Wow what a joke! How do they justify that? In what legitimate and important ways is Graham better than Gronk that would validate this?
Graham isn't a Patriot. If he were, he'd have finished second instead of Gronk

Your right andy by your belief, seeing that everyone lies but the combine, its possible colston is a 4ft 11 white guy for all we know,lol. That would make Graham 5'1.

Now you are being foolish.
The combine is EXACT. Other measurements as you show with your own reports conflicting are not.
I don't know why you can't understand that.

No, but according to the combine Colston was 6' 4 1/2". That would make Graham 6' 6 1/2" by your estimate. The combine measured him at 6' 6 1/4" - close enough for margin of error by your visual estimate.

For Christ sake, give it up. We're not talking penis size here.

No, but according to the combine Colston was 6' 4 1/2". That would make Graham 6' 6 1/2" by your estimate. The combine measured him at 6' 6 1/4" - close enough for margin of error by your visual estimate.

Gronk is really 5'10". His penis makes him look 6'7".

It is close. Graham has the 2nd best season ever by a TE.
Lets remember though, these are the same voters that put Tim Tebow in the top 100, among many other horrendous gaffes.
Missing the TE order by a few spots is one of the least egregious mistakes in this poll.

10 characters

I gave up a long time ago :) Im right, but around thread 5 I was just having fun with it. You know me better than that mayoclinic,lol.
When my post becomes about height for 4 threads, and not about the stats or comments I made, I know its not a serious discussion. :)
kudos to eagle eye , he tried to stay on topic.

Last edited:
#30 Roethlisberger
#29 Harrison
#28 Gore
#27 Matthews
#26 Peppers

So we got at least 3 in the top 25...

But, why does that matter to us. Is there anyone on here who takes seriously the judgment of the folks who compiled this list? I mean maybe the players themselves pay attention to it because of their competitive nature, but why do we care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back