PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network to announce Pro Bowlers 9 PM ET, 12/27

Sucks to see Gost not make it but, this has been an insane year for kickers. Versus last year where a lot of guys struggled. Gost would have been a pro bowler easier in almost any other year.

Should of been Gost and Tucker at kicker. Hopefully Gost earns All Pro honors instead.

Looking forward to the Pats hater tantrums over Brady making the roster.

The same folk that squeal like little schoolchildren when Brady backs out of the pro bowl every year. LOL....

What has that got to do with anything? It's an opinion, which everyone is entitled to. For me, when Brandon Meriweather made it I knew all I had to know about the Pro Bowl. Means diddly-squat unless it's a contract incentive item. Just an opinion, once again.

Sorry, more directed at people who are always complaining they should get rid of it. If people hate it so much then they should just not bother watching it. Pro Bowl is NOWAY near as bad as NBA all stars. Allen Iverson and Yao Ming got voted in when they didn't play a single game all season. Hell, Rondo has 110k votes and he hasn't played yet.

I don't watch the Pro Bowl because it's a joke. Most of the top players won't be there anyway, and especially no one from either Superbowl team.

Time to just hand out an award & cash bonus of an NFL equivalent to the "All American" College system and be done with it.

Sorry, more directed at people who are always complaining they should get rid of it. If people hate it so much then they should just not bother watching it. Pro Bowl is NOWAY near as bad as NBA all stars. Allen Iverson and Yao Ming got voted in when they didn't play a single game all season. Hell, Rondo has 110k votes and he hasn't played yet.
Hey, I'm not begrudging anyone who likes the Pro Bowl or makes it. It just seems to me that loads of players make it at one time or another and I question its validity as a prestigious honor. I love the NFL, NBA and MLB, but haven't watched any of their All Star games in years. Not an NHL fan, but what have the scores of those All Star games been recently? Anyway, none of them touch my meaningful meter, but that's just me.

Gostkowski was robbed. :mad:

At least there is still the All-Pro, and he really should get that.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I'm sure that a nice, fat contract extension would assuage any hurt feelings. :)

Re some of the injured guys:

• Gronk is a Pro Bowl lock any year he's healthy.
  • Wilfork is better (and known to be so) than some of the guys who made it.
  • Mayo will have trouble making Pro Bowls in the future, since he is now an OLB, but doesn't rack up the sacks.

I have no comment on the OTs.

Oh, even though I started this thread, I guess I have to agree with Chris Price, who put it ever so eloquently:

All I know is Brandon Meriweather has as many Pro Bowl appearances as Rodney Harrison. Tells you all you need to know.

Anyone know who are the 1st/2nd Alternates and if any of them are patriots?

Anyone know who are the 1st/2nd Alternates and if any of them are patriots?

No; they get announced as people pull out/become unavailable. They just go down the list.

[And, for the record, the rule is that players are only Pro Bowlers if (A) they are initially named, or (B) attend the game. So Gostkowski can only be a Pro Bowler if he actually makes the trip.]

Just a heads-up.

I expect Gostkowski will make it, but beyond that, who knows.

Remember, though, that players are now competing league-wide (i.e., instead of 1 kicker/conference, it's 2 for the entire league).

How does that work? Does somebody call shirts or skins?

How does that work? Does somebody call shirts or skins?

They're going to have a "fantasy-like" draft to pick teams. :bricks:

No congrats for Aqib Talib?

Congrats!

They're going to have a "fantasy-like" draft to pick teams. :bricks:

I understand that part, but what do the two teams represent?

I admit this might be too stupid to explain. It used to be NFC against the AFC.

Now it's going to be ___ against ___.

I understand that part, but what do the two teams represent?

I admit this might be too stupid to explain. It used to be NFC against the AFC.

Now it's going to be ___ against ___.

Apparently, "Team Jerry Rice" versus "Team Deion Sanders."

Biggest Patriots Pro Bowl Snubs!

The Pro Bowl like most all-star games in pro sports is a freaking joke, you see some of the names and it is just a popularity or name recognition contest.

These Patriots got robbed in my opinion:

Chandler Jones – If 75 combined tackles, 11.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 6 stuffs, 1 blocked kick and 1 return for a touchdown with 1 game left to play doesn’t earn you a Pro Bowl trip I don’t know what can. He has outplayed Suggs and Wake this season.
Devin McCourty – He has outplayed Polamalu, Weddle and Byrd this season; in my opinion McCourty and Earl Thomas are 1A and 1B for best safety in the NFL, Polamalu is laughable he was good in 2005.
Rob Ninkovich – He leads all DEs with 86 combined tackles, this guy is going to finish with close to 100 tackles and he plays with his hand down most snaps that is impressive. Take a look at the DEs going to the Pro Bowl and the tackles they have this season Ninkovich and Jones make plays all over the field they don’t just sack the QB.

I would have listed Edelman but there are a lot of great WRs in the NFL right now so I can see why he was left off. He is deserving of recognition just the same. Solder could also have the case made for him to be on the squad.

Biggest Patriots Pro Bowl Snubs!

The Pro Bowl like most all-star games in pro sports is a freaking joke, you see some of the names and it is just a popularity or name recognition contest.

These Patriots got robbed in my opinion:

Chandler Jones – If 75 combined tackles, 11.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 6 stuffs, 1 blocked kick and 1 return for a touchdown with 1 game left to play doesn’t earn you a Pro Bowl trip I don’t know what can. He has outplayed Suggs and Wake this season.
Devin McCourty – He has outplayed Polamalu, Weddle and Byrd this season; in my opinion McCourty and Earl Thomas are 1A and 1B for best safety in the NFL, Polamalu is laughable he was good in 2005.
Rob Ninkovich – He leads all DEs with 86 combined tackles, this guy is going to finish with close to 100 tackles and he plays with his hand down most snaps that is impressive. Take a look at the DEs going to the Pro Bowl and the tackles they have this season Ninkovich and Jones make plays all over the field they don’t just sack the QB.

I would have listed Edelman but there are a lot of great WRs in the NFL right now so I can see why he was left off. He is deserving of recognition just the same. Solder could also have the case made for him to be on the squad.

I agree that Chandler Jones is a major snub, he has absolutely outplayed Suggs and Wake is a one dimensional player.

Polamalu is still getting in because people like his hair, and I'd put McCourty in over both he and Byrd. But I think Weddle is one of the most complete defensive backs in the NFL so no harm there.

Ninkovich is a lunch pail guy that we Pats fans have to appreciate, because he will likely never get the credit he deserves unless he has a big sack number season, similar to how Vrabel only made the Pro Bowl one time, when he was rushing the passer the entire game because the 07 Pats were destroying teams.

Another mockery of voting makes the pro bowl a joke once again. The game itself doesn't need any help, however when you have casual to clueless fans with access to the internet this is what you get. Suggs? Polamalu? Really? At any rate, I'm not watching the game anyway so who really cares in the end.

No congrats for Aqib Talib?

Congrats!

Talib's year has been an interesting one.

First few games he was playing at a very high level. Then he got hurt.

Then he had some rough games vs Smith and Gordon (but vs Gordon, who doesn't).

Past couple of games hes been dominant again. Read somewhere that for the season he allows 1 catch for every 11 snaps and 1.41 YAC. Pretty damn good IMO.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back