Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I can't lie, I got this from an opposing team's website. But even their fans were scratching their heads at the mention of the '07 Pats and '70's Steelers receivers being left off the official NFLN list for Greatest Receiving Corps. of all time. Here is the list as copied and pasted from the site:

10. 2000's Colts- Harrison, Wayne, Clark, James
9. Vikings- Moss, Carter, Reed
8. Redskins- Clark, Monk, Sanders
7. Dolphins- Clayton, Duper
6. 70's Raiders Corps
5. 60's Redskins Corps
4. 80's 49ers- Taylor, Rice
3. 50's Rams
2. Greatest Show on Turf- Bruce, Holt, Faulk
1. Chargers- Joyner, Jefferson, Winslow, Chandler

Forgetting us for a second, the Greatest Show on Turf should overtake the 80's Chargers for the #1 spot.

We broke NFL record with our 07 receivers and we were not mentioned.? You gotta be kidding me. I'm speechless.

I wonder if ESPN is the only network who is unfair and unbalance.?

I think that show/article was made PRIOR to the 2007 season,It could have been made a year or two ago,Thats why..

Also there might be criteria where you had to have had the same receiving corps for at least a few years together.

One year does not make or define a great receiving core and already a part of the corps is gone.

Last edited:
I think that show/article was made PRIOR to the 2007 season,It could have been made a year or two ago,Thats why..

Also there might be criteria where you had to have had the same receiving corps for at least a few years together.

One year does not make or define a great receiving core and already a part of the corps is gone.
What? You think our WR corps was defined by Stallworth?

No, it was actually done after the 2007 season apparently. That was my first thought as well though.

The Pats are of '07 are not going to be remembered as one of the greatest of all time for the same reason Marino isn't. Didn't win the big one.

The Pats are of '07 are not going to be remembered as one of the greatest of all time for the same reason Marino isn't. Didn't win the big one.

LOL, neither did #1 on that list OR #7.

This wr group has only been together for one year. If they redo this top 10 list a few years from now, I would expect it to be there.

Last edited:
I can't lie, I got this from an opposing team's website. But even their fans were scratching their heads at the mention of the '07 Pats and '70's Steelers receivers being left off the official NFLN list for Greatest Receiving Corps. of all time. Here is the list as copied and pasted from the site:

6. 70's Raiders Corps
5. 60's Redskins Corps
3. 50's Rams

Forgetting us for a second, the Greatest Show on Turf should overtake the 80's Chargers for the #1 spot.
When I was watching this show I thought "dang, who's number one if the 'Greatest Show on Turf' is number 2?". I was pleasantly surprised to find the Chargers #1. There are two HOFers in Winslow and Joiner but, dang, those Rams; tough to vote against anyone being better than them. As for the '07 Patriots WR corp, I think they'll have to get a few more years under their belt to be included in the top 10. Obviously the Patriots Receiving Corp's season this year ranks as one of the all time greats in NFL history. However, the criteria, I'm sure, considered longevity. One year does not equal longevity.

sdfan

This wr group has only been together for one year. If they redo this top 10 list a few years from now, I would expect it to be there.

Bingo. I saw that special and that's all I could figure for the reason for the exclusion of TB,RM and WW.

I would take the Chargers #1 as well. They were pretty amazing. I'd also take the Vikings squad over the Rams.

When I was watching this show I thought "dang, who's number one if the 'Greatest Show on Turf' is number 2?". I was pleasantly surprised to find the Chargers #1. There are two HOFers in Winslow and Joiner but, dang, those Rams; tough to vote against anyone being better than them. As for the '07 Patriots WR corp, I think they'll have to get a few more years under their belt to be included in the top 10. Obviously the Patriots Receiving Corp's season this year ranks as one of the all time greats in NFL history. However, the criteria, I'm sure, considered longevity. One year does not equal longevity.

sdfan
You know, I can just easily imagine you saying, "...dang..." Are you sure you're not an Indiana goober?

I think its fair that they aren't on that list. Look at it. Those are some deep squads. On the other hand the 07 pats had Moss and an up until this year unknown Welker. Those teams had three to four start quality players each.

They mentioned the pats, but said something along the lines of (Paraphrasing) "It takes more than a one year wonder to make our list. blah, yadda, blah longevity, yadda yadda."

I think its fair that they aren't on that list. Look at it. Those are some deep squads. On the other hand the 07 pats had Moss and an up until this year unknown Welker. Those teams had three to four start quality players each.

I think that if everyone stays healthy for the next few years, and continues to produce, obviously, then you will see the Pats on the list.

Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Jackson, Thomas, Faulk, Watson, Maroney...the potential is there to have a very potent passing attack at all of the offensive skill positions.

I think that if everyone stays healthy for the next few years, and continues to produce, obviously, then you will see the Pats on the list.

Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Jackson, Thomas, Faulk, Watson, Maroney...the potential is there to have a very potent passing attack at all of the offensive skill positions.

Possibly but as it stands now after Moss and Welker the rest just don't compare. An argument could be made for Faulk but the rest are interchangable. And even in the case of Welker, this was his only one great year. As has always been the case with this run, the offense production has been about the QB and not necessarily the WRs, Moss is the obvious exception but he is only one.

The more I think of it, the more I agree with NFL Network. Give it a couple of years and then maybe we can talk.

6. 70's Raiders Corps
5. 60's Redskins Corps
3. 50's Rams

I watched the show and they mention the 2007 team and how incredible they were, but the critieria was based on more than one season playing together - I think they said that if they stayed together (Tom and Randy) that they would make the list.

Maybe I'm just difference but, in a pass first offense last year, we set just about every record for that side of the ball that there is to be set. If Moss and Carter can make the list for Minnesota (that was for 1998, by the way, even though they stuck together longer) then New England's crop from last year can certainly make the list.

You know, I can just easily imagine you saying, "...dang..." Are you sure you're not an Indiana goober?
Nope, I'm a San Diego environs goober.

sdfan

the argument is Are you on the list because of your accomplishment or being with a good team the longest.?

If you look for accomplishment, 07 receivers stands out as #1. Unfortunately, being with a team for a long time is hard in a salary cap situation unless the players don't want to play for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes