PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network segment on Vick yesterday pointed to one team - The Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way that Kraft allows the Patriots to sign Vick due to public relations backlash. I agree that the Wildcat game was just awful, but BB knows how to defend it now. I can see the Patriots instituting the Wildcat just so teams have to take time during the week to prepare for it, but the ball needs to be in Brady's hands as much as possible, so I can't see it being used too much.

Never say never - but I agree with this dude. It seems to me that Kraft would be reluctant to go in this direction to avoid public backlash.

If we sign Vick we will be known as Raiders East or Bengals North (sort of close proximity anyway:))

The only way Vick comes to NE is if Vick decides to give up on being a QB which will never happen. He would have to agree to a slash role like Kordell Stewart. Not only does Vick want to be a QB, he wants to be a starting QB.

The offense would have to completely change if Vick was on the QB depth chart and he was forced into action. Vick running the Pats offense would be a joke. We had this conversation last year when people wanted to sign Daunte.

I believe Vick will end up as a Raider at the end of the day. He fits the Raider image perfectly which is more important than substance in Al Davis eyes.

I agree with this. IF Vick comes back, and that's a HUGE if, in my book, then he's either headed to the Raiders or the Jets. Those two teams have nothing else to lose, and he would fit in with either team's image perfectly. There might also be a spot for him in Detroit, but, again, he has to be able to be reinstated first, and without that, everything else is just a SWAG.

respects,

It took his column to reach that conclusion? ;)

Plus he's not particularly bright about Mr. Kraft:

The $128,000 question is, would Patriots owner Robert Kraft go along with adding Vick, given the consumer-based products his companies sell to the masses?

As we've pointed out before, Kraft doesn't sell Mac & Cheese. . . .

Last edited:
Plus he's not particularly bright about Mr. Kraft:

As we've pointed out before, Kraft doesn't sell Mac & Cheese. . . .
Nope pigskins and wrapping papers.

It took his column to reach that conclusion? ;)

Well,Not really,I knew he was a goofball but this column solidifies everything.

Maybe he has stock in Vick merchandise and hopes the stock will rise again if Vick behaves himself :rolleyes:

Well,Not really,I knew he was a goofball but this column solidifies everything.

Maybe he has stock in Vick merchandise and hopes the stock will rise again if Vick behaves himself :rolleyes:
It's not his "stock" in Vick... :blush:

It's not his "stock" in Vick... :blush:

That's just not right... funny, but just not right... :)

I never knew Dukes spent time in prison... :rolleyes:

Maybe if Brady started off rusty it would make sense but I wouldn't get him other wise, even though I don't hate Vick, there just isn't a reason for him to be here...

Maybe if Brady started off rusty it would make sense but I wouldn't get him other wise, even though I don't hate Vick, there just isn't a reason for him to be here...

Even then it wouldn't make sense. He'll be suspended for at the very least 4 games. (probably closer to 8) Teams in a position of immediate need would likely look elsewhere.

Even then it wouldn't make sense. He'll be suspended for at the very least 4 games. (probably closer to 8) Teams in a position of immediate need would likely look elsewhere.

I guess that's true, but I think if he is truly sorry Goodell won't make him wait another 4 games since he's already been out two years...I think we should just leave him out of NE's plans to avoid any trouble...

That's just not right... funny, but just not right... :)

I never knew Dukes spent time in prison... :rolleyes:
But he played for Atlanta...
th_coffee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey