PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network replay of Pats - Ravens game

Status
Not open for further replies.
He put stats before winning the damn game. I hope BB reamed him out in the film room. :mad:

Doubt he needed to. Brady said he was up all night because of that play and I doubt he was thinking " gee, can't wait to lob that one up again!"

no NFLN network, anyone see the scoreboard was playing tricks on the kicker?:rolleyes:

:bricks::bricks::bricks:

Last edited:
2nd and 3 and we couldnt get a first down...:mad:

sergio brown..hahahaha

I'm at work, unable to watch. But I'm getting nervous all over again just watching all of your comments here!

nantz and simms cheering ravens on...

people who used to complain why pats dont blitz in the end of the game ...got burned right there

raven playcalling even worse from 2nd and 1. No ray rice ?

LOL at the Ravens ready to celebrate and the pass was incomplete.

LOL matt light

Was Light tebowing over there on the bench before Cundiff's shank?!

Last edited:
Doubt he needed to. Brady said he was up all night because of that play and I doubt he was thinking " gee, can't wait to lob that one up again!"

I actually don't think it was Stats per se but wanted to get one over Pollard. He made it personal there.

no NFLN network, anyone see the scoreboard was playing tricks on the kicker?:rolleyes:

The TV doesn't show the scoreboard. It does show the on-field dial-a-down markers, which are OFFICIAL (the scoreboard is not).

They were 100% correct at all times.

2 things.

People blaming all the DBs for not having the ability to stick with those receivers are a little off. I've only been to a few games this year, but each time, it's been the same thing. Our safeties are confused often. They are talking to themselves about the correct calls right up to the snap, they are out of the view of the TV screen arguing. They don't know the calls. They are panicking. Quite simply, Chung and Ihedigbo have not played long enough together. So, it may look like Chung is biting on play fakes, but on that long Boldin run at the end and the bomb that Flacco connected on (but really blew because it should have been a TD) it wasn't a matter of biting, but of being on the wrong side of the field and just not covering people at all.

The Patriots safeties are making mental errors BEFORE the snap.

Second thing, on the Boldin fumble out of bounds. I didn't realize that the TV broadcast didn't catch this because they went to replay, but the referees badly screwed up the clock. When the ball rolled out of bounds, the clock was at :44 but the one ref wound his arm like Boldin was down in bounds. The clock should have been running. Ten seconds past, and a ref started waving his arm like crazy to start the clock, and just then the clock started. That's why you see CBS going to an instant replay and then after they show the Boldin fumble they come back to the action and the clock is only showing :39 whereas it should have been down to :29. I can't understand why the ref who noticed time had stopped didn't blow his whistle and correct things. It probably would have meant that the Ravens go for the FG on 3rd down instead of the throw to Pitta that Moore knocked away.

I'm not complaining about the result obviously, but if the Ravens had scored a TD on 3rd or 4th down, we would have been pissed.

2 things.

People blaming all the DBs for not having the ability to stick with those receivers are a little off. I've only been to a few games this year, but each time, it's been the same thing. Our safeties are confused often. They are talking to themselves about the correct calls right up to the snap, they are out of the view of the TV screen arguing. They don't know the calls. They are panicking. Quite simply, Chung and Ihedigbo have not played long enough together. So, it may look like Chung is biting on play fakes, but on that long Boldin run at the end and the bomb that Flacco connected on (but really blew because it should have been a TD) it wasn't a matter of biting, but of being on the wrong side of the field and just not covering people at all.

The Patriots safeties are making mental errors BEFORE the snap.

Second thing, on the Boldin fumble out of bounds. I didn't realize that the TV broadcast didn't catch this because they went to replay, but the referees badly screwed up the clock. When the ball rolled out of bounds, the clock was at :44 but the one ref wound his arm like Boldin was down in bounds. The clock should have been running. Ten seconds past, and a ref started waving his arm like crazy to start the clock, and just then the clock started. That's why you see CBS going to an instant replay and then after they show the Boldin fumble they come back to the action and the clock is only showing :39 whereas it should have been down to :29. I can't understand why the ref who noticed time had stopped didn't blow his whistle and correct things. It probably would have meant that the Ravens go for the FG on 3rd down instead of the throw to Pitta that Moore knocked away.

I'm not complaining about the result obviously, but if the Ravens had scored a TD on 3rd or 4th down, we would have been pissed.

Good observations.

The TV doesn't show the scoreboard. It does show the on-field dial-a-down markers, which are OFFICIAL (the scoreboard is not).

They were 100% correct at all times.

Cundiff has PTSD, probably seeing pink elephants after that mess. Wonder what the shortest missed field goal attempt in playoff history is?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes