PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network gushing over BB and the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFL network gussing over BB and the Pats

Am I the only one on this board who likes ESPN?

I usually like ESPN's coverage, but it was brutal this year. Berman was horrible misprouncing names, and looking bored as hell. Steve Young is way too stiff, and Meyshawn was so annoying. The guy does not shutup. I like Kiper alot, but they didn't use him as much this year. You can see he didn't look to happy about it. McShay is good, but he is a little to arogant for my taste.

I would have like to seen the draft panel consist of Kiper, Jaws, Tre Wingo, and Trent Dilfer. The panel they had this year was brutal, and had no chemistry whatsoever.

Dilfer said - I don't know anyone over in that organization but they do EVERYTHING better than every other team: Free Agency, draft, trades, coaching, training, rehab. They are THE model franchise and Jackson said he would NOT want to be the Buffalo Bills on opening night - they're going to be looking to send a message all year long that they're back and better than ever.

See, that's just more mindless drivel analysis from ESPN. Anyone who thinks that just one franchise is in a league of its own is an idiot. And, as far as opening night, I'm sure the Pats will be trying to win a game, not send "messages".

Am I the only one on this board who likes ESPN?

No, but there aren't many. (i can't stand ESPN) ESPN has some good people...for instance; Berman, McShay, Dilfer, and I ever like Keyshawn. The main problem is that they are overrun with idiots and it overpowers the good guys they have. The Crypt-keeper anchors their NFL coverage with Mort not far behind, Kiper for the draft, ect... (Joe Morgan on Sunday Night Baseball).

I would flip to ESPN when NFLN was on a commercial, and their draft coverage was just terrible. There was zero analysis that I saw, just guys (mainly Kiper) reading and repeating stats from their college career and the combine (mostly the combine). NFLN had good guys doing analysis of the player, what he brings to the table, how he will transfer to the NFL.....and how he can help that team with what he brings, ect.... Far superior coverage in my opinion. In addition I much prefer the gameday coverage on NFLN with Eisen, Mooch, and Deion over ESPN.

The one thing ESPN has going for them now is that Adam Schefter is leaving NFLN and coming to ESPN....and he brings a lot of credibility with him.

Thought NFLN network did a good job, not as shiny as ESPN.. also thought that they tried to understand what BB was doing, really liked the small snippet when they went into the "war" room... not a big fan of Gruden, he knows the ins and outs but reminds me of some "B" grade movie with the name of Chuckie.

Gruden does well on TV

Anybody hear him yesterday talking up Paul Kruger??

"Kruger reminds me of Freddie Krgger, don't look back cuz he's still chasing you down"

Something like that, pretty funny

He also said Seymour is the largest man around, just don't make many like that

Both those were hilarious I was switching back and forth but liked NFLN better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes