PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network gushing over BB and the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Man...the love we are getting. Nice to hear!

Re: NFL network gussing over BB and the Pats

I don't have NFLN. What are they saying?

Figures, I've had NFLN on since the draft started and finally shut it off just before this.

Thanks for telling us what they said? :rolleyes:

Man...the love we are getting. Nice to hear!

They are just giving us high praise because they don't want to look like jackasses next year like 1/2 the people on this board and espn usually do the following year.

The last time that I tuned in they were gushing over Sanchez. I must have missed this.

On a side note, NFLN is so much better in draft coverage than ESPN (no big surprise i know). I like actually hearing analysis of the picks and how they will fit in the NFL, rather than Kiper reading off the stats and what he did at the combine.

They had a glimpse into the Patriots "War Room", and they had Gruden help explain how a situation like the trade combo that netted the guard from Pitt can happen. They also talked about the Patriots being able to take 'luxury picks' because of the way they work the draft to get more players at lower salaries.

You guys don't have NFL network...WOW. Sorry you are stuck with ESPN.

They have Gruden on and 4 others. Too many guys but good coverage.
They miss the picks because they are all talking about the last subject so the picks are slow to be announced.
All weekend we have been spoken about and I have not heard one negative comment.
Basically; they have been saying how BB and co are so good at the draft. They didn't see what they wanted in the early rounds and smartly moved back and get more picks and the players they want in the later rounds for better value. One of them said; so why don't all the teams do what the Pats do? Because they don't have BB. They all have said we are the Best at running the draft and know how to move up and down depending on what we want to so.
Really; no team has gotten better ink that us.

It's fascinating how Rich Eisen marvels over the "turn 3rds into next years seconds" concept.

I wonder if we tried to turn this years seconds into next years firsts?

Considering we do this every year, it amazes me people can't figure this out. However, since we are diligent getting "old guys" in free agency, we don't have to reach at this point.

You guys don't have NFL network...WOW. Sorry you are stuck with ESPN.

They have Gruden on and 4 others. Too many guys but good coverage.
They miss the picks because they are all talking about the last subject so the picks are slow to be announced.
All weekend we have been spoken about and I have not heard one negative comment.
Basically; they have been saying how BB and co are so good at the draft. They didn't see what they wanted in the early rounds and smartly moved back and get more picks and the players they want in the later rounds for better value. One of them said; so why don't all the teams do what the Pats do? Because they don't have BB. They all have said we are the Best at running the draft and know how to move up and down depending on what we want to so.
Really; no team has gotten better ink that us.

I have had them on the entire time and they only made one negitive comment about any team at any time and that was of Oakland's first two picks and then today they reversed themselves today.

Every single team has vastly improved their team and will be strong contenders to win the SB!

Me thinks the NFL told their spokesmen to only complement every team.

Last edited:

Gruden does well on TV

Anybody hear him yesterday talking up Paul Kruger??

"Kruger reminds me of Freddie Krgger, don't look back cuz he's still chasing you down"

Something like that, pretty funny

He also said Seymour is the largest man around, just don't make many like that

Yeah, it was great to hear them compliment our organization. But did you guys hear what TOm Jackson, Trent Dilfer, and Chris Carter said about our team for this upcoming year? Yeah, they were all over us.

On a side note, NFLN is so much better in draft coverage than ESPN (no big surprise i know). I like actually hearing analysis of the picks and how they will fit in the NFL, rather than Kiper reading off the stats and what he did at the combine.

I totally agree. I enjoyed hearing the analysis and the reasons for why they thought what they thought. It was very different than the self-assured, almost god-like pronouncements that are often heard on aroun draft time at ESPN.

Couldn't help myself but turned over to ESPN for a short while later in the day.

Talk about gushing over the pats. Suzie Kolber, Dilfer, Chris Carter and "They hate their coach" were going crazy over how good next years edition of the Pats is going to be.

Dilfer said - I don't know anyone over in that organization but they do EVERYTHING better than every other team: Free Agency, draft, trades, coaching, training, rehab. They are THE model franchise and Jackson said he would NOT want to be the Buffalo Bills on opening night - they're going to be looking to send a message all year long that they're back and better than ever.

Good stuff.

Couldn't help myself but turned over to ESPN for a short while later in the day.

Talk about gushing over the pats. Suzie Kolber, Dilfer, Chris Carter and "They hate their coach" were going crazy over how good next years edition of the Pats is going to be.

Dilfer said - I don't know anyone over in that organization but they do EVERYTHING better than every other team: Free Agency, draft, trades, coaching, training, rehab. They are THE model franchise and Jackson said he would NOT want to be the Buffalo Bills on opening night - they're going to be looking to send a message all year long that they're back and better than ever.

Good stuff.

LMAO, they are definately trying hard to get back in our good graces. :D
I mean the fans.
I will STILL boycott that Network, but this is FUNNY!:D

Last edited:

This is my first year with NFLN and the one point I heard them discussing about the Patriots and why they are sooo good at the draft was simple. A good explanation and reason to really thank the Krafts for putting the Patriots in a good spot.

Basically, the reason we are so good at the draft is because we can be patient, we have stability that a lot of other teams don't. The other teams are trying to make moves to make an impact THIS year. While the Patriots can make moves to improve this year, but they are always looking ahead to the next year also. Some organizations don't have that luxury because they have first-time head coaches, etc. Perfect example is the Jets.. they basically had what 3 picks, they moved up to 5 to grab Sanchez, who many people thought shouldn't even come out, including his own coach. Then they move up and give up a lot to grab a running back on Day 2. Rex Ryan and Tannebaum are trying to make moves now, and not worrying about the future, they have to lay it all out now. So they give up a lot for two players, where as the Patriots, can take some folks in those rounds and develop them, especially along the lines, where we know teams are made. They grabbed a bunch of O-lineman to develop and some young DTs too.

They still have more picks for next year, which can be dealt for impact players or more draft picks, flexibilty and options.

That is basically what I heard when I was watching, and I guess I just never have thought of it that way, I forget sometimes that we are lucky to have the Krafts and BB running things.. man I sound like a huge ballwasher right now, but I think we all need to remember that our organization is really one of the best.

Am I the only one on this board who likes ESPN?

No wonder everyone hates the Patriots.

It's like hearing about the dude who banged your girl everywhere. I love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey