PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network - Gumbel & Collinsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand Gumbel's voice, can not stand it. I don't care how bad he is with his football knowledge, there are plenty of announcers like that.

But the voice....it's not strong enough, and it's way too screechy sounding.

I like Keith Olbermann. His TV show is funny, even if a little too politically skewed for me, and I think he's got decent delivery.

His appearance on SNF, however, is a match made in hell. He's cringe-worthy, as Simmons would say. Even Bob Costas had to make excuses for him last sunday, that's how bad it was. The man brings nothing to the table there, he's filler until next season I think.

Can we agree that pompous & blackboard screeching gumball & collinsworth stink at covering Games?

Also I hate the NBC SNF crowd too Tiki, OLberwoman drive me nuts. Tiki says nothing controversial except about coughlin and olderwoman tries to
be controversial and fails!!!

LAME

Sorry Merge with other thread did not see

I never liked Gumbel on anything. I'm not even crazy about Greg but, Chris Collinsworth is my favorite game time talking head. I'm always very glad to hear when he will be doing a Pats game.

For the love of football, replace Gumbel with ANYBODY. Put Deion in or something!

First I got to say that I like the NFLN, Deion Sanders is hilarious. I cant stand Chris Colinsworth and Gumble though, both of their voices drive me crazy, Colinsworth sounds like a pompous ass, and Gumble sounds like kermit the frog, which I believe somebody already mentioned.

This crap goes on the political board. For your info people hate Olberman because he is a weenie little girl.

Never thought I would see an Olberman apologist. You are completely wrong; people hate Olberman becuase he's terrible and brings nothing to the broadcast. Do we really need to know who his opinion of who the 'wost person in sports' is? I guess NBC brought him on there becuase every other show he does tanks, but he won't be able to bring down football! I don't even watch the pregame/halftime/postgame shows on NBC anymore...Costas, Madden, and Michaels are fine but the rest are terrible. (although Collinsworth is ok as a color analyst)

Nice try ripping republicans on the main board
Sorry, I know you guys were saying something else, but all I heard was tax cut tax cut tax cut.

I never liked Gumbel on anything. I'm not even crazy about Greg but, Chris Collinsworth is my favorite game time talking head. I'm always very glad to hear when he will be doing a Pats game.

Wow do I feel like an idiot. I read (and cut and pasted) Chris Collinsworth but, for some reason I was thinking Phil Simms. No idea how that brain fart happened. But, clearly as some of my previous posts state I have no love for Chris Collinsworth.

I cant stand Gumbel he looks scared in the booth.
He is so bad that i just change the channel sometimes

100 % Agree!

Gumbel has got to receive the award for worst game/television personalities on-air and Collinsworth is not far behind. Keith Oberman should stay with the real news because his coverage of sports makes me dread watching sports. He reminds me of Dennis Miller's MNF monologues or soapboxing (but I like Miller's new show on Versus).

And furthermore, dump the retired players from the Profootball coverage.... Marshall Faulk, Deion Sanders, Emmitt Smith (go back to dancing), Key-yawn Johnson (purposely an idiot), Steve Young, and even Ditka.

One that I do like... Eric Allen.

Deion and Keyshawn are pretty good

Im surprise nobody mentioned shanon Sharp.
I just cant stand that guy, cant even speak right. he spits when he talks.

Sorry, I know you guys were saying something else, but all I heard was tax cut tax cut tax cut.

you're actually the first person I've heard say they like olberman, and I can't imagine every football fan I know is a closet republican.

then again, I've never heard anyone say they don't like mike tirico either. he's so completely inoffensive... what's there to dislike? plus, he has a great voice.

madden and michaels are by far my favorites, I also like jaws and tirico, and can deal with tony in limited doses. the only announcers I really can't stand are on fox, and I'm not even sure which ones, because between the awful announcing and the stupid football robots, I generally switch the channel as quickly as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back