PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network - Gumbel & Collinsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

b72s

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Can we agree that pompous & blackboard screeching gumball & collinsworth stink at covering Games?

Also I hate the NBC SNF crowd too Tiki, OLberwoman drive me nuts. Tiki says nothing controversial except about coughlin and olderwoman tries to
be controversial and fails!!!

LAME

Sorry Merge with other thread did not see

Last edited:
I don't mind collinsworth as a color commentator...he's better than whoever did it for them last year. However Gumbell is just terrible and painful to listen to!

I can't take Gumbel. I just keep thinking Kermit the Frog is calling the game.

Gumbel is borderline unbearable to listen to.

The best thing is when they show Collingsworth and Gumbel sitting in the booth and when collingsworth is talking gumble is staring at him about an inch from the side of his face. You can really see Mr. Adams-apple squirm. Its great!

Gumbel has no fire or spirit on his delivery.. Its like he is reading a grocery list to his wife..

HORRIBLE!

They both suck big time...

It's mind boggling how difficult it is for these networks to find a good crew. I can't think of too many that I actually like: Madden & Michaels, Phil Simms, and Jaws. Everybody else is mediocre to terrible.

Let Chris Berman call some games. Bill Parcells would be a fantastic and insightful color guy (perhaps a personal bias, I could listen to his insight all day). There ARE guys out there to make football worth listening to - use them!!

They both suck big time...

AMEN. I thought all of the commentators were bad. I can't stand Gumbel. I got a good night sleep instead of listening to him all night. But it was the embarassing oohing and aahing over TO's warm up during the pregame show that turned me completely off. Good Lord, those men sounded like they wanted to jump poor TO.

Last edited:
In addition to the fact that he's terrible to listen to, he knows nothing about the game. He kept saying how this DB replaced another on the field and then during the play you realize that they just shifted into a nickel package and brought another db in.........gumbel is terrible!

Kenny Albert, Bradshaw and Howie Long did the Sugar Bowl last year. They were the best booth crew I've heard since Summerall and Madden in their prime. Albert is interchangeable with any other play by play straight man, but Bradshaw and Long were terrific. It's obvious they genuinely like each other, which is crucial for chemistry on air. Plus they have personality, are garrulous and know more about football than anybody. That was great and it's a shame tyhey're stuck in the studio. They would be superstars in the booth.

I also liked Denny Green on radio. He is very good on radio, and I bet he would be good in TV too.

100 % Agree!

Gumbel has got to receive the award for worst game/television personalities on-air and Collinsworth is not far behind. Keith Oberman should stay with the real news because his coverage of sports makes me dread watching sports. He reminds me of Dennis Miller's MNF monologues or soapboxing (but I like Miller's new show on Versus).

And furthermore, dump the retired players from the Profootball coverage.... Marshall Faulk, Deion Sanders, Emmitt Smith (go back to dancing), Key-yawn Johnson (purposely an idiot), Steve Young, and even Ditka.

One that I do like... Eric Allen.

I know he seems to make more mistakes than some, but one thing I like about Gumbel is that he seems to talk less and let the camera do more.

My Opinions (Which are of course %100 right)

NFL Network
- I find myself only barely holding back the urge to shove crochet needles in to my eardrums to experience the sweet, sweet release of deafness.

NBC
- Costas is ok sometimes and moronic other times.
- Tiki, Fatty, and Collie are morons.
- Olbermann is the only thing that saves this pregame show, the only reason people hate him is because they're Republicans and they hate anyone who tells the truth about their messiah.
- Al and John are OK, with Al being much better than John.
- Faith Hill is yummy. (Sorry, snuck that one in there.)

MNF
God I miss the old ESPN Crew, Mike Patrick is one of my favorite commentators, and Paul Maguire I liked too. Theisman is the only decent one in this bunch. I love Tony K on PTI but he blows on MNF. Torico is awful, though not NFL Network Awful.

CBS
- Jim Nantz Blows, Phil Simms is great but is paired with a chimpanzee. Nantz was awesome back in the studio, they should put him back there and pair Gumble back up with Simms.

- Gumble and Dierdorf are the best combo on the Network, though I preferred it when they had Gumble with Simms and Dierdorf with **** Enberg.

- **** Enberg and Randy Cross are good.

- Kevin Harlan/Rich Gannon are suprisingly good.

Bryant is by FAR the inferior Gumble. Greg Gumble has a great voice for announcing, Bryant should stay in the political world where everybody sounds annoying anyways.
Colinsworth is just pompous imho

- Olbermann is the only thing that saves this pregame show, the only reason people hate him is because they're Republicans and they hate anyone who tells the truth about their messiah.
This crap goes on the political board. For your info people hate Olberman because he is a weenie little girl.

NBC
- Costas is ok sometimes and moronic other times.
- Tiki, Fatty, and Collie are morons.
- Al and John are OK, with Al being much better than John.
- Faith Hill is yummy. (Sorry, snuck that one in there.)

Never thought I would see an Olberman apologist. You are completely wrong; people hate Olberman becuase he's terrible and brings nothing to the broadcast. Do we really need to know who his opinion of who the 'wost person in sports' is? I guess NBC brought him on there becuase every other show he does tanks, but he won't be able to bring down football! I don't even watch the pregame/halftime/postgame shows on NBC anymore...Costas, Madden, and Michaels are fine but the rest are terrible. (although Collinsworth is ok as a color analyst)

Nice try ripping republicans on the main board

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back