PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

nfl network greatest draft steals

That was a great show,I got a kick out of the footage of TB at the combine,and the weigh in video.Hard to believe that gangly looking kid was going to lead us to three Super Bowl Victories.....

That was a great show,I got a kick out of the footage of TB at the combine,and the weigh in video.Hard to believe that gangly looking kid was going to lead us to three Super Bowl Victories.....

yee of little faith.....you mean you didn't believe in the twig

It was a great show, the only one I disagree with is Bo Jackson. He only played 4 years and only half years at that. He made some great commercials and high light reels and help drive Marcus Allen out of town. There have been far more significant steals then him.

It was a great show, the only one I disagree with is Bo Jackson. He only played 4 years and only half years at that. He made some great commercials and high light reels and help drive Marcus Allen out of town. There have been far more significant steals then him.

I agree; John Unitas should have been on the list instead.

I agree; John Unitas should have been on the list instead.

I don't think Unitas qualifies as a draft day steal. He was drafted by the Steelers, along with another QB, Ted Marchibroda. Steelers cut Johnny U and his hightops, without really even looking at him. Colts signed him a few months later, while he was playing in semi pro ball for like $5 a game.

In that regard, he was a really big steal.

Its on right now ....FYI 7-8pm

Rod Smith was an UDFA, no? Certainly deserves a mention.

Not drafted and is, thus, not a draft steal.

He was definitely one of the top UDFA steals though.

Might as well complete the list now that I've seen it again and can add the three guys I forgot:

10.) Roger Staubach . . . . QB
9.) Larry Wilson . . . . . . . S
8.) Ray Guy . . . . . . . . . . P
7.) Shannon Sharpe . . . . .TE
6.) Bo Jackson . . . . . . . . .RB
5.) Dan Marino . . . . . . . . .QB
4.) Deacon Jones . . . . . . .DE
3.) Terrell Davis . . . . . . . .RB
2.) Joe Montana . . . . . . . .QB
1.) Tom Brady . . . . . . . . . .QB

I don't think Unitas qualifies as a draft day steal. He was drafted by the Steelers, along with another QB, Ted Marchibroda. Steelers cut Johnny U and his hightops, without really even looking at him. Colts signed him a few months later, while he was playing in semi pro ball for like $5 a game.

In that regard, he was a really big steal.

You're right; I had forgotten that Unitas was drafted by the Steelers in '55.

P.S.: After watching Shannon Sharpe's fake phone call on the sidelines at Foxborough, I hate him all over again.

You're right; I had forgotten that Unitas was drafted by the Steelers in '55.

P.S.: After watching Shannon Sharpe's fake phone call on the sidelines at Foxborough, I hate him all over again.

i never forgot about that
always hated him after that

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back