PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network - Get yer VCR's and TIVO's Ready Folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Tonight 8pm - NFL Replay Pats-Bears
Thursday 11:30 AM - GOTW Pats-Bears

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/nfl_replay

NFL game broadcasts from the previous weekend, complete with original television announcers and cameras, will be re-televised on NFL Network, just days after their live airing.

This marks the first-time in the 86-year history of the NFL that games from the NFL regular-season or playoffs are shown outside their live window.

During the 2006 season, NFL Replay will feature four of the most exciting games from the weekend, re-airing exclusively on NFL Network Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.

Two contests will be shown each Tuesday and Wednesday night with 8 and 10:30 p.m. ET kickoff times.

NFL Replay games will air in a 90-minute fast-paced format, without halftime and other elements not critical to the outcome. NFL Replay will tell the story of the game with additional features.

In order to give the games context, NFL Network will add sideline and on-field sound captured during the game and post-game press conference sound bites.

Other enhancements will include exclusive shots and camera angles from NFL Films, allowing fans an inside look at game action they did not see on Sunday. This will give fans a deeper understanding of the game, the players and the coaches.

For example, if NFL Replay was featuring the Colts-Steelers AFC Divisional Playoff where Jerome Bettis fumbled late in the game, viewers would see related comments from Bettis, Bill Cowher and others immediately after the play, as well as slow-motion footage showing the play as it unfolded.

NFL Network has the ability to select any NFL game for use on NFL Replay.

My lucky day. My cable company is "previewing" the NFl Network this week and I just found out about it 10 mins ago.:rocker:

Just turned it on and lo and behold the first play is the one that Seau got injured on.

Ouch.

R

This game was so frustrasting and stressful I think watching it once was enough for me.

I'll take the outcome though.

Pats/Bears is also repeated at 1:00 a.m. this morning.....if you missed the 8:00 p.m. replay

Just curious, is there a reason you wouldn't have recorded it when it was live on Sunday?

Yeah I realize they add in the interviews where plays are being discussed by the players involved.

NFL Network replays these things multiple times. This Replay is on twice more, Wed afternoon at 1PM and again on Saturday at 2:30PM.

ALSO - the Game of the week time is WRONG. Yes, their webpage says 11:30AM Thursday, but GOTW is normally shown on Friday night, plus it makes zero sense to premiere something at 11:30 Thursday morning when they will be pimping their Thursday night game incessantly all day. Here's what I can find for the actual GOTW times:

GOTW 2006: Bears at Patriots Fri, Dec 1 9:30 PM
GOTW 2006: Bears at Patriots Sat, Dec 2 12:30 AM
GOTW 2006: Bears at Patriots Sat, Dec 2 3:30 AM

This GOTW is half an hour long (apparently) and instead of the TV broadcast it uses NFL Films footage, with occasional audio from the local radio announcers. I've only seen the hour-long versions they used to show so i don't know how well they condense it to 1/2 hour, but still probably worth getting even if you recorded the game.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough is that here in RI, NFL Network is still in HD, has not reverted to its previous obscure spot. OTOH Cox Cable does not cover any of the CBS or Fox network games in HD.

After watching that game last night I was impressed with the solid game that Sanders had. Notice I said solid, not great, he not ready to take the place of Rodney or even Chad Scott, yet.

But he played very well and much better than he did at the beginning of the year. It's funny how if you watch a replay without the emotion and intensity that you have during the live game, you can pick things like that up.

After watching that game last night I was impressed with the solid game that Sanders had. Notice I said solid, not great, he not ready to take the place of Rodney or even Chad Scott, yet.

But he played very well and much better than he did at the beginning of the year. It's funny how if you watch a replay without the emotion and intensity that you have during the live game, you can pick things like that up.
Kids, read the game thread now and again and between the mouthbreather posts yearning to wet the bed you'll find little tid bits of wisdom about guys like Sanders. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back