PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network covering camp live Tuesday at 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice.

I love that they are practicing with and then playing the Saints early. The Saints offense is special and they are exceptional where the Patriots defense is weak or needs work. This gives the Pats a critical early reality check and leaves them all of preseason to shore up weak links.

This explains a lot, per Bedard.

Practice rundown #11 - Saints - Extra Points - Boston.com

The Patriots had it taken to them by the Saints in 11-on-11 situations, and it started up front. The Patriots’ offensive line was one big sieve against the Saints’ active front and it threw off the entire offense, including QB Tom Brady, who only completed 7 of 16 passes (43.8 percent) and threw an interception. And because of injuries, the Saints were down to their 4-6 CBs for much of team drills. Conversely, the Saints’ terrific offensive line easily handled the Patriots up front as Drew Brees hit on 18 of his 26 passes (69.2 percent) with an interception.

I was so happy to get home and go over all the picts and data. What a great practice for both teams. Pats OL missing key players I thought they did really well, plus they got a chance to see who was stepping up against the Saints DL 1st string. Its pretty understandable that we got some pressure.
If we didn't then Id worry more about us,lol.

Wish Sprags new DL could have played against the Patriots full OL though, they need the practice, and its one of the best in the NFL.
Probably really good practice for the Patriots offense , sense they might meet a High end pass rush DL like the giants, and this gives them the tape and opportunity to see what the other TE/WR/RB and etc when they are mismatched.

Gaffney looked good from what I hear. Lloyd continues to shine.Hightower and Saints linebacker Will Herring got into a good little shoving match,lol.

After practice Tom Brady sat on the field with his dog, his pregnant wife and Drew Brees among others. Wicked cool.
Purdue boys Drew Brees and Patriots linebacker Niko Koutovides chatted in between drills.

Chandler Jones looked impressive, and our OL commented that he looked like a pass rusher on the giants I wont mention.
Steve Gregory should be let go for picking off Brees. Hes a guest and thats rude. :)

Patriots-Saints joint practice notes and observations

I wish we had our 1st string CB's out there, but aww well. CB Corey White didnt have a good day.
All in all both teams looked pretty good, and Id say beat each others defenses soundly.

Can we know confirm Graham is 6 ft 7" please,lol

Some cool picts Im saving
Snapshots: Pats-Saints practice - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Photos & Pictures | Photos from the Times-Picayune - NOLA.com - NOLA.com

Can anyone confirm or deny that maybe Bon Joni also gave team secrets to the Giants? Someone needs to leash him :mad: Where exactly was he during the SB :)
Jon Bon Jovi Was At Saints-Patriots Practice Today Giving Advice [Pic]

Kind of funny
Joint Saints Patriots practice today

Love me some Gronk, but you can feel the envey in his voice over Grahams superior abilities :eek: j/k
Official Website of the New England Patriots | Home

That would make my week if Graham really does suit up on defense and trys to cover him. Grahams a great kid but a little coc*y about his speed. I think hes forgetting Gronk dont need speed "Gronk Crush" so graham will end up on his ass watching Gronk run away,lol

Martez Wilson is someone to watch on our side DL, and Cam
New Orleans Saints/New England Patriots joint practice recap - New Orleans Saints Football NFL News - NOLA.com

Harper seems to have a crush on Tom
"Height," Harper said. "Tom is quite a bit taller."
Loton also, but its nice he got a lucky one. That looked like a designed jump ball to me something Brady would never throw in the season.

"One thing they both are, they're very smart," Lofton said, who did intercept Brady in the end zone during seven-on-seven drills on Tuesday. "They read defenses. They're pretty similar. Quick tempo, get in and out (of the huddle). Going against Brees in practice really prepares you for going against Brady out here in practice and in a game."
Drew Brees, Tom Brady make practice interesting for New Orleans Saints, New England Patriots defenses - New Orleans Saints Football NFL News - NOLA.com

Good day of practice
A Star-Studded Patriots Practice - YouTube

I really didn't see anyone doing better than the other. Seemed like both teams were working on different offensive and defensive moves and weaknesses you wont see either doing in a real game, unless they perfect it here.

Im just happy Brady got the oppuninity to get some pointers from Brees :singing::singing: I know hes been struggleing to perfect his play :)
j/k

This was a awesome day :)

Last edited:
I hate bad mouthing them to be honest because I obviously have friends in New Orleans that are Saints fans. They're cool, but the newer fans since 2006 and especially 2009 are insufferable.

That is so true, we have a hard time dealing with them, and most are at saints report. Its the only silver lining when Brees leaves. Im sure they will in droves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes