PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network covering camp live Tuesday at 2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it. Brady was picked/intercepted twice. But Brees was just a overthrow.

Brady's pick in the endzone was a misfire too. The defender had to dive to get the pass.

Coverage was horrible today. Should of known better. They just kept rewinding one on ones and going off topic all show long.

On top of using the falsity of the Patriots were taping practices too :rolleyes:

LOL legal plays!

The ironic thing about Saints fans claiming this is that, leading up to SB 36, Martz had the suites in Super Dome curtained off because he was concerned that NO (then a division rival) would film the Rams practicing.

Love it. Brady was picked/intercepted twice. But Brees was just a overthrow.

Saints writers.

Mike Reiss, the Patriots writer, didn't even acknowledge either of Brady's INTs and ESPN AFCE writer James Walker only mentions Chase Daniel's INT.

Stop trying to make something out of nothing.

We're doomed! No way ANYONE makes this team!

Willie was saying on NFLN the thing he liked about joint practice was that it allowed him to try the new techniques that were not working on his teammates to see if it was because of the teams familiarity with his new moves or if the new techniques just didn't work. Imagine that, trying out new things in practice...

I chalk that up to the Saint being alittle more in tuned after playing in the hall of fame game.

I mean remember last year when everyone was talking about how the Lions dominated the Patriots in a preseason game.

Last edited:
And which team will learn more from the practice? - to me this is good grist for the mill, especially for the 1st team players who might not see too much action in the first 2 pre-season games.

I am not overly concerned with the O-line as long as we can get players back, and not exhaust Solder and Cannon. I am not surprised that the Saints were sharper, although I was hoping to hear more positive news from the secondary. It would be nice to hear from some of those present whether the D-Lines were held back from all out blitzes and rushes, as only Jones with his batted ball stood out from the D-line.

This is what practice is for, to identify the faults rather than go into the season believing you are already play-off bound.

This is the right time in camp to get a little incentive to continue practicing hard. The start of camp was just too perfect to last for 5 weeks, now we have a reason and film to help us improve.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss
Sight you usually don't see after a training camp practice: Tom Brady & Drew Brees sitting on grass in end zone, shooting the breeze.

Ungrateful bastards are no doubt talking crap about their former protector, Matt Light!

It's called a reality check. I agree that you learn more from your failures than your successes. BB will have a field day going over the film with the players.

Most preseason's it's the same thing. Pats look not so good and the questions creep in with the fans. By midseason the ship is sailing along smoothly after a hiccup or two.

Relax...Brady and BB have seen this play before. :rocker:

NFLN's coverage was a joke. No interviews, no interesting video, just a five-minute loop of drills with that jackass Charlie Casserly talking over it. :bricks:

NFLN's coverage was a joke. No interviews, no interesting video, just a five-minute loop of drills with that jackass Charlie Casserly talking over it. :bricks:

This is what it is for every team and their ratings have been pretty good.

When I saw the title of this thread and saw they were covering Pats camp live, sadly my first thought was "Why is Tim Tebow going to be here?"

Huh well this actually sounds good:

"Patriots linebackers and members of the secondary had a solid practice. Brees often seemed to go through two or three options before throwing short dump-offs. Not a ton of long-distance hookups for the Saints."

Patriots-Saints joint practice notes and observations

Huh well this actually sounds good:

"Patriots linebackers and members of the secondary had a solid practice. Brees often seemed to go through two or three options before throwing short dump-offs. Not a ton of long-distance hookups for the Saints."

Patriots-Saints joint practice notes and observations

thanks for sharing. it seems like everyone is relying on the Reiss report for what went down today at practice. reiss is just a reporter with no real football knowledge. the report from comcast sports is much more objective - some good, some bad.

thanks for sharing. it seems like everyone is relying on the Reiss report for what went down today at practice. reiss is just a reporter with no real football knowledge. the report from comcast sports is much more objective - some good, some bad.

Yeah, it's hard to read much into the 16 for 21 Brees put up without some context. For starters, that's about as accurate as he usually is. Second, the Saints throw a ton of dump offs to their backs (as they should, they're great at it.) We aren't going to face a QB on that level other than Manning if he regains form unless we are fortunate enough to make the Superbowl and either the Saints or Packers get there. Would have been nice if Spikes was in there as well but it sounds like Moore, Hightower, and Jones all had good days and I didn't read anything specifically bad about McCourty or Dowling which is good. I'm also encouraged by Gregory making a play at Safety.

On offense it sounds like the problems get solved if the linemen we expect to show up, actually show up. Hopefully Mankins and Vollmer are ready to go weeks 1 and Waters shows up so I can go back to the RBs being my main concern on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back