PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network Countdown of the "TOP 10 WORST FREE AGENT SIGNINGS:"#1 Albert Haynesworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockt327

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Oh boy.

Did anyone just see that countdown?

Not that it matters, just that the timing couldn't be any worse. Or, uh, ominous. Ugh....

Re: NFL Network Countdown of the "TOP 10 WORST FREE AGENT SIGNINGS:"#1 Albert Haynesw

They might need to update their "Top 10 Best Trades" soon

Re: NFL Network Countdown of the "TOP 10 WORST FREE AGENT SIGNINGS:"#1 Albert Haynesw

Number 1 was anyone to the Redskins they wasted alot of money before Albert.

The pats could have their own top 10 of best trades.

Last edited:

Oddly enough, The 1995 Cleveland Browns acquisition of Andre Rison also made the list.

Who were the 95 Browns coached by? None other than Bill Belichick.

Haynesworth was the worst FA signing. $100 mill and gone in 2 years

Just keep on adding fuel to his fire

The more crap like this come out, the more motivated Big AL gets to prove them wrong.

The more crap like this come out, the more motivated Big AL gets to prove them wrong.

You just know he'll be hearing about this, too.

I was watching this, I had to chuckle though can't lie lol
C'mon Phat Al, show these boys what you can do for the Patriots.

How can Haynesworth beat out Jeff George. I mean, didn't he get like 20 mill in 2 years for like 6 games????

I missed the show but I can't disagree with them. Consider the value: the amount of money paid versus the amount of productivity. Frankly I cannot think of a worse free agent signing.

So what? That has nothing to do with whether or not this was a good trade. Even though the player is the same, what was given up in return is not remotely close. In fact if anything, because of that experience one would expect Haynesworth to be far more motivated than he was in Washington, and also utilized in a position to better fit his talents.

The merits of that signing have zero to do with the merits of this trade, so don't worry about that list.

Oddly enough, The 1995 Cleveland Browns acquisition of Andre Rison also made the list.

I'm not sure BB advocated for that deal. From the soundbits of that clip, it was the doing of their owner Art Modell.

I'm not sure BB advocated for that deal. From the soundbits of that clip, it was the doing of their owner Art Modell.

Yes, but they kept making allusions to how Art went after Rison because his "football experts" told him too. Who would they be besides his FO/coach?

Afeilious Thomas named?

Afeilious Thomas named?

He was highly productive in 2007 despite playing half the season away from his natural position. He was good in 2008 until he got injured in IR. In 2009, he became a nutcase.

but belichick was not running the team back then like he is now. art modell never gave BB the kind of power that kraft does.

I was watching this, I had to chuckle though can't lie lol
C'mon Phat Al, show these boys what you can do for the Patriots.

"Phat" Albert. I like that.

Was Moss either to the Raiders or Vikings in there or were trades excluded? (Was moss to the Raiders a trade?)

Last edited:

I think this is the problem. AH seems to have no fire and no motivation. His history in the NFL seems to indicate that pretty clearly.

I think this is the problem. AH seems to have no fire and no motivation. His history in the NFL seems to indicate that pretty clearly.
Yes, I think this what people have to realize. This guy is a total loser, he doesn't seem motivated by anything. I am just looking at this thing like a bit of an experiment.

I will be totally satisfied if the Pats get one season out of him...He'll then command more $$$$ in his next contract and BB will let him walk.....

I look at this as a one year rental...nothing more....let the youngsters rotate in and get experience...Use the top picks next draft on an OC and DE/OLB.

In the mini interview on All Access, the one thing that stood out is he said 'It's good to be with a team, with a winning attitude'!

Maybe he plays bad when the team are bad?

His best sack total (2008) was the season where Titans went 13-3! His worst sack total (except his rookie season), the Titans went 5-11!

And his production was poor in DC, but so was the whole teams! 10-22 over his 2 seasons!

I think that AH is a player who truly benefits from winning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes