Welcome to PatsFans.com

NFL Network Countdown of the "TOP 10 WORST FREE AGENT SIGNINGS:"#1 Albert Haynesworth

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Shockt327, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shockt327

Shockt327 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -2

Oh boy.

Did anyone just see that countdown?

Not that it matters, just that the timing couldn't be any worse. Or, uh, ominous. Ugh....
  2. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -0

Re: NFL Network Countdown of the "TOP 10 WORST FREE AGENT SIGNINGS:"#1 Albert Haynesw

They might need to update their "Top 10 Best Trades" soon
  3. rbh24

rbh24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: NFL Network Countdown of the "TOP 10 WORST FREE AGENT SIGNINGS:"#1 Albert Haynesw

Number 1 was anyone to the Redskins they wasted alot of money before Albert.

The pats could have their own top 10 of best trades.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  4. Shockt327

Shockt327 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -2

Oddly enough, The 1995 Cleveland Browns acquisition of Andre Rison also made the list.

Who were the 95 Browns coached by? None other than Bill Belichick.
  5. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 5 / -1

#95 Jersey

Haynesworth was the worst FA signing. $100 mill and gone in 2 years
  6. coolguy

coolguy Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just keep on adding fuel to his fire

The more crap like this come out, the more motivated Big AL gets to prove them wrong.
  7. Shockt327

Shockt327 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -2

You just know he'll be hearing about this, too.
  8. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was watching this, I had to chuckle though can't lie lol
    C'mon Phat Al, show these boys what you can do for the Patriots.
  9. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +326 / 20 / -48

#50 Jersey

How can Haynesworth beat out Jeff George. I mean, didn't he get like 20 mill in 2 years for like 6 games????
  10. Ron Sellers

Ron Sellers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I missed the show but I can't disagree with them. Consider the value: the amount of money paid versus the amount of productivity. Frankly I cannot think of a worse free agent signing.

So what? That has nothing to do with whether or not this was a good trade. Even though the player is the same, what was given up in return is not remotely close. In fact if anything, because of that experience one would expect Haynesworth to be far more motivated than he was in Washington, and also utilized in a position to better fit his talents.

The merits of that signing have zero to do with the merits of this trade, so don't worry about that list.
  11. NinjaZX6R

NinjaZX6R Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm not sure BB advocated for that deal. From the soundbits of that clip, it was the doing of their owner Art Modell.
  12. Shockt327

Shockt327 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -2

Yes, but they kept making allusions to how Art went after Rison because his "football experts" told him too. Who would they be besides his FO/coach?
  13. vuudu

vuudu Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Afeilious Thomas named?
  14. NinjaZX6R

NinjaZX6R Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He was highly productive in 2007 despite playing half the season away from his natural position. He was good in 2008 until he got injured in IR. In 2009, he became a nutcase.
  15. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 18 / -9

#12 Jersey

but belichick was not running the team back then like he is now. art modell never gave BB the kind of power that kraft does.
  16. lurker1965

lurker1965 Rookie

Ratings:
    +98 / 6 / -7

No Jersey Selected

"Phat" Albert. I like that.

Was Moss either to the Raiders or Vikings in there or were trades excluded? (Was moss to the Raiders a trade?)
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  17. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I think this is the problem. AH seems to have no fire and no motivation. His history in the NFL seems to indicate that pretty clearly.
  18. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yes, I think this what people have to realize. This guy is a total loser, he doesn't seem motivated by anything. I am just looking at this thing like a bit of an experiment.
  19. BlueThunder

BlueThunder PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

I will be totally satisfied if the Pats get one season out of him...He'll then command more $$$$ in his next contract and BB will let him walk.....

I look at this as a one year rental...nothing more....let the youngsters rotate in and get experience...Use the top picks next draft on an OC and DE/OLB.
  20. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#3 Jersey

In the mini interview on All Access, the one thing that stood out is he said 'It's good to be with a team, with a winning attitude'!

Maybe he plays bad when the team are bad?

His best sack total (2008) was the season where Titans went 13-3! His worst sack total (except his rookie season), the Titans went 5-11!

And his production was poor in DC, but so was the whole teams! 10-22 over his 2 seasons!

I think that AH is a player who truly benefits from winning!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.