PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network AKA The Official NY Jets Network

BennyBledsoe

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Holy crap, I can't believe how badly biased these guys were.... or at least Mayock. Anybody else notice his constant ass-kissing of Geno Smith?

Anybody else notice them talking about having lunch with Santonio Holmes like it happens all the time?

I rarely if ever get pissed off at announcers....but I was ready to sucker punch that lisping fool.

Oh yes, the weekly: "Everyone hates us" thread. Do you know why he talked a lot about Geno? Because Mayock spends a lot of time analysing prospects for the draft, and Geno smith was just drafted. Also, it's not unusual at all for production teams to have lunch and meetings with players before the game. Mayock has a lot of respect for Belichick and I beleive that Bill respects Mayock too. They do not hate us.

Please.

Mayock is the biggest BB ball washer on TV today.

He played Safety on BB's NY Giants defenses in the early 80's.

BB famously made this guy's broadcasting career by feeding him inside info and giving him an unprecedentedly frank hour long interview a few years ago. Mayock openly says his favorite day of the summer is visiting BB's training camp. He is a certifiable BBophile.

Even Bob Kraft doesn't slobber over BB as much as Mayock does.

Last edited:
I actually have a lot of respect for Mayock. He is one of my favorite game callers. Always knowledgeable, and able to dissect the game and the players the way it should be - with non-biased facts, and without all the BS around.

On the other hand, morons like Jon (ring flasher) Gruden, Greg Gumbel, the Michaels/Collinsworth SNF roadshow, and Joe (I don't know what say) Buck, are just too much for me. When these clowns are on, I have no problem muting the TV and just listening to music instead. :mad:

Oh yes, the weekly: "Everyone hates us" thread. Do you know why he talked a lot about Geno? Because Mayock spends a lot of time analysing prospects for the draft, and Geno smith was just drafted. Also, it's not unusual at all for production teams to have lunch and meetings with players before the game. Mayock has a lot of respect for Belichick and I beleive that Bill respects Mayock too. They do not hate us.
LOL! you're right. Mayock loves BB and NE. With that said, however, please don't pretend that others on NFLN and ESPN don't hate the Patriots - they do.

If Mayock does, it sure didn't seem like it Thursday night. He kept hyping Geno Smith even after he threw his third pick.

Is this for real? They were both ball-washing the Pats (BB and Brady in particular obv) excessively.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back