PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL looking to put Super Bowl in London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding NFL Europe failing - check out all the former NFL Europe guys on rosters around the league.

It wasn't hugely popular in terms of fans attending, but it was a pretty successful breeding ground for players trying to find their way in the game.

Kurt Warner being one.

Regarding NFL Europe failing - check out all the former NFL Europe guys on rosters around the league.

It wasn't hugely popular in terms of fans attending, but it was a pretty successful breeding ground for players trying to find their way in the game.

Kurt Warner being one.

I was speaking strictly from a popularity standpoint. It was a solid minor league system for the NFL, no arguments there.

Sorry but to me having the Super Bowl in London is like having the UEFA Championship game in... say..... Kansas City. Its ultimately unfair to fans of both leagues. Along with it taking away revenue that the city hosting said event would make as well.

But hey leave it to Roger Dumbdell to keep pulling stupid stunts like this.

The regular season games in London are bad enough. If they wanted to give it a shot, fine. Go for it. I'm not opposed to global expansion and all, but no one else plays this game and they don't seem to want to.

I don't want to watch Cricket, and you don't see them pushing it to the USA.

A Super Bowl in London would be just awful.

They tried pushing soccer here by importing David Beckham and look how that worked out in CA lol. I think he's headed back to Europe but I'm not totally sure.

The competitior in Beckham has made him realise the mistake he made going to play in the MLS, he'd love to stay with Milan for aslong as he could I'm sure.

Victoria can shop there too ;)

They tried pushing soccer here by importing David Beckham and look how that worked out in CA lol. I think he's headed back to Europe but I'm not totally sure.

He's currently on loan at AC Milan and will return the LA in the summer.

Milan,yes! I knew it wasn't GB but I couldn't think of where it was. They were hoping by bringing him to CA that soccer would elevate and draw some celebs, draw more fans,etc but it just never happened.

NE's soccer fanbase is pretty good; I know a lot of people who sort of follow their progress but don't go to the games or anything.

Apparently some sports just don't travel well internationally.

Milan,yes! I knew it wasn't GB but I couldn't think of where it was. They were hoping by bringing him to CA that soccer would elevate and draw some celebs, draw more fans,etc but it just never happened.

NE's soccer fanbase is pretty good; I know a lot of people who sort of follow their progress but don't go to the games or anything.

Apparently some sports just don't travel well internationally.

It's just not ingrained into the culture. Generally speaking sons will follow the sports and teams of their father.

Unless a sport is already big in a country, its doubtful it ever will be big.

It's just not ingrained into the culture. Generally speaking sons will follow the sports and teams of their father.

Unless a sport is already big in a country, its doubtful it ever will be big.

It takes decades for sports to get big, to expect it to become a major sport overnight is foolish. Happened with football, baseball, basketball, and hockey.

But as it stands with soccer here it's been here as a pro sport in it's current league for 14 years(just started the 14th last month), and unlike the past it has stability through dedicated owners with deep pockets(Hunts, Krafts, Anschultz Group etc.). It took a long time to get profitable(expected between 2010 and 2015 based on expansions) but is a stable sport that is attracting fans from all regions of the country and Canada. It's here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back