PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Live- Schlereth and Salisbury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you cant blame them, everything seems to be in Indy's favor.. Home Field, defense coming around.. Just hope we plan well, and then next week we could shut these guys up...

everything except that the patriots are the better, more versatile team.

everything except that the patriots are the better, more versatile team.

More versatile? Polian said yesterday the Colts can "play any style". I nearly choked to death from laughing so hard.

I think it comes down to two things:

1-The media is sick of NE. Dan Patrick, the ******* moron that he is, at least admitted this the other day.

2-They adore Manning and desperately want him to win a SB.

Their website is horrendous. It's virtually all pay only now. Sad to see it go so downhill so quickly. I may take your advice on the network itself. When you have zero people offering a dissenting opinion on who wins a particular game, it becomes a little boring. Nobody at the network has the balls to pick the Pats.

a kind of like Dan Patrick, maybe because he's a remnant of the old days when I loved ESPN. I really enjoy when Olberman is on with him. When he gets rambling and starts talking slowly and laboringly about simple topics which don't require much thought I have to change stations though.

I pay for the website because it's only like $40 for the year or something ridiculously cheap considering how much content they have. It took me awhile to swallow that pill though, and I'm tempted to cancel so they can't use me when they quote subscriber numbers for that abortion they call a magazine (if you don't know you get it free with the insider). I don't think I've opened one up in at least 6 months, they go straight into recycling.

dont think so . Why cant we give credit to indy when they beat us ?

Normally, I would agree.

But there was something very funky about the way the Patriots abandoned the run in that second half, after it had been very sucessful using all three backs in the first. That wasn't just a slight difference, they went from 80-20 run-pass to 10-90 run-pass. Meanwhile, they kept throwing and throwing with Brady and his WR's just stinking up the joint - three of those four INT's were tipped so they weren't all his fault, but the route running was partially at fault there too.

The Indy run D was looking awful, it was definitely a weakness that the Pats were exploiting in that first half, and then they stayed away - - it was weird.

Adam over Brady?

Remember the ESPN.com poll a week ago about the most clutch player with some choices. Brady had the most votes from every state. All Vinatieri has to do is kick. I think Brady's job is slightly harder considering there is more pressure on a guy like Brady than a kicker.

Pretty much...

I think it comes down to two things:

1-The media is sick of NE. Dan Patrick, the ******* moron that he is, at least admitted this the other day.

2-They adore Manning and desperately want him to win a SB.

Their website is horrendous. It's virtually all pay only now. Sad to see it go so downhill so quickly. I may take your advice on the network itself. When you have zero people offering a dissenting opinion on who wins a particular game, it becomes a little boring. Nobody at the network has the balls to pick the Pats.
dan patrick also compared us to the 49ers...not a lot of personality ..no one talks..just go about their business...i take that as compliment...

I usually am not one to complain about not getting respect, but I would have thought the Pats would get more than this. Salisbury and Schlereth gave the Colts the advantage on every question asked. The questions were ones like "Bigger difference maker on D- Asante or Sanders" "Better clutch performer, Brady or Vinatieri" and "Better storyline- Pats going for 4th SB, or Colts going for their first." They picked the Colt option on those, and the third one irked me the most. The Pats would be looking at making history if they won the SB this year...how is that not a better storyline than the Colts winning their first?

Also, Schlereth picked the Colts on ESPNEWS earlier, as did John Clayton. Looks like everyone in the media is against the Pats once again. I wonder when this will end?
At least we have Merriman in our corner:rocker:
I used to think NFL Live was pretty good, not NFL Matchup (Hoge and Jaworski) good, but still pretty good. But lately it seems to have completely degenerated into a garbage show wherein, instead of providing insightful analysis, they answer stupid questions such as "who is a more clutch player, Brady or Vinitieri?" That's like asking which is fatter, a dog or a tree. It just doesn't make any sense.

dan patrick also compared us to the 49ers...not a lot of personality ..no one talks..just go about their business...i take that as compliment...

I don't mind Dan.

He is one of the better ones.

The 49ers in their glory days = very good indeed...

i canceled espn 5 years ago and havent missed it one bit! talk about a bunch of blathering morons. they call themselves "experts" ? what a joke !

I hardly watch ESPN, I watch more of NFL Network, but that's pretty bad too. I really cant stand Marshall Faulk, I wish he'd shut up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back