PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Live- Schlereth and Salisbury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to get ahead of ourselves... what about a Pats - Saints super bowl? Talk about a Pats hatefest!

Re: Add the Dount Fiend to the list......

I think the safety argument is legitimate, but this is statement is flat out stupid:
"It's hard to fathom the NFL's most studious player putting in even more time with the video machine, but Manning's probably keeping late nights this week, poring over every shred of New England-related celluloid he can unearth. You've got to figure that even the fertile defensive mind of Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who always has something up the cutoff sleeve of his hoodie, at some point is going to run out of schemes to throw at Manning."
What happens if Manning runs out of answers to Belichicks schemes before Belichick runs out of schemes? Every opposing quarterback says Belichick is tough because he throws stuff at you that has never been used before. Is Manning watching film of the future or something?

And this:
Chicks dig the long ball: The pundits don't always recognize it, but few offenses throw the ball vertically like the Colts do.
Everyone recognizes it FAR TOO WELL!! Every team the Colts beat this year (Miami game is a great example) were so petrified of Manning beating them deep that they rushed three all game long. Everyone is completely aware of the fact that they are a deep threat, especially the Pats.

"More risky":)

The Baltimore defense did a good job against Indy. They only gave up 3 points more than they averaged giving up all year. The Chiefs didn't do too bad either, they only fell apart on defense after their offense continued to fail, so the defense was on the field a lot and got exhausted. I think that's the biggest thing about the game this week: Keep our defense fresh. We need to be able to force a turnover in the fourth quarter, and you need a fresh defense to do so.
risky i mean..you allow a team to mvoe the ball between the 20's and play red zone...if we dont play redzone D we are toast...The ravens D didnt do much like that..they hardly allowed indy in the red zone...sure they were inept offenses but ravens D is far more confusing and unfamiliar to manning than what he will be seeing for the nth time against the pats ...We are not the same athletes as the ravens and they were on 1 week rest at home . and still lost.
everyone thought ravens would beat indy and they went there and won. We demand people give us respect for beating the chargers instead of blaming it on charger mistakes but yet we dont want to credit indy for the win blaming it on baltimore offense.

Also, what the hell does this mean:
"Harrison and Wayne combined for only five touchdown catches of 20 yards or more during the season, and their average scoring reception was for 15.1 yards. But they averaged 14.8 yards per catch in the regular season, graphic evidence that they still prefer to stretch the field."
How does these stats provide graphic evidence that they prefer to stretch the field? Less than 15 YPC is not incredibly high...

dont think so . Why cant we give credit to indy when they beat us ?

Because, win or lose, the Pats always gameplan well. And that gameplan was so very wrong for Indy.

I think the safety argument is legitimate, but this is statement is flat out stupid:
"It's hard to fathom the NFL's most studious player putting in even more time with the video machine, but Manning's probably keeping late nights this week, poring over every shred of New England-related celluloid he can unearth. You've got to figure that even the fertile defensive mind of Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who always has something up the cutoff sleeve of his hoodie, at some point is going to run out of schemes to throw at Manning."
What happens if Manning runs out of answers to Belichicks schemes before Belichick runs out of schemes? Every opposing quarterback says Belichick is tough because he throws stuff at you that has never been used before. Is Manning watching film of the future or something?

And this:
Chicks dig the long ball: The pundits don't always recognize it, but few offenses throw the ball vertically like the Colts do.
Everyone recognizes it FAR TOO WELL!! Every team the Colts beat this year (Miami game is a great example) were so petrified of Manning beating them deep that they rushed three all game long. Everyone is completely aware of the fact that they are a deep threat, especially the Pats.

I think his points about the Pats DBs were cut and pasted from his stuff from 2004. I remember him saying essentially the exact same thing when we had Randall Gay and Earthwind Moreland patrolling the secondary.

Obviously Brady doesn't care or read this ****, but you'd think he'd be offended by Donut Boy implying he isn't as "studious" as Manning. As a fan I find it offensive. As the value of what Manning is watching, I'm not sure there is much beyond the norm.

Because, win or lose, the Pats always gameplan well. And that gameplan was so very wrong for Indy.

so all pats losses are because of gameplans being bad ..not because the other team had something to do with it as well ..?

Yah, but expert's picks mean little, look at last week's picks from ESPN, only 1 person picked correct....

Yah, but expert's picks mean little, look at last week's picks from ESPN, only 1 person picked correct....

mean little=mean zero..
not even a little..

I usually am not one to complain about not getting respect, but I would have thought the Pats would get more than this. Salisbury and Schlereth gave the Colts the advantage on every question asked. The questions were ones like "Bigger difference maker on D- Asante or Sanders" "Better clutch performer, Brady or Vinatieri" and "Better storyline- Pats going for 4th SB, or Colts going for their first." They picked the Colt option on those, and the third one irked me the most. The Pats would be looking at making history if they won the SB this year...how is that not a better storyline than the Colts winning their first?

Also, Schlereth picked the Colts on ESPNEWS earlier, as did John Clayton. Looks like everyone in the media is against the Pats once again. I wonder when this will end?
At least we have Merriman in our corner:rocker:

Why do you care? The opinions of three girls who work at Supercuts carry the same weight. Those picks have always been a popularity contest. They WANT Indy to win, thats all they are saying.

Also, Schlereth picked the Colts on ESPNEWS earlier, as did John Clayton. Looks like everyone in the media is against the Pats once again. I wonder when this will end?

Schlereth NEVER picks the Pats!

Adam over Brady?

Remember the ESPN.com poll a week ago about the most clutch player with some choices. Brady had the most votes from every state. All Vinatieri has to do is kick. I think Brady's job is slightly harder considering there is more pressure on a guy like Brady than a kicker.

I usually am not one to complain about not getting respect, but I would have thought the Pats would get more than this. Salisbury and Schlereth gave the Colts the advantage on every question asked. The questions were ones like "Bigger difference maker on D- Asante or Sanders" "Better clutch performer, Brady or Vinatieri" and "Better storyline- Pats going for 4th SB, or Colts going for their first." They picked the Colt option on those, and the third one irked me the most. The Pats would be looking at making history if they won the SB this year...how is that not a better storyline than the Colts winning their first?

I would agree with them about Sanders being a bigger difference maker and maybe the Colts being a better storyline, but Vinatieri being more clutch than Brady is ridiculous. Virtually every clutch kick that Vinatieri made when Brady was the QB came off a clutch a clutch drive by Brady. Brady has had many clutch drives that didn't end with a Vinatieri field goal.

so all pats losses are because of gameplans being bad ..not because the other team had something to do with it as well ..?

I watched that Indy game, and saw that, not only was the gameplan bad, but they made no adjustments at all; I found that odd. Belichick also has a history of not showing a whole lot to a team he expects to see again.

Not to mention, I never said that Indy wouldn't have won the first game outright, even if the gameplan had been better. All I said was that I've never seen Belichick be so stubborn in an unsuccessful gameplan. I think there's a reason for that.

Are these guys supposed to be reporters or cheerleaders?

Their bias is completely out there for all to see.

I thought it was interesting too how they felt that Freeney was going to be one of the big difference makers in being all over Tom Brady. If Shawn Merriman and the Chargers defense wasn't all over Brady, why do they seem to think the Colts will? Wishful thinking?

Personally, I am more afraid of Robert Mathis than I am of Dwight Freeney. Freeney has sucked this year. Freeney had 5.5 sacks this year and 3 of them came against the Bengals where their starting left tackle and center were out of the game. He had 2.5 sacks for the rest of season.

Ever since Orlando Pace gave every tackle the blueprints on how to stop his spin move by keeping him arm's distance away from their body, Freeney has not been a dominant pass rusher.

He did have two sacks vs. KC, but KC's line has been depleted too. He didn't have a single sack or tackle vs. the Ravens.

I don't get why analysts still talk about Freeney like he is this sack master that he was a year or two ago. He is clearly an example of the perception being greater than the reality.

The Colts have the second least amount of sack in the league. We had the fifth most and 19 more than Indy, but it is the Pats who have to worry about pressuring the QB?

By the way, Merrill Hoge is about to be on Sportscenter and explain how the has been, Dwight Freeney and his meager 5.5 sacks, will dominate our offensive line.

Incidentally, number of sacks the Colts had in the first matchup: 0

Dont watch ESPN...they all decide a pick and then give reasons for it ..not the other way round ..e,g, clayton says he picks manning to play better because he picked him last 4 yrs and player like manning is bound to break out sometime...*sigh*

Dont watch ESPN...they all decide a pick and then give reasons for it ..not the other way round ..e,g, clayton says he picks manning to play better because he picked him last 4 yrs and player like manning is bound to break out sometime...*sigh*

Remember before the year when he (I think it was Clayton) said the ruling that game balls could be handled before the game would make Manning more dangerous?

remember back in '04 when, after everyone picked the Colts over the Pats for the second year in a row and after the Pats beat the Colts for the second year in a row, just about everyone in the media said "that's it, I've learned my lesson. I'm never picking the Colts over the Patriots in the playoffs ever again."

it amazes me how short of a memory these people have. you'd have thought the SD game would have been a perfect reminder. you'd have thought the Colts offense struggling in the playoffs would remind them.

instead all that they focus on is an overreaction to a freaking celebration and a Colts defense which stopped a horrendous offense (Balt) and a KC team with a coach who refused to adjust to 8 in the box or take out a QB who shouldn't have been starting in the first place.

Eh, and people ask me how I consider myself a big sports fan yet never watch ESPN for anything other than games. It's all trash, and I pity those of you who subject yourselves to it. If I could just wean myself off of the website...

remember back in '04 when, after everyone picked the Colts over the Pats for the second year in a row and after the Pats beat the Colts for the second year in a row, just about everyone in the media said "that's it, I've learned my lesson. I'm never picking the Colts over the Patriots in the playoffs ever again."

it amazes me how short of a memory these people have. you'd have thought the SD game would have been a perfect reminder. you'd have thought the Colts offense struggling in the playoffs would remind them.

instead all that they focus on is an overreaction to a freaking celebration and a Colts defense which stopped a horrendous offense (Balt) and a KC team with a coach who refused to adjust to 8 in the box or take out a QB who shouldn't have been starting in the first place.

Eh, and people ask me how I consider myself a big sports fan yet never watch ESPN for anything other than games. It's all trash, and I pity those of you who subject yourselves to it. If I could just wean myself off of the website...

I think it comes down to two things:

1-The media is sick of NE. Dan Patrick, the ******* moron that he is, at least admitted this the other day.

2-They adore Manning and desperately want him to win a SB.

Their website is horrendous. It's virtually all pay only now. Sad to see it go so downhill so quickly. I may take your advice on the network itself. When you have zero people offering a dissenting opinion on who wins a particular game, it becomes a little boring. Nobody at the network has the balls to pick the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back