PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL lies again (re superbowl 1 tape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

voluntarysaftey

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/03/s...owl-i-recording-broadcast-nfl-troy-haupt.html

CBS backed out of a plan to interview him for a Super Bowl pregame segment that would have used a few minutes from the game. It had agreed to pay him $25,000 and give him two tickets to the Super Bowl. A producer was preparing to watch a restored, digital copy of the game at the Paley Center. A crew was ready to go to Manteo. He was going to tell his story, and perhaps the league would listen.

“It was my right to tell my story, and they were paying me for it,” Haupt said.

But according to his lawyer, Steve Harwood, the deal collapsed when he was told that the N.F.L. had ordered CBS not to pay him.

Now the NFL Lie:
Brian McCarthy, a league spokesman, denied that the N.F.L. was involved.
“We didn’t tell them not to do it,” he said. “We didn’t talk to CBS about the payment.”

A CBS Sports spokeswoman said only that it chose not to do the feature “because we couldn’t get the appropriate clearances.”
Not sure why CBS would need any clearances to do an interview, except that the CBS executives wanted to make sure they didn't piss off the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back